ZMA and Pre-Bed Meal

I’m about to start taking ZMA at night before bed. I usually have some cottage cheese and walnuts or some other combo of protein and healthy fat before I sleep.

It says to take ZMA on an empty stomach and definitely not with calcium. Any suggestions, or do I just have to give up on the pre-bed meals (something I really don’t want to do)?

Thanks

Eat your pre-bed time meal a little earlier. It’s not that complicated.

Or take the ZMA half an hour before your meal.

I take the ZMA about 45 min before bed, eat right before bed. I also have cottage cheese and what not. I have noticed that sometimes when I mess up and take the ZMA to close to or with the cottage cheese I don’t get the same effect (better sleep), but when i take it 45 min before, by the time i’m eating i’m very sleepy and ready to hit the sack.

Why not eat your meal about 30-45 minutes before bed and take your ZMA right before you go to bed?

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
Why not eat your meal about 30-45 minutes before bed and take your ZMA right before you go to bed?[/quote]

The cottage cheese is casein, which is slow digesting so it will impair the ZMA absorption for a lot longer than 45mins, Although there is science saying this is not the case…
Anyhow to be safe I pop my ZMA then eat about 40 mins later…

ShadoW

alright thanks yeha I figured I would just take the ZMA a little earlier and eat right before bed, that way the ZMA should be absorbed by the time the casein gets in there and gels my stomach or whatever it does

I’m glad this was posted.

Someone recommended trying ZMA stacked with Alpha Male (which also is taken on an empty stomach).
Alpha Male is in the morning and then 8 hours later. With the ZMA at night now, apparently Biotest doesn’t want me to eat all friggin day long…very confusing…Makes me dislike the whole lot of them.

what constitutes an empty stomach anyway???

[quote]BJ* wrote:
I’m glad this was posted.

Someone recommended trying ZMA stacked with Alpha Male (which also is taken on an empty stomach).
Alpha Male is in the morning and then 8 hours later. With the ZMA at night now, apparently Biotest doesn’t want me to eat all friggin day long…very confusing…Makes me dislike the whole lot of them.

what constitutes an empty stomach anyway???
[/quote]
good lord lol dont make it so complicated just take them

if your eating every three hours or so take then 2 hours after and or 30 prior to a meal. if you mess up dont sweat it i just wouldt take any supp with say oats etc as the soluable fiber may trap some

Phill

Thanks