T Nation

ZMA and Dreams

Am I the only one who gets really vivid dreams which I remember the day after when I pop ZMA pills about 30 mins before I go to bed, or is this quite common? I have had quite an entertaining time with this ^^

I have crazy dreams when I take ZMA.

it's common

This is funny because I just started taking ZMA last week and I've had some of the most vivid dreams as well. I've actually started feeling completely different ever since I started taking them.

i get vivid dreams with megadosing fish oil

I take them every night just so I can have the dreams. Biotest should market these things as dream pills.

Last week there were zombies. It was fantastic.

its a side effect of the large amount of vitamin b6. and its amazing.

I've yet to try the Z-12, but I have not found anything that has affected the quality of my sleep as Biotest-brand ZMA. I've got a metric ass-load of the stuff from GNC, and I don't notice a damn bit of difference from not taking any.

If I had to skip all but the most essential supps, this would be on the short list.

never had Biotest zma but normal zma gave me overly intense dreams often nightmares if taken late. Zinc on its own helps me sleep deeper

I get intense dreams that can sometimes wake me up in the middle of the night. Like the time I dreamt me and the guys I push the prowler with were running through a field of sunflowers and we ended up slicing the throats of about 30 people. Good thing i wasn't sleeping near the buther knives

I agree. Fuck the testosterone boost, I want my crazy dreams.

Last night I jumped off a huge dam wall cos I was being chased.

my craziest dream I can remember was when I for some reason was a ghost buster in a haunted house, which ended up with me after catching like 10 ghosts being killed by Satan on the rooftop, thus turning me into a ghost.

Thereafter as a ghost I killed Oprah Winfrey as she for some reason walked up the stairs. Dont know if it gets much crazier than this ;p

my craziest dream I can remember was when I for some reason was a ghost buster in a haunted house, which ended up with me after catching like 10 ghosts being killed by Satan on the rooftop, thus turning me into a ghost.

Thereafter as a ghost I killed Oprah Winfrey as she for some reason walked up the stairs. Dont know if it gets much crazier than this ;p

My dreams on ZMA wake me up and are always nightmares. I like ZMA and use melatonin with it just to stay asleep. Otherwise I'm up two or three times a night. Sometimes I lay off of it just to get solid sleep. Not too convinced it brings on deeper sleep myself. BUt I do like the dreams, kind of a novelty.

I get them but they stop if I don't cycle it. I normally go two weeks on, a week off otherwise the dreams go bye bye.

But yeah, this stuff is worth it for that alone.

happens every night its fucked up the shit you dream of when taking zma

Never had dreams with ZMA.

I do dream regularly but I don't think ZMA has actually done anything to that effect. Anti-depressants gave me crazy dreams, often lucid, but nothing would make it worth taking those damn things again.

Lately I haven't been remembering my dreams that well. Maybe it's the melatonin.

Then you are probably low on B6 and need to take another form of it known as Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate (P5P). Lack of dream recall according to Pfeifer is indicative of diminished B6.

The vivid dreams: sorta cool. The vivid nightmares: not so much.

I don't feel well rested when I wake up and mentally feel like I spent the night fighting zombies like I was Will Smith's character in I Am Legend.