T Nation

ZMA and Calcium

How long do I have to wait after a meal with calcium to take my ZMA? As it stands now my last meal of the day is at 7pm, with cottage cheese. I doubt that waiting half an hour is long enough. If it is, great, but I just don’t know. Any help is appreciated.

Do you go to bed at 7:30? WTF? Are you 5 years old?

Regardless- wait at least an hour.

I usually do it in reverse. May work better for you. Have your 5th meal, wait two hours or whatever, take your ZMA, then an hour later eat your last meal.

Kubo

[quote]MikeKubo wrote:
I usually do it in reverse. May work better for you. Have your 5th meal, wait two hours or whatever, take your ZMA, then an hour later eat your last meal.

Kubo[/quote]

That’s a pretty good idea. I am going to try that. I think I am one of those people that have difficulty sleeping from ZMA, so his should help that too, thanks.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
Do you go to bed at 7:30? WTF? Are you 5 years old?

Regardless- wait at least an hour.[/quote]

lol. I typically get up at 4am. I have had sleep trouble for years and I have found this schedule works great for getting the most quality sleep. Actually I think it was Chad Waterbury who did this himself for awhile and loved it, and I think he wrote about it in his locker room awhile back. Plus, I basically have the weightroom to myself at 6 in the morning.

I was wrong. It was not Waterbury. It was Chris Shugart who did the 7pm bedtime and up at 4 am. I love it and hopefully can do it for the rest of my life.

[quote]Fullback33 wrote:
I was wrong. It was not Waterbury. It was Chris Shugart who did the 7pm bedtime and up at 4 am. I love it and hopefully can do it for the rest of my life.[/quote]

Wait till you have kids. That schedule will never work. Best of luck to you if you like it though.

45 minutes should be long enough. You can take ZMA and than have a calcium-rich meal 45 minutes later and go to sleep.