ZMA and Calcium?

SO I just got my bottle of ZMA and it reads dont take with food or supps containing calcium.I drink a protien shake in milk everyday before bed and I bought the ZMA for the deep sleep benefits.

So whats up.

take ZMA an hour before bed. Have ur shake right before bed.

Calcium in the stomach/gut tends to block or at least interfere with magnesium absorption when both minerals are present. Since ZMA is zinc, magnesium, and B6 its important that those minerals are absorbed for the full effects. Whey protein and milk are chock full of calcium, so it’s not in your best interest to consume them together.

Take ZMA on an empty stomach and then compare your results to when you take a protein shake and you’ll understand how it effects the potency.

[quote]elusive wrote:
take ZMA an hour before bed. Have ur shake right before bed.[/quote]

this is what I do

“Zog, you fool! Don’t you know not to eat that deer penis with those roots at the same time! The calcium in the roots interferes with absorption of zinc from the deer penis!”

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
“Zog, you fool! Don’t you know not to eat that deer penis with those roots at the same time! The calcium in the roots interferes with absorption of zinc from the deer penis!”[/quote]

scaring all the noobies with all this talk of deer penis Bill lol

It’s a quote from a friend on this subject, years back, that has stuck in my mind as putting the matter most succinctly and clearly.

Exactly where he got the concept of eating deer penis, I don’t know and don’t want to know, but that’s what it was.