Zidane... Last Game

http://zizouthebull.ytmnd.com/

[quote]alcafdok wrote:
http://zizouthebull.ytmnd.com/[/quote]

LOL, that was fast.

[quote]Kayrob wrote:
Its like Roger Clemens pitching in game 7 of the world series, game on the line, and its the last game of his career, and he gets pissed off and throws at someones head as a cheap shot.[/quote]

Who are you kidding, Clemens would throw at someone’s head anytime, he’ll do it in spring training. That said, I just don’t think that it is that great of a comparison but we all understand where you’re coming from.

[quote]mike08042 wrote:
I support it. I am fed up with Fifa all together. Reffing is garbage and to me penalty kicks is bullshit. You cant say Italy is a better team since they just won on penalty kicks. Figo did a headbutt and only got a yellow card, and than I see Wayne Rooney get a red card and get fined on top of it for accidently stepping on someone and giving a little light shove? I think this is outrageous. I call that huge favoritism, and total BS. I think there is too much crap in soccer. [/quote]

You can say italy were the better team because of penalties. Penalties are another part of the game which should be practised. Also france would not have scored in the actual match if they hadn’t got a penalty.

zidane… i was hoping this would be about final fantasy lol

[quote]G.O.A.T wrote:
Makingains wrote:
Yea i would like to hear and see the whole story. Instead of these idiots who have written him off. There have been 6 million dives during the World Cup

Exactly. Grosso took a dive against Australia in the last minute of the 2nd round. Those Italians sicken me and I think it says enough about the sport to see those bastards win.

Good to see that the most corrupt team won the most corrupt tournament in the world though.

It was a stupid thing for Zidane to do but anyone would have thought there was a sniper on the second level by the way he went down.

[/quote]

agreed. i have never seen a team bitch and moan from incidental contact the way italy does. EVERY single time there’s contact of ANY kind, they’re down on the ground wincing in pain and agony as if they’ve just had a limb amputated. i’m soooo glad that the weakest group of pussies won a sports event that encompasses the entire world. kudos for taking the dive and drawing the foul every time.

From Wikipedia.org:

His career ended on a sour note when he received a red card and was ejected after headbutting Italy’s Marco Materazzi in the chest in the 110th minute (view). He was the fourth person to have been sent off in a World Cup final and the first to be sent off during extra time. The game ended in a 1-1 draw and Italy won the championship after a penalty kick shootout. His team members later reported to French media that Zidane was reacting to a racial slur from Materazzi.

[quote]brads1111 wrote:
Yeah I played soccer for five years and it’s no big deal but I know a bit from having played. I’ve also done TKD for the last two. I have never seen so much flopping in my life. I’ve been hit quite hard in the throat, the head, the stomach and what have you and stayed on my feet. The things you see with some of these guys is just a shame to see.
[/quote]

Spot on. These guys are some of the most agile and well balanced athletes in the world. Yet they manage to hit the deck whenever there might appear to be some contact.

I love watching sport on the national podium, but this whole tournament was something else.

[quote]redsox348984 wrote:
zidane… i was hoping this would be about final fantasy lol[/quote]

FFIX was about 10x more amusing then the world cup. I had the tough choice of sleeping 7 hours and watching the final, or sleeping 10 and missing it. Damn those 10 hours felt good.

Italy was second only to Portugal in dives and bitching. The Azzuri only beat Australia because of a flop with about a minute left in the game that gave them a PK. And there was that elbow to McBride. I was sickened to see Italy win. I figured whatever was said must have been serious to get that much attention from Zidane. And that headbutt impressed me.

Though even if both sides made the first five PKs, Italy was first and would have won the sudden death PKs.

[quote]Phatshady912 wrote:
FFIX was about 10x more amusing then the world cup. I had the tough choice of sleeping 7 hours and watching the final, or sleeping 10 and missing it. Damn those 10 hours felt good.[/quote]

I felt the same about this match. Why wake up and watch a game that would put me to sleep in 5 minutes anyhow!

I turned on just as Zidane dropped the guy and started to worry that I had actually missed a worthwhile game!

What happened to the ‘love soccer’ thread? Has it turned into the ‘love diving’ thread?

For all those Zidane bashers… try to think of a time in your life when you unnecessarily lost your temper, against all rationality. It’s happened to us all… so who are you to wave your finger??? It still is unbelievable to me though…

Also this hasn’t been mentioned… if you watch the video of the headbutt on youtube, you’ll see that right before, Materazzi reaches from behind Zidane and twists his nipple… something even more immature. So lets add it up: 100 minutes of being bashed + a nipple twist + a racial slur = alot more than a headbutt for 99 percent of guys here. I’m not excusing it, but you have to view it from his perspective.

Just a bad, bad ending.

I think it was a fucking sweet headbutt.
Do you think he actually hit the italian so hard that he fell to the ground?
Or was that guy just being a pussy and jumping to the ground like everyone in pro soccer trying to get a call?

Good on him. He went out on his terms.

He would have botched the penalty kick anyway.

Heard that Materazzi gave Zidane some about being a peasant arab terrorist or some sht - zidanes parents are algerian immigrants. Not allowed to collect the medal if you’re sent off - happened to desailly in 98. But yeah what a wanker - 20 year professional means you switch off when people give you sht - still a freak of a player though…

For all those Zidane bashers… try to think of a time in your life when you unnecessarily lost your temper, against all rationality. It’s happened to us all… so who are you to wave your finger??? It still is unbelievable to me though…

Also this hasn’t been mentioned… if you watch the video of the headbutt on youtube, you’ll see that right before, Materazzi reaches from behind Zidane and twists his nipple… something even more immature. So lets add it up: 100 minutes of being bashed + a nipple twist + a racial slur = alot more than a headbutt for 99 percent of guys here. I’m not excusing it, but you have to view it from his perspective.

Just a bad, bad ending.

[quote]JKThreeEleven17 wrote:
I think it was a fucking sweet headbutt.
Do you think he actually hit the italian so hard that he fell to the ground?
Or was that guy just being a pussy and jumping to the ground like everyone in pro soccer trying to get a call?[/quote]

yeah it was pretty sweet! I still thnik it was irresponsible and he let his team down…
I was wondering the same thing, they all ham it up for the cameras…

[quote]brads1111 wrote:

Yeah I played soccer for five years and it’s no big deal but I know a bit from having played. I’ve also done TKD for the last two. I have never seen so much flopping in my life. I’ve been hit quite hard in the throat, the head, the stomach and what have you and stayed on my feet. The things you see with some of these guys is just a shame to see.

I love Zidane.

[/quote]

if you have played you should know the rules. the rules say “no contact allowed” (other than a few case).

so it is not matter of cheating.
and with 3 referee in field you “need” t o be seen to take advantage of the rules.

it is not rugby nor american footbal, neither hokey… it is soccer with its own rules…

other than that i’m sorry for the reaction of Zizoo… he is a champion and he choice the worst way to end his career…

[quote]holifila wrote:
Kayrob wrote:
Its like Roger Clemens pitching in game 7 of the world series, game on the line, and its the last game of his career, and he gets pissed off and throws at someones head as a cheap shot.

Who are you kidding, Clemens would throw at someone’s head anytime, he’ll do it in spring training. That said, I just don’t think that it is that great of a comparison but we all understand where you’re coming from.[/quote]

OK, you have a point there, even threw at his own sons head. Bad example, but you get the point. France needed him on the field and especially needed him when it went to PKs.