Zidane... Last Game

So what does everyone think about what Zidane did in his last game?

Personally, I now think hes a shithead and thats a shitty way to go out of your last game. Had he stayed in for the shootout, maybe they could have won.

was a ridiculous way to go out. I think there was more to it than we saw on camera but who knows. even if he was there france wouldnt win if their goalie couldnt stop a single kick

Agreed, I have zero respect for him and the way he went out.

It was stupid and could’ve swung the game otherwise if he didn’t.

[quote]vicktimised wrote:
was a ridiculous way to go out. I think there was more to it than we saw on camera but who knows. even if he was there france wouldnt win if their goalie couldnt stop a single kick[/quote]

True… but having zidane get red carded and leave the game probably had some sort of emotional effect on the team.

Who knows.

I wonder if he’ll share what was said to him?

what a total fuckin dumbass and a scumbag!!!

Seriously, theres no call for play like that any time, especially in a WC final and ESPECIALLY in your final ever game!!! I dont give a shite whether there was or wasnt more to it than the camera showed, it was bang out of order.

For fucks sake, he wasnt even at the podium to collect his medal. what a total loser.

Personally, I was neutral in the game…that is until zidane pulled that shit at which moment I immediatley became a raving italy fan…

fuck you Zidane…:slight_smile:

CD

I thought it was a pretty good headbutt!

:wink:

I think threads like this are silly. Is there going to be ANYBODY who would actually support Zidane’s headbutt?

I support it. I am fed up with Fifa all together. Reffing is garbage and to me penalty kicks is bullshit. You cant say Italy is a better team since they just won on penalty kicks. Figo did a headbutt and only got a yellow card, and than I see Wayne Rooney get a red card and get fined on top of it for accidently stepping on someone and giving a little light shove? I think this is outrageous. I call that huge favoritism, and total BS. I think there is too much crap in soccer.

I don’t actually support it, but it’s nothing to rave and rant about. Pretty common and there worse. And just look at what is done is hockey, football, basketball. Shaq’s recent elbow to the face was much nastier, IMO.

As for the win, I really could’ve gotten either way. Both team fought with all they had and gave it their 100%. But for what it’s worth, it give a little gold star to France to have gotten in the final in the first place. They didn’t have it easy and had to wrench victory every inch of the way. But that doesn’t diminish Italy’s victory and effort in any way and kudos to them.

[quote]CELTIC-DEVIL wrote:
For fucks sake, he wasnt even at the podium to collect his medal. what a total loser.
[/quote]

After a red card you’re supposed to leave field and you’re not allowed back, even at the end of the game.

Stupid move but the Italian player flopped. It looked like something from WWE.

I could not believe the elbows the French were throwing everytime they went up for a ball.

[quote]vicktimised wrote:
was a ridiculous way to go out. I think there was more to it than we saw on camera but who knows. even if he was there france wouldnt win if their goalie couldnt stop a single kick[/quote]

Neither goalie stopped a penalty kick. The only penalty kick that didn’t go in hit the crossbar.

I enjoyed the penalty kicks more than the game itself. Talk about pressure.

Yea i would like to hear and see the whole story. Instead of these idiots who have written him off. There have been 6 million dives during the World Cup including the one after the headbutt. I also take it that you guys have absolutely zero respect for Chris Paul and Jason Terry of the NBA who punch players.

A punch to the nuts is worse in my opinion. I have no respect for the shitheads who see one replay on TV and form an opinion off of it.

Its like Roger Clemens pitching in game 7 of the world series, game on the line, and its the last game of his career, and he gets pissed off and throws at someones head as a cheap shot.

[quote]silencer wrote:
I thought it was a pretty good headbutt!

;)[/quote]

It was that. If you’re going to do something, do it right!

Roid rage?
Cocaine?
Stupidity?

His last game of an excellent career, and he chose to go out like that???

Did anyone notice if the Italian guy did anything particular to piss him off???

NOTE: Zidane has had a history of doing dirty fouls like this…

[quote]Makingains wrote:
Yea i would like to hear and see the whole story. Instead of these idiots who have written him off. There have been 6 million dives during the World Cup [/quote]

Exactly. Grosso took a dive against Australia in the last minute of the 2nd round. Those Italians sicken me and I think it says enough about the sport to see those bastards win.

Good to see that the most corrupt team won the most corrupt tournament in the world though.

It was a stupid thing for Zidane to do but anyone would have thought there was a sniper on the second level by the way he went down.

[quote]Zen warrior wrote:
Shaq’s recent elbow to the face was much nastier, IMO.

[/quote]

No way, Zidane’s was way worse. Shaq’s elbow was more of a push than a hit.

[quote]josh_8_88 wrote:
Zen warrior wrote:
Shaq’s recent elbow to the face was much nastier, IMO.

No way, Zidane’s was way worse. Shaq’s elbow was more of a push than a hit.[/quote]

No, I meant Shaq getting elbowed in the face by a player (don’t remember who) He went all the way out the field to crash into the chairs. THAt one was nasty.