ZeusNathanZ Starts a Log

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
No shit…

So this is what is happening when these lighter guys are claim massive deadlifts.[/quote]

ah jeez, although i don’t think 415lbs is too crazy, ill take it as a compliment. and about my form, from a 1 - 10 id give it a solid 3… and that’s only because i got it off the floor and if it was competition, it’d be good.
my back was rounded, shoulders way past the bar, and my hips came up a little pre maturely. quite frankly ive never had a deadlift PR with immaculate form though. come to think of it, i rarely see immaculate form when the pro’s go for PR’s.
just want to let you guys know that i do deadlift in proper form when im working out. that vid was just of my PR. also, yesterday was the first time in a month and a half that i did deads.
and lastly, i posted that video solely for credibility. im not trying to impress anyone, but rather give you guys the ‘comfort’ of knowing that im not just throwing numbers up there. i promise ill try to fix the form for my next PR attempt.

THURSDAY

resting today.
got upper body tomorrow which i plan on focusing on shoulders and traps. ill prob do one horizontal push and 2 - 3 sagital/frontal push movements. along with 3 back exercises. thinking maybe yates/bent over rows with barbell.

for physical activity today, ill do 15 - 20 minutes of stretching and relaxing my mind with some JAck Johnson therapy. ill need it after my statistics exam today.

[quote]Sayjin wrote:
Nice Deadlift, man. I’ll be catching up to you soon enough though - this is an arms race, and you’re Soviet Russia! [/quote]

thanks man, i appreciate it.
and uh, you can try :wink:

[quote]ZeusNathan wrote:
and about my form, from a 1 - 10 id give it a solid 3… and that’s only because i got it off the floor and if it was competition, it’d be good.
[/quote]

It was hitched and it wouldnt be good in competition. Have you ever competed?

really? ive never been in competetion no.
what does it mean to be hitched?

[quote]ZeusNathan wrote:
really? ive never been in competetion no.
what does it mean to be hitched?[/quote]

At the point just before lockout, instead of locking the weight out, you squatted forward a little bit and then leaned back. That gives you a different leverage and is not allowed in competition.

More hitching:

I think that’s what head cheese is made from.

Traditional head cheese is brains and trimmings and tongue.

Boars Head brand (found in some grocery stores) is pig tongues and peppers. I worked in the deli, if you look close you can see the striations and such on the tongues.

as long as u guys keep it clean, like potted meat, its all kosher in here.

REST DAY

feeling sore all over. chest is still sore from tuesday. back is fine. legs are sore but it feels good. its the ahhh the deep burn turned into a spicy soreness. not the, omg i gotta shit… how am i gonna sit on the toilet soreness.
chillin back listening to some music right now.
if you guys have a chance check out jack johnsons new album. definitely good music you can ease your mind into.

speaking of music, here’s my playlist or recommendations for gym music. this shit’ll FUCK u up like percocet.

1. the warriors - transistor
  2. godforbid - end of the world, force fed, anti-hero
  3. unearth - endless
  4. throwdown - any song you put on will be disgustingly heavy
  5. converge - same as throwdown
  6. hatebreed - proven, perseverance, unloved

WARNING
heavy ass music.

FRIDAY - UPPER BODY

morning workout

standing military press
135lbs 10 x 3

single arm bent over rows
70lbs 6 x 6
70lbs 2 x 12
80lbs 1 x 12

think i strained the right side of my neck just a bit from the military presses. i was doing a couple of them in cluster sets but its too hectic to write it all out. for the rows i added 3 extra reps after each set for each arm.

evening workout will come later

hmmm 2 exercises for a workout, i wonder if anyone else does that

FRIDAY - UPPER BODY

evening workout

dumbbell bench press
80lbs 1 x 15
my chest is still sore from tuesday. i might have to up the protein intake.

lat pulldown
140lbs 1 x 12
180lbs 1 x 8
200lbs 1 x 8
220lbs 1 x 8
240lbs 1 x 6

dips
4 x 15

bench press
185lbs 1 x 8

straight bar preacher curls (single arm)
30lbs 4 x 8

tricep extensions
80lbs 4 x 8

actually worked some bi’s and tri’s today.
only grudge i had with this workout was that i felt weak on the bench press. perhaps its because i dont work chest enough. it could also be that im still pretty sore from tuesday.

You’re a STRONG motherfucker. But be careful with going heavy on the deadlifts. YOu know your form was atrocious nd while that doesn;t take away from your strength, what is it all worth if you injure your lower back and are out of the gym for months?

if you read what i wrote on the first page, i do practice safe sex, i mean safe techniques when im working out.
and i know what you mean. ive been sick the whole month of march :\ i was dyinnnnng to hit the iron. i cant imagine being out for months…

becareful with thoses deads! ;D

taken today

please excuse my ginormous gut. unfortunately i haven’t done an ab routine in years. that’ll come in may when im putting the finishing touches to my summer masterpiece… hah

ill try to get my girlfriend to get my back shot when i get the chance.

[quote]ZeusNathan wrote:
bj penn eats spam and pineapples, so spam once a month shouldn’t kill me.
[/quote]
I like BJ as a fighter, but his diet is one of the last things I’d copy.