T Nation

ZeusNathanz Beginner Routine

anonymous
05/18/08
03:53 PM

Hello I was wondering wat routine you would recomend for a beginner?

well anonymous, im glad you asked. firstly i want to say that i believe trying to train someone over the internet is quite difficult, perhaps ineffective. It’s ineffective from my perspective because i cant see the form when you’re performing the exercises. and ill never know for sure that you are following the regimen. however, ill assume just for this post that you know how to correctly perform all the exercises, and that you’ll follow it accordingly.

that was me talking like a smart ass. i really didnt intend to do that but it just happened. im gonna leave it. anywayz, without further ado…

there’s a bunch of beginner programs that some of you have been using. have you been seeing results from it? if you do, stick with it. but if you’ve got an open mind and you’re willing to try something out of the blue, give this a try.

i call this one

‘sexy mama’

MONDAY

deadlift
6 x 6

DB bench press
4 x 8

pull ups/pulldowns
3 x 15

i find that going to hard on mondays burn you out for the rest of the week. so rather than being gung ho and wiping out on the first day, we got ourselves here a very simple yet effective day. what can make this day even shorter, or a lot harder, would be to do all three in a circuit. but the numbers are different? perform the exercise keeping the number of reps, but when the sets run out, just exclude them from the circuit. your last two grueling sets should be deadlifts. no rest in between if performing circuit.

TUESDAY

seated rows super set with pull downs
4 x 8

leg press
6 x 6

push ups super set with jump squats
15 push ups to 10 jump squats

and yet another simple day. i want to note that the seated rows to pulldowns should be extra heavy. do one more plate than you think you can handle. i find that pushing the pulls to the limit really triggers a positive response. the leg press is the main exercise for today so have a field day with that. do 40 - 50 total reps if you’re feeling good. and god bless you on the last set of exercises.

WEDNESDAY

jog for 20 - 30 mins

OR rest

i think you should find a nice steep hill and jog up

THURSDAY

face pulls
2 x 15

bench press super set with upright rows
3 x 12

bent over rows (barbell)
6 x 6

sprints

face pulls warm up the SITS very well. so make sure you do these and do them nice and steady.
you can sub db’s for the bench on this day. once you finish stand up and immediately go for the upright rows
sprint uphill.
or find a spin bike… steady pace for 45 seconds, all out for 10 - 20 seconds. make sure you crank that notch when you blast it.

FRIDAY

jog 20 - 30 mins

OR rest

hopefully you live next to a mountain. go to the mountain and jog up.

SATURDAY

hang cleans
5 x 5

over head squats
6 x 3

single arm preacher curls with barbell or straight bar
4 x 8

tricep extensions with rope
5 x 12

easy day. do the overheads extra slow.
you dont need to work arms but you probably like to. you can whip out your mens health poster today and do their arm routine. cmon, i know you’ve been DYING to try it.

SUNDAY

repeat saturday

NOTE!!!
this program is not intended solely for hypertrophy.
rather i believe this one to two week program that will properly introduce various intensities and movements to prep your body for the ‘real’ workout down the road.

If you decide to try it out, please keep me posted, I want to know what you guys think.

for beginner nutrition advice, check out http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=487126

I really appreciate you responding to my PM. I’ll try this one out next monday.

What about a sexy mofo workout. I don’t think I can do a sexy mama workout and still look myself in the mirror. Please help.

leg pressing the day after deadlifting? I’m goign to have to say that’s pretty ridiculous. and doing the saturday workout twice in a row? come on.

Hey, it’s better than the other routine I was doing, which had me squatting three times a week with low reps.

[quote]Otep wrote:
Hey, it’s better than the other routine I was doing, which had me squatting three times a week with low reps.[/quote]

Bill Starr’s 5x5?

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
leg pressing the day after deadlifting? I’m goign to have to say that’s pretty ridiculous. and doing the saturday workout twice in a row? come on.[/quote]

and im gonna have to say that you are weak and you pretty much have no knowledge about training

for example, check out your log

[quote]ZeusNathan wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
leg pressing the day after deadlifting? I’m goign to have to say that’s pretty ridiculous. and doing the saturday workout twice in a row? come on.

and im gonna have to say that you are weak and you pretty much have no knowledge about training

for example, check out your log[/quote]

Which is big talk from a guy that weighs 155 lbs.

C’mon guys, this is the beginner’s forum. Few of us have a level of unapproachable strength. Leave the dick-waving at home.

[quote]son of liars wrote:
Otep wrote:
Hey, it’s better than the other routine I was doing, which had me squatting three times a week with low reps.

Bill Starr’s 5x5?[/quote]

I was going for Starting Strength, but I guess that would work too.

For the record, I wasn’t actually the one who asked for the program. I just wasn’t sure why ZeusNathan made this thread, and figured I’d mock him while I had the chance. Just some good-natured joshing.

Oh, and I’m not actually squatting 3x a week. Because that’s crazy. Who would do that?

[quote]Otep wrote:
Oh, and I’m not actually squatting 3x a week. Because that’s crazy. Who would do that?[/quote]

Well if you do squat that much, I wouldn’t expect any kind of results. I give you a couple days before overtraining.

[quote]ZeusNathan wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:

What otep said. You should be strong yourself before you shit on someones numbers.

You having more experience (although not enough to warrant you training people). Doesn’t mean you’re program doesn’t suck. You did this to start this whole you vs. rippetoes thing again. You lost the first time. I don’t think you’ve accomplished enough to write randomass programs like you’re an authority on training. Deal.

WTF? What? Your saying that program that im on right now Mark Reppotoes’ “STarting Strenght” is useless? I’m squating 3x a week. And you were the one who recomended it Otep.

[quote]Damner wrote:
WTF? What? Your saying that program that im on right now Mark Reppotoes’ “STarting Strenght” is useless? I’m squating 3x a week. And you were the one who recomended it Otep.[/quote]

he was being sarcastic.

[quote]Otep wrote:
son of liars wrote:
Otep wrote:
Oh, and I’m not actually squatting 3x a week. Because that’s crazy. Who would do that?[/quote]

<--------this crazy mofo
I was squatting every day but now that I found that my legs are dead for days after squating because of the weight I squat now,I squat on fridays and then I am off sat and sunday and back to shoulders on monday.

legs hurt all the way through Weds sometimes

ZeusNathan wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:

What otep said. You should be strong yourself before you shit on someones numbers.

You having more experience (although not enough to warrant you training people). Doesn’t mean you’re program doesn’t suck. You did this to start this whole you vs. rippetoes thing again. You lost the first time. I don’t think you’ve accomplished enough to write randomass programs like you’re an authority on training. Deal.[/quote]

i dont think i mentioned rippetoe as my nemesis on this thread. as a fact, i condone rippetoe’s program for beginners, even intermediates.

but really kid, if you hate my logic that much, stop stalking my threads and insulting everything that i say. you’re like a fucking leech.

[quote]ZeusNathan wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
ZeusNathan wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:

You having more experience (although not enough to warrant you training people). Doesn’t mean you’re program doesn’t suck. You did this to start this whole you vs. rippetoes thing again. You lost the first time. I don’t think you’ve accomplished enough to write randomass programs like you’re an authority on training. Deal.

i dont think i mentioned rippetoe as my nemesis on this thread. as a fact, i condone rippetoe’s program for beginners, even intermediates.

but really kid, if you hate my logic that much, stop stalking my threads and insulting everything that i say. you’re like a fucking leech.
[/quote]

I stuck up for you, until you decided to argue with stronghold about ripps. I’m a leach because you write terrible programs like you’re an authority. Please, for the love of god, STOP. No one gives a shit if you “condone” ripps program. Is stalking your threads the same calling you out for being stupid? I don’t think so. No one, especially me is going to stroke your cock for writing out this out. Not only is it bad, You come off like you think you’re good enough to train and write programs for people. Listen pal, I’m nothing special. But you’re a grand total of 155 pounds iirc. I don’t care how ripped you think you are but you haven’t accomplished much at all. People who become “trainers” should at least be above the intermediate stage. Too bad your profession doesn’t have any real requirements. I feel bad for your clients.

[quote]ZeusNathan wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:

5"6 155, FAIL

By the way, that program is absolute shit, you should feel bad for making a program that shitty.

You should drown your self in the toilet, lest you waste some poor bastards time and money by becoming his “personal trainer”

ZeusNathan wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
ZeusNathan wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:

I stuck up for you, until you decided to argue with stronghold about ripps. I’m a leach because you write terrible programs like you’re an authority. Please, for the love of god, STOP. No one gives a shit if you “condone” ripps program. Is stalking your threads the same calling you out for being stupid? I don’t think so. No one, especially me is going to stroke your cock for writing out this out. Not only is it bad, You come off like you think you’re good enough to train and write programs for people. Listen pal, I’m nothing special. But you’re a grand total of 155 pounds iirc. I don’t care how ripped you think you are but you haven’t accomplished much at all. People who become “trainers” should at least be above the intermediate stage. Too bad your profession doesn’t have any real requirements. I feel bad for your clients.[/quote]

Its cool zep, anyone with a brain knows this guy is a dumbass.

Either way, this post should make him want to cut his wrists because its so true that its actually funny.

OP, toilet bowl, face, inhale, die.

[quote]Mega Newb wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
ZeusNathan wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
ZeusNathan wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:

I stuck up for you, until you decided to argue with stronghold about ripps. I’m a leach because you write terrible programs like you’re an authority. Please, for the love of god, STOP. No one gives a shit if you “condone” ripps program. Is stalking your threads the same calling you out for being stupid? I don’t think so. No one, especially me is going to stroke your cock for writing out this out. Not only is it bad, You come off like you think you’re good enough to train and write programs for people. Listen pal, I’m nothing special. But you’re a grand total of 155 pounds iirc. I don’t care how ripped you think you are but you haven’t accomplished much at all. People who become “trainers” should at least be above the intermediate stage. Too bad your profession doesn’t have any real requirements. I feel bad for your clients.

Either way, this post should make him want to cut his wrists because its so true that its actually funny.

[/quote]

I feel pretty dumb calling people out when I’m nothing special, but I couldn’t help myself. I wouldn’t want people to take this thing seriously.

Mega Newb wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
ZeusNathan wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
ZeusNathan wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:

I feel pretty dumb calling people out when I’m nothing special, but I couldn’t help myself. I wouldn’t want people to take this thing seriously.[/quote]

lol, first off compared to dipshit up there you are coach Poliquin on steroids. If you see bullshit, call it. Especially when its a 155lb guy saying the bullshit.