Zero Carb Diet. Does it Work?

As Deuce pointed out. You were in a strict caloric deficit. I’ve done keto at maintenance and I didn’t feel the effects of being in keto for fat loss.

I don’t think this is true. I think our bodies and brain are trained to run on carbs, as that is what is available and how food is prepared.

Agreed, this was my point for the Gironda diet. Also, this isn’t keto tho. Keto includes veggies.

I think you might be mixing GIronda and Keto into one sentence.

I have re-feeds like anyone else doing a diet. Mine are usually centered around losing weight too fast or holidays, special occasions.

I agree with the bolded. Healthy, I think the jury is still out. As far as sustainable, that’s why I have never recommended anyone do keto, unless they asked specifically. I know it isn’t sustainable for most. The reason it isn’t sustainable, I think, is because it’s not easily accessible and requires lots of planning. In addition, there is a marginal perceived benefit for the added planning.

My personal anecdote here is that a deficit in keto is more noticeable than a deficit eating traditionally.

1 Like
1 Like

What do you consider low carb? I guarantee that with the amount of protein powder, veggies, fruit, and the gallon of milk he is close to or over 300g of carbs. He also mentions junk food “cookies” .

He should state he rarely eats starches.

Well it depends on when you are talking about. Going into a competition there is no milk or fruit or junk and presumably he still preforms. But even otherwise, carbs even if they get into the 2-300 gram range are probably a pretty low percentage of his caloric intake. Even at 300 grams he might be below 25 or 30%.

Awesome link.

If your goal is gaining muscle…eat some damn carbs. Yes, the ketogenic diet is very helpful when it comes to weight loss. As others have already stated, it’s just not very sustainable in the long run. At least that’s my experience with keto…and also my extremely biased opinion because I fucking love to eat carbs

1 Like