ZEB: How Bout A Pic?

Since ZEB brings up his skill at high rep pull-ups in every post, I’d like to see what they do for the body. How about a pic, ZEB?

Or if one has been posted, please point me in the right direction.

I’ll second that

[quote]Dave2 wrote:
Since ZEB brings up his skill at high rep pull-ups in every post, I’d like to see what they do for the body. How about a pic, ZEB?

Or if one has been posted, please point me in the right direction. [/quote]

Dave:

Actually, I have posted almost 3000 times on this great site. I would hazard a guess, far less than 1% of them were about Chin-ups.

Do you have a problem with that? If so what is it?

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Actually, I have posted almost 3000 times on this great site. I would hazard a guess, far less than 1% of them were about Chin-ups.
Do you have a problem with that? If so what is it?
[/quote]

Yes, my problem is that you are bad at math and dodging the question.

No no, he’s very good at dodging the question… :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]vroom wrote:
No no, he’s very good at dodging the question… :p[/quote]

I give the attempt a 5 out of a possible 10.

I met Zeb briefly in Dallas when Waterbury was in town doing a short seminar for a handful of us. His build is solid, dense, muscular and lean. Zeb doesn’t know me fom Adam, but I thought I would offer a first hand sighting. He seemed like a good guy - focused, interested and helpful. I would say whatever he is doing is working.

[quote]ironic wrote:
I met Zeb briefly in Dallas when Waterbury was in town doing a short seminar for a handful of us. His build is solid, dense, muscular and lean. Zeb doesn’t know me fom Adam, but I thought I would offer a first hand sighting. He seemed like a good guy - focused, interested and helpful. I would say whatever he is doing is working.[/quote]

Actually, might be mistaken but I think that that was Zev and not Zeb.

Dave:

Dave stated: “Since Zeb brings up his skill at high rep Pull-ups in every post…My problem is that you are bad at math…”

Seems that you are the one who is poor at math. I think I’m much closer to 1% of all posts (that would be about 300 chin posts) than your statement of “every post.” Do you want to stand behind that ludicrous statement? I would like to know post back.

As to your question:

I stated in my original “Zeb on Chin-ups” post “there is nothing that really stands out about my physique…” In other words, I’m built better than some and not as good as others.

It would seem fitting that you would challenge me to place my photo on this forum if I had been bragging about my superior physique. Where have I done this Dave?

I think what is more important to the argument is that you somehow equate someones photo to there training information. Especially in light of the fact that I have rarely (if ever, can’t remember exactly) given any sort of “body building” advice. I never claimed to look like Mr. Olympia (who wants to is another argument). Is it okay in your eyes for people to train more for function and less for appearence? Both are fine, just want to know based upon your request.

Are you claiming that if I, or whomever, looks good (in your eyes) then any training information (regardless of what that information revolves around) that is posted is good? Does that mean that every memeber of T-Nation must henceforth first place their photo on the forum prior to giving advice? Let me know Dave, I am curious as to your thinking behind this.

Do you train to just look good? Nothing wrong with that, many people do. I don’t. Do you believe in having a functional body as well? What do you think Dave?

Sorry Dave, no photo forthcoming. Hope you don’t lose any sleep over it…:slight_smile:

[quote]vroom wrote:
No no, he’s very good at dodging the question… :p[/quote]

Still at it huh vroom? Okay…

Hey Zeb, as someone who actually likes your posts and agrees with you about the greatness of chinups, I still feel duty bound to point out that 1% of 3,000 is 30, not 300.

sorry guys, i have to do this. 1% of 3000 is 30. not trying to enter the argument, just a simple math correction (i think ZEB’s chin-up posts are still in this range though, from what i have seen).

Wow…my math sure does “suck.” Thanks for the correction guys. Oh…and thanks for the vote of confidence as well.

Zeb: Dave just wants some “spanking” material, what’s the harm in that? :wink:

ZEB, it’s a running joke on this forum that you bring up chinning every chance you get, even if you have to hijack a thread to do it. Everyone makes fun of you for it. Don’t nitpick the numbers. You just look like a child when you do it.

And while you think it makes you look like you won the argument, most people think you look like an idiot for doing it and don’t even bother trying to discuss things with you.

So no pic, huh? Because it’s all about peformance? Okay, please post a link to a video of you performing these wonderful high rep chin-ups.

Ok cant we agree that there is more than one method that you can use to acheive a goal? So don’t worry what ZEB, or anyone looks like, and get in the gym and do something to improve your life. And just for the record if I could 40 chins I would tell everyone.
will42

Dave:

Do I detect a faint hint (just a tad mind you) of hatred in this post? Ouch… Dave…please stop it hurts so much :slight_smile:

“Everyone makes fun of you for it?” You mean every single member of T-Nation makes fun of me? :frowning: Oh my…Dog gone it Dave…from here on in I am changing my ways! No more Chin-up posts. In fact, no more posts of any kind trying to help anyone regarding any matter (are we pals now? I sure hope so because your opinion is obviously important to me).

From now on I’ll just sit back and demand photos and film and carry on like a “snotty child.” Oops…can’t do that you are already busy in that department…hmm… what to do?..:slight_smile:

You have now transcended asking for a mere photo and want a video? Do you want one where you can use the pause action? Hmm… maybe lizard king has a point. “spanking material.” LOL

Hey Dave relax…breath in, breath out. And keep telling yourself, “it’s only a forum, it’s only a forum.”

Feel better?

Dave2,

As a t-magger for several years and avid forum reader, and occasional poster let me tell you this:  You cannot speak for EVERYONE.  I do not make fun of Zeb, nor do I believe the majority of his posts are about chins.  Why don't you pull-up all his posts and prove yourself wrong so that we don't have to waste our time doing it for you.  Also, Zeb's argument was well thought out, and your reply made you sound stupid (in my opinion, as I wouldn't dare speak for EVERYONE like you did).
 Ask yourself how many of zeb's posts have been helpful and how many of yours have been helpful.

Laslty, there was a poster on here whose name I cannot remember who brought up “Do you Deadlift?” way more than Zeb brings up chins, and not EVERYONE made fun of that person either. My suggestion is to let zeb worry about zeb and dave2 worry about dave2. If the number of posts on chins bothers you, than sack-up and just not read them.

I also think Zeb is far less deserving of a topic all to himself than the recent poster who mentioned the Nautilus Pullover machine in about fourteen different threads in the space of three days.

Are chin-ups pull-ups with your hands facing you instead of away? Because if that is the case 40 chin-ups isn’t really that difficult. I don’t know how many ZEB claims he can do but this is just what I picked up from this post. I am curious though, after reading everyone’s comments, how many pullups (or chin-ups) does he claim he can do?