Z-12 for Extreme Anxiety Problems?

just curious. i have developed some severely bad anxiety issues that as of very recently have just gone uncontrollably bad. i’m twitching off the hook in my face, and my HR is constantly sky high. i simply can’t control it anymore. i feel i need to see a doctor immediately, but was curious if this might calm my nerves some?

do you take lots of fish oil ? that improves my focus and mood

MAGNESIUM and fish oil, i used to have major issues with anxiety

and before you get to the reason why you really have anxiety (most likely not enough of a mineral or vitamin or both) dont start throwing supplements in. eat healthy; tons of veggies and some fruit.

ZMA and htp will help. It did with me, but you need to get your issues fixed too.

i take over 3g epa/dha fish oil per day, i take 1 serving Superfood per day and also have blueberries, strawberries, spinach, and broccoli on top of that daily too. combine that with eating healthy, and i don’t see the nutrition as a problem. there are many things that cause my problem, and when you add that to the fact that it’s become a habit now, it makes it all the worse.

You need to seek the help of a medical professional from that small paragraph of information. If you are genuinely having anxiety with a rapid heart rate that is not going away you may be having cardiac problems. this needs to be evaluated by a doctor… Fish oil and broccoli aint gonna do the trick.

[quote]lifter85 wrote:
just curious. i have developed some severely bad anxiety issues that as of very recently have just gone uncontrollably bad. i’m twitching off the hook in my face, and my HR is constantly sky high. i simply can’t control it anymore. i feel i need to see a doctor immediately, but was curious if this might calm my nerves some?[/quote]

It may calm your nerves. But, I agree with Lonny. If your HR is racing and your face is twitching you should seek medical help.

[quote]dg401 wrote:

It may calm your nerves. But, I agree with Lonny. If your HR is racing and your face is twitching you should seek medical help. [/quote]

I’m picturing Tweak from South Park :wink: But yeah man, see a doctor.

See a doctor. If he tries to put you on something, then give supplements a try. In my own experience, Z-12 has been great in place of anti-depressants to manage anxiety.

Like I say to everyone with anxiety - get on benzos asap, and then start working on a long term solution.

Very high dose Z-12 would be effective, but you would probably go through a whole bottle in less than a week, and tolerance would build fast.

If you are having problems that are interfering with everyday life, Z-12 probably won’t do anything.

Prescription drugs are probably going to be the only solution (if it’s actually as bad as you say)

[quote]dg401 wrote:
lifter85 wrote:
just curious. i have developed some severely bad anxiety issues that as of very recently have just gone uncontrollably bad. i’m twitching off the hook in my face, and my HR is constantly sky high. i simply can’t control it anymore. i feel i need to see a doctor immediately, but was curious if this might calm my nerves some?

It may calm your nerves. But, I agree with Lonny. If your HR is racing and your face is twitching you should seek medical help. [/quote]

huhhh?! whats that about face twitching? i usually experience twitching around the eyes…is that normal?

my gf had a trouble with HR racing and irritability - turns out her thyroid was working over time.

See a doc, please

[quote]nikinine wrote:
my gf had a trouble with HR racing and irritability - turns out her thyroid was working over time.

See a doc, please[/quote]

How do I know my thyroid is working over time? Are there other symptoms? I did use fat burners rather heavily last year…so I’m wondering if that poses any kind of future health risks.

[quote]Sepulnation wrote:
nikinine wrote:

See a doc, please

How do I know my thyroid is working over time? Are there other symptoms? I did use fat burners rather heavily last year…so I’m wondering if that poses any kind of future health risks.
[/quote]

While there are symptoms of an over active thyroid (feeling hot all the time, losing weight even when eating normally, hair problems, heart problems…) the main way to find out is get your thyroid hormone levels checks by your doctor. She/He will draw some blood and have it analyzed for results, simple as that.

[quote]Sepulnation wrote:
i usually experience twitching around the eyes…is that normal?
[/quote]

that’s usually from lack of sleep

Definately go see a doc…I used to be a cronic insomniac (before taking Z-12 & ZMA) and I never experienced twitching around my eyes…could be something far more serious

[quote]ProgMtl wrote:
Definately go see a doc…I used to be a cronic insomniac (before taking Z-12 & ZMA) and I never experienced twitching around my eyes…could be something far more serious[/quote]

If I’m not mistaken, the human body has certain key points where muscles twitch involuntarily. From what I know, they’re in the thighs, the triceps, around the eyes…and probably other places too. By the way the eye twitching is experienced randomely and is not physically noticeable, I only feel it twitching slightly.