Z-12 Before Public Speaking?

I recently ordered to help with sleep some nights.

I don’t have time to experiment much, but was curious about using it before a public speaking engagement.

It says you can take it whenever you need a calming effect. And I tend to get nervous when speaking in front of large crowds. Just curious if anyone has tried this before in a similar situation.

Gave it to my mom at her father’s funeral. She has occasional anxiety issues, and has a script for it. but when she Z12, she was amazed that even though it was quite an emotional she didn’t feel the need to take her prescription anxiety meds. All I know is it worked for that situation, so likely they would help for any other situation that causes an intense emotional response. She wanted to know what the hell I gave her, so apparently it worked pretty well. In comparison, she was a wreck at her mom’s funeral.

i have taken one zma tablet the last two times i spoke in public and noticed a difference. placebo or not, zma would be a cheaper alternative. i, however, was just looking to relax a bit so i don’t sweat in front of everyone.

4-Amino-3-phenylbutyric acid (phenibut) has anxiety-reducing as well as nootropic properties.

Theanine also can reduce anxiety.

Both are included in Z-12.

Every year I am the host of our school’s graduation ceremony. There are hundreds of parents and it’s even recorded.
I take this famous supplement to calm down and relax.

Even Arnold used it! Schwarzenegger's secret - YouTube

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
4-Amino-3-phenylbutyric acid (phenibut) has anxiety-reducing as well as nootropic properties.

Both are included in Z-12.[/quote]

thanks Bill. I just want to make sure I’m not gonna want to doze off, or be so relaxed that I can’t think clearly lol.

Hope to be able to try it for a few nights prior starting with 1-cap

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
I recently ordered to help with sleep some nights.

I don’t have time to experiment much, but was curious about using it before a public speaking engagement.

It says you can take it whenever you need a calming effect. And I tend to get nervous when speaking in front of large crowds. Just curious if anyone has tried this before in a similar situation.[/quote]

I haven’t used it that way but that’s a damn good idea. That stuff wipes my mind clean without reducing my ability to think (unlike Jim Beam).

If you ever use it for public speaking let us know how it worked.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:

Both are included in Z-12.[/quote]

thanks Bill. I just want to make sure I’m not gonna want to doze off, or be so relaxed that I can’t think clearly lol.

Hope to be able to try it for a few nights prior starting with 1-cap[/quote]

Z-12 differs from many other sleep aids in that it does not actually cause drowsiness. But it allows it to be much easier to fall asleep from any natural drowsiness, and to be better able to stay asleep.

(Generally problems in falling asleep aren’t from having simply no drowsiness, so it is not necessary in most cases for a sleep aid to itself cause drowsiness, though of course it’s a common mechanism for many products.)

Unless you were drowsy in the first place, I wouldn’t expect you’d find Z-12 to have any sleep-promoting tendency when using it to aid public speaking.

Update:

1st night 2 pills: Didn’t notice much calming effect, but woke up more refreshed

2nd night 3 pills: Noticed some calming effect, again woke up refreshed and seemed to notice less anxiety (not that I suffer from it). For example, normally driving into crowded areas can give me some anxiety and I hate it. Had to drop the wife off at the airport at noon. Didn’t seem to bother me this time, not sure if it was Z-12 related or not

3rd night 4 pills: Big calming effect, at times almost felt drug like. Woke up refreshed again.

I probably won’t do 4 pills again unless under a lot of stress and need it at night. Will stick to the 2-3 pills.

I don’t plan on taking it every night, but would there be any problem in doing so? I notice it says do not take more than once per day as the body will adjust to it. Is there any adjusting to taking it every night?

I don’t believe there’s any problem with taking it every night – I do.

Update:

1st night 2 pills: Didn’t notice much calming effect, but woke up more refreshed

2nd night 3 pills: Noticed some calming effect, again woke up refreshed and seemed to notice less anxiety (not that I suffer from it). For example, normally driving into crowded areas can give me some anxiety and I hate it. Had to drop the wife off at the airport at noon. Didn’t seem to bother me this time, not sure if it was Z-12 related or not

3rd night 4 pills: Big calming effect, at times almost felt drug like. Woke up refreshed again.

I probably won’t do 4 pills again unless under a lot of stress and need it at night. Will stick to the 2-3 pills.

I don’t plan on taking it every night, but would there be any problem in doing so? I notice it says do not take more than once per day as the body will adjust to it. Is there any adjusting to taking it every night?[/quote]

I personally find i adjust VERY quickly to everything, HOT-ROX for example does nothing for me after around 3 days in terms of “stimulant effect”,

I try to limit 4 pills to when i know i have to be up early or know i will have trouble sleeping for that reason.

I cant provide the science stuff though but thats my personal experiance.

I recently began taking ZMA + 3 Z-12 capsules. So far I’ve had two of the best nights sleep in a while…great combo.

[quote]Davinci.v2 wrote:
I recently began taking ZMA + 3 Z-12 capsules. So far I’ve had two of the best nights sleep in a while…great combo.[/quote]

thought I read somewhere that taking both at the same time is not recommended due to interactions?

[quote]Davinci.v2 wrote:
I recently began taking ZMA + 3 Z-12 capsules. So far I’ve had two of the best nights sleep in a while…great combo.[/quote]

thought I read somewhere that taking both at the same time is not recommended due to interactions?[/quote]

Oh shit. I hope Bill is still checking on this thread and can hopefully chime in on that. Do you remember anything more specific?

This was all I could find.

[quote]Davinci.v2 wrote:

thought I read somewhere that taking both at the same time is not recommended due to interactions?[/quote]

This is not true.

There are no contraindications to using Z-12 and ZMA concurrently.

I see Mod Brian has replied, but it’s not showing on the thread page.

It had to do with reducing effectiveness IIRC and not health issues

I’ve heard that vitamin B6 can stop the conversion of 5-HTP to serotonin in the blood. I believe it was on Berardi’s site.

[quote]GusBus07 wrote:
I’ve heard that vitamin B6 can stop the conversion of 5-HTP to serotonin in the blood. I believe it was on Berardi’s site.[/quote]

that and possibly Bowden

Ty for this thread. I need to dig a little deeper into this b/c I’m currently taking speech 101. I normally pop a Spike tab and my mental clarity is ready to roll.