Yummy Shake Ideas

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
I make my protein shakes with unsweetened almond milk and a little bit of heavy cream in them. Makes a huge difference as opposed to making a shake with water.[/quote]
Heavy cream makes a huge difference in texture and taste. When I went to Hershey, PA a few years ago, we were trying to figure out why the chocolate milk was so extra-amazing there. Pretty sure it was mostly heavy cream with a splash of milk. Crazy calorific, but delicious.
[/quote]

HAHA! Dude! I put heavy cream in my chocolate milk! More Ovaltine, please!

Not quite shakes, but I’m getting better at making “protein pudding” quick from scratch. One scoop Metabolic Drive, a little less than one Tablespoon peanut butter, and I’m still working on eyeballing the water to get the right consistency. Sometimes I’ll fork-smash a banana in the bowl first, then add the same other ingredients.[/quote]

an even easier protein pudding is just a few scoops of powder in some Greek yogurt. Works pretty well

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
lolol csulli should’ve wrote a disclaimer on how his digestive system handled 74 grams of fat in a small shake, stay safe guys

Frozen bananas are awesome in shakes. I blend it on low for a couple of minutes and it comes out like a milkshake.[/quote]

ive done 180-200g fat before

[quote]heavythrower wrote:
im gonna try the guar gum idea tonight. [/quote]
How did this go HT.I love my Metabolic Drive shakes thick and use a good deal of ice for this reason.But as others have said you gotta get the right amount of ice.If to much you have yourself an ice shake,which sucks.

One of my favorite meal replacement shakes:

1.5 cups carrot juice
1 apple
50 g protein powder (unflavored)
nuts
coconut oil
flax oil

Best shake I’ve ever had was as follows:

3 scoops of ON gold standard extreme choc. milk
3 cups of milk
4 scoops of icecream
5 oreo coockies
As much peanut butter as you want

Blended all together this shake was near orgasmic. End total was something like 150 grams of Protien and like 160 carbs. never cared enough to get the calories. This is obviously for someone needing some mass.

Not quite shakes, but I’m getting better at making “protein pudding” quick from scratch. One scoop Metabolic Drive, a little less than one Tablespoon peanut butter, and I’m still working on eyeballing the water to get the right consistency. Sometimes I’ll fork-smash a banana in the bowl first, then add the same other ingredients.[/quote]

Similarly, 1-2 cup of thick-ish Greek yogurt (eg. Fage, Chobani, etc). A scoop of protein, 1 heaping TSP of pb.

Just keep stirring and eventually it will smooth out into a thick mousse texture. If it’s too thick you can add a tsp of water until it gets to the consistency you want.

[quote]csulli wrote:

Crazy calorific, and delicious.
[/quote]
Fixed that for you. You accidentally typed “but” as though you didn’t want the most calories humanly possible in everything.[/quote]
Seems relevant, but, alas, I’m not quite there yet:

I don’t mean to take any credit for that. I’m pretty sure Hungry4more’s “puppy shit” is something pretty similar.

And I do need to get more greek yogurt. Stuff reminds me of sour cream, consistency-wise, and I dig that.

Not a shake but:

0.75-1.0 scoop whey protein
1-2 tablespoons ground flax
6T egg white or one whole egg
1tsp baking powder
0-1 “shots” almond milk

Cinnamon, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, peanut butter etc
Mix thoroughly in a tall coffee mug

Microwave 1-1.5 minutes
Makes a cake

Options
peanut butter, diet whipping cream, or whey mixed with a shot of almond milk to make a frosting for on top

recipe #2
Plain greek yogurt
0.5 scoops whey per serving yogurt
1 splenda packet per serving yogurt

Mix+freeze

Chocolate mug cake sliced with vanilla whey/almond milk “frosting”

I had an oreo craving.

I’ve been doing vanilla + cinnamon cake with vanilla frosting because I’ve been craving cinnamon rolls

Proatcakes:
Ground or whole oats
whey
banana
almond milk
egg white/whole egg

Amounts to preference I eat this on my carb ups

Mix all ingredients, grease pan fry both sides until they start to turn brown, put some fruit preserves on each cake, stack cakes, cover in sugar free syrup

Cheesecake
2 cups cottage cheese
1 small container greek yogurt
1-3 scoops whey
1 package sugar free jello mix “cheesecake” flavor
almond milk as needed
-whatever toppings you want
-whatever kind of crust you’re willing to buy/make

Use a blender, wham cheesecake. stick it in the freezer if you want it stiffer

Use a

[quote]marshaldteach wrote:

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
lolol csulli should’ve wrote a disclaimer on how his digestive system handled 74 grams of fat in a small shake, stay safe guys

Frozen bananas are awesome in shakes. I blend it on low for a couple of minutes and it comes out like a milkshake.[/quote]

ive done 180-200g fat before

[/quote]
that sounds horrible lol. I think the most fat I had was last year when I had 3/4 cup olive oil with two boxes of mac and cheese every day. In hindsight that was completely unnecessary

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

Similarly, 1-2 cup of thick-ish Greek yogurt (eg. Fage, Chobani, etc). A scoop of protein, 1 heaping TSP of pb.

Just keep stirring and eventually it will smooth out into a thick mousse texture. If it’s too thick you can add a tsp of water until it gets to the consistency you want.

[/quote]

Dooood, add a teaspoon of water? Are you sure about that? I don’t want my shake getting too watery.

[quote]jppage wrote:

How did this go HT.I love my Metabolic Drive shakes thick and use a good deal of ice for this reason.But as others have said you gotta get the right amount of ice.If to much you have yourself an ice shake,which sucks.[/quote]
Note to all,watch your amount of guar gum you use.It does work i turned my protein drink into pudding haha.Ya you only need a little.

Not a shake, but this is my new favorite snake.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Not a shake, but this is my new favorite snake. [/quote]

How many snakes do you consume?

[quote]jppage wrote:

How did this go HT.I love my Metabolic Drive shakes thick and use a good deal of ice for this reason.But as others have said you gotta get the right amount of ice.If to much you have yourself an ice shake,which sucks.[/quote]

I liked it! first time i put too much, tried it again and bingo. give it a shot.

[quote]jppage wrote:

I liked it! first time i put too much, tried it again and bingo. give it a shot. [/quote]
Yep,i added to my post above.I did the same thing and turned it into pudding haha.Used it last night with a lot less and it came out perfect.