T Nation

Yummy Shake Ideas

please post your favorites.

i am dieting now, in an effort to get bigger stronger leaner, and could use some variety.

here is my contribution:

16 ox filtered h2o
2 scoops vanilla Metabolic Drive
1 serving superfood
1 tblsp of coconut oil
1/4 cup crushed almonds
1 tblspn of natural organic peanut butter

yum!

12 ounces of Orange Juice
2 Scoops vanilla whey

Probably not as complex as you’re looking for, but tastes like orange creamsicle heaven.

[quote]heavythrower wrote:
please post your favorites.

i am dieting now, in an effort to get bigger stronger leaner, and could use some variety.

here is my contribution:

16 ox filtered h2o
2 scoops vanilla Metabolic Drive
1 serving superfood
1 tblsp of coconut oil
1/4 cup crushed almonds
1 tblspn of natural organic peanut butter

yum!

[/quote]

do you heat the coconut oil to a liquid first?

what kind of a blender do you use?

i wouldnt have thought the nuts and oil would mix that well in water

Here is the best shake I ever made:

5 dl of whole milk.
1 banana.
2 scoops of banana flavoured weight gainer.
2 table spoons with vanilla ice cream.
1 whole egg.

Put in blender and drink it.

Probably better for bulk than a cut.

EDIT.

Vanilla whey also works, but IMO the shake based on banana gainer tasted best.

Also it helps if one put the shake in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

[quote]heavythrower wrote:
please post your favorites.

i am dieting now, in an effort to get bigger stronger leaner, and could use some variety.

here is my contribution:

16 ox filtered h2o
2 scoops vanilla Metabolic Drive
1 serving superfood
1 tblsp of coconut oil
1/4 cup crushed almonds
1 tblspn of natural organic peanut butter

yum!

[/quote]

do you heat the coconut oil to a liquid first?

what kind of a blender do you use?

i wouldnt have thought the nuts and oil would mix that well in water
[/quote]

nope just throw it is at room temp, wal mart blender, mixes up fine. i love the flaver the coconut oil gives.

good stuff so far, keep them coming!

16 ounces of milk
2 scoops of vanilla whey
1-2 teaspoon of instant coffee
Dash of cinammon

I like these in the morning!

1-2 scoops whey
1/2-1 cup oats
1-2 tbsp PB
5-7g guar gum

Put all ingredients into a blender w/ water or milk or whatever. Blend for about 15-20 seconds. Then add ice slowly - I like to add about 1-2 handfuls total. Blend until all the ice is mixed in well.

The guar gum is pure fiber, and it makes the shake thick like a milkshake. GREAT for fullness and satisfaction, and it really really improves the texture. I sometimes only have shakes all day when busy, and the fiber helps keep me full. You can get it online or at Whole Foods (serach for Bob’s red mill products)

I make my protein shakes with unsweetened almond milk and a little bit of heavy cream in them. Makes a huge difference as opposed to making a shake with water.

2 scoops choc protin
big spoon natural peanut butter
bananna
full fat milk
tis on real,simples

Half a cup milk
1 scoop protein (chocolate)
half cup hot water
dash of salt

Boom, protein hot chocolate for the mornings.

Put this in my log a while back.

The 1080:
3/4 cup of heavy cream
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
3 scoops of whey protein
fill the rest of the cup with water

1080 calories
72 grams of protein
74 grams of fat
9 grams of carbs

Useful to blend it in a magic bullet or something; you won’t be able to mix it well enough shaking.

Best thing I’ve found for people cutting using any kind of carb timing.

G

Pick up some unsweetened cocoa powder (I like Trader Joe’s brand); I’ve found that adding it to vanilla shakes winds up making it taste more like “real” chocolate flavor when compared to the chemical taste of many chocolate protein powders.

Here’s what I do when I’m holding conferences w/students and can’t really break out the tupperware of steak and broccoli:
16-20 oz. water
4 ice cubes
3 scoops vanilla Muscle Pharm
2 tsp Coconut Oil
2 tsp natural peanut butter
2 tsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp milled flax
1 scoop Superfood

The cocoa powder/coconut oil/p’nut butter is really tasty, and the milled flax seed gives it some substance. The trick is using just enough ice to make it thick without it turning into a concrete. If you’re really watching cals then cut out the peanut butter. Still tasty.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
I make my protein shakes with unsweetened almond milk and a little bit of heavy cream in them. Makes a huge difference as opposed to making a shake with water.[/quote]
Heavy cream makes a huge difference in texture and taste. When I went to Hershey, PA a few years ago, we were trying to figure out why the chocolate milk was so extra-amazing there. Pretty sure it was mostly heavy cream with a splash of milk. Crazy calorific, but delicious.

I had a stockpile of chocolate Metabolic Drive and different MAG-10 liquid flavoring a while ago, so I tried some of the flavorings in the Metabolic Drive. Orange flavoring with chocolate protein is a wild combo that works. Sweet, but not too strong because the chocolate dials it down. Berry and chocolate is alright, almost like chocolate-covered strawberry or something. Grape and chocolate, well, didn’t work so well.

Not quite shakes, but I’m getting better at making “protein pudding” quick from scratch. One scoop Metabolic Drive, a little less than one Tablespoon peanut butter, and I’m still working on eyeballing the water to get the right consistency. Sometimes I’ll fork-smash a banana in the bowl first, then add the same other ingredients.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
Crazy calorific, and delicious.
[/quote]
Fixed that for you. You accidentally typed “but” as though you didn’t want the most calories humanly possible in everything.

Also thanks for the “protein pudding” idea :slight_smile: Definitely gonna try that; sounds awesome.

When leaning out:

Water
Two scoops chocolate whey
1 cup frozen berries (blueberry/strawberry/raspberry mix from Costco)
1 Tbsp coconut oil

480 cals: 54g protein / 22g carbs / 5g fiber / 19g fat. There a lot of volume in this, so it fills you up nicely.

im gonna try the guar gum idea tonight.

[quote]csulli wrote:
Put this in my log a while back.

The 1080:
3/4 cup of heavy cream
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
3 scoops of whey protein
fill the rest of the cup with water

1080 calories
72 grams of protein
74 grams of fat
9 grams of carbs

Useful to blend it in a magic bullet or something; you won’t be able to mix it well enough shaking.

Best thing I’ve found for people cutting using any kind of carb timing.

G[/quote]

Never tried heavy cream before, in a shake or not, and super excited to try this! Cutting now, love getting calories from shakes (the less cooking the better), so if heavy cream is super filling and not high in carbs, I’m sold.

lolol csulli should’ve wrote a disclaimer on how his digestive system handled 74 grams of fat in a small shake, stay safe guys

Frozen bananas are awesome in shakes. I blend it on low for a couple of minutes and it comes out like a milkshake.

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
lolol csulli should’ve wrote a disclaimer on how his digestive system handled 74 grams of fat in a small shake, stay safe guys

Frozen bananas are awesome in shakes. I blend it on low for a couple of minutes and it comes out like a milkshake.[/quote]
Your body will adapt haha.