You're Needed for a Bulk Program

Although i believe that my system is better than everyone else’s, (who doesnt like their own routine), but im willing to try something new.

I’ve been doing total body training for the past 2 months now and i have seen decent results, only decent because my diet has been garbage.

Im planning on starting up a SPLIT training program and I want some advice from the meatheads out there.
Set me up with a program that you feel is your strongest aspect.

Tuesday - ‘pull’ legs
Wednesday - ‘push’ legs
Friday - ‘pull’ legs
Sunday - ‘push’ legs

thats how i plan on setting it up.

5’7 23 years old 160lbs

my max lifts

bench 245lbs
deadlift 365lbs
squat 295lbs
pull ups bodyweight + 90lbs = 250lbs for 8 reps

if anyone decides to help me out, thanks, ill post up results (how i felt, effective?, too easy? etc)

oh yea and im aiming for 2500 - 3000 calories a day

let me be your guinea pig!!!

First problem I see is your food intake. 2500-3000 should be enough to MAINTAIN your current body.

What are your ultimate goals, as far as bodyweight and powerlifts go?

What is the split you have posted?

[quote]mr popular wrote:
First problem I see is your food intake. 2500-3000 should be enough to MAINTAIN your current body.

What are your ultimate goals, as far as bodyweight and powerlifts go?[/quote]

I agree.

Zeus, what is your bf%? Unless it’s quite high, or you are an endo/mesomorph (you build muscle/gain weight easily), then 2500-3000 kcals probably isn’t enough to gain on.

As far as the program goes… I’m a big fan of 2 ways splits (which “push/pull” would fall under) for gaining mass. But, to be honest I’d spread out the schedule a little more. Remember that you grow when you’re out of the gym, not while you’re in the gym. Also, the more off days a week that you have the easier it will be to be in a caloric surplus.

I’d recommend training 3 nonconsecutive days a week, alternating between the “Push” workout and the “Pull” workout.

my bodyfat is around 15 - 17%
i am easily an ectomorph.

i would def do a monday wed fri but my schedule doesnt allow that just yet. so for now, those are the only days i can commit.

and remember im 5’7 and 160lbs. how many calories do you suggest i need? i plan on making it a clean bulk also.

i have Flameout, Alpha Male, Metabolic Drive, and zma handy.

MY ULTIMATE GOALS

bench + deads + squats = 1000lbs
currently at 900lbs

bulk up to 170lbs+ before april

ive been lifting for strength and power these past 2 months. going for some hypertrophy now.

Tuesday - ‘pull’ legs
Wednesday - ‘push’ legs
Friday - ‘pull’ legs
Sunday - ‘push’ legs

to make it more clear, i want a program for each of those respective days.

lets say user “crazyguy” has an awesome back program, i would use that for tuesday and also friday unless theres another back program. im gonna aim for legs everytime because thats where ive seen the biggest gains. (2inches in each quad in 2 months, ive got the stretch marks to prove it!)

and lets say the user “gifted” offered a push (chest shoulders) program. I’d squeeze that in on the push days.

what you guys get out of it is to know “does your program work?”
i go deep on every squat. and i also believe i have impeccable form. varsity wrestler for 4 years so i know all about hard work.

i will def post progress and opinion

If you’re making decent results on a crappy diet, why change your routine? Change your diet and keep the routine until you plateau…

You lift legs 4x per week?

I agree, if you are getting results on a bad diet–fix the diet.

If you want growth, and are used to TBT, try the stripped down hypertrophy workout
http://www.T-Nation.com/article/most_recent/stripped_down_hypertrophy

[quote]ZeusNathan wrote:
and lets say the user “gifted” offered a push (chest shoulders) program. I’d squeeze that in on the push days.
[/quote]

Funny you picked that name, if gifted(Brandon Curry-look him up) gives you a program I’d listen to him haha

How about this since I’m bored. Warmup for each exercise with 2-4 progressively harder sets, then get ready for your 1-2 work sets.

Rack Chins up to your absolute heaviest 2 sets in good form of 10-15 reps with a 2 second pause in the stretch. Take 5 seconds to lower from the top to stretch

T Bar Rows-barbell stuffed in a corner using parallel grip handle. Use 25 lb plates only. Pull into solar plexus, half way down, back into solar plexus, down to full rep. Work up to heaviest 1 set of 6-10.

Dead lifts-well, you know what they are. Work up to your two heaviest sets, one in the 6-10 range and the other 4-6 range. Perform them like this(note pulling “back” at the top)

After you are done strap up to a chinning bar(with weight if possible) and hang for as long as possible trying to stretch the lats out. Shoot for 3 minutes.

Do that once a week, pick similar exercises for the other “pull” day, maybe reverse grip pulldown, bent over barbell row and dead lifts out of the rack done in similar style as above. Keep track of your numbers that you get to on your heaviest sets and beat them the following week either in reps weights or both. Go from rack chins with a 30 lb dumbbell to 90 lb dumbbell, t bar rows with 5 25s to 10 25s and dead lifting 315-545 and you’ll have a thick and wide back.

frikkin awesome scott

i love to pull
ill try it out and let you know how it goes

and yea, id listen to gifted! also hahaha

[quote]Scott M wrote:
and dead lifting 315-545 and you’ll have a thick and wide back. [/quote]

yea, my max is at 365lbs… 2.4 times bodyweight.
I can pull 315lbs only three times tops because of my grip.
Im trying to stay away from straps… I just personally believe that its a good indication that im not ready to lift something i cant hold onto. but i recently got my power grips so that shouldnt be an issue in the near future.

ill be using 225lbs for the first day. we’ll see how it goes from there.

anyone got a leg routine???
my max is 295lbs

Legs

I prefer to do things “backwards” but do as you wish.

Calves on a leg Press heaviest 10-15 reps done with a 5 second pause in the stretch position, up on the big toe, back down, stretch deeper and deeper.2 sets

Romanian Deads-Tight arch in the low back lowering the bar very close to the body until you start to lose that arch(probably around knee level), powerful raising up. Heaviest 2 sets of 6-10 reps.

Leg Curls- Heaviest 1 set of 10-15 after some warmups, your hams will be toasted after R. deads so swallow your ego.

Back/Front Squat-work up to heaviest two sets, one 10-12, and a heavier 4-6.

Leg Press-all out set of 20-30 reps. This isn’t a light pump set, go as heavy as your will power will allow you.

Stretch the hams and quads very intensly, limp to the car.

Easier when comparing bodyweight only for sure. But that’s where the comparison stops as it locks you into a perfect pulling position and forces you into a nasty stretch with no cheating allowed.