You're Croatian When...

[quote]brunoG wrote:
What did you expect when you stated a tread -You?re Croatian when?- ?

If you had one with You?re French when? I could have wrote ? you start waving a white flag out of habit etc ?you can write a post like that and ?offend- any nation/nationality but I see I have struck a big nerve here.

[/quote]

Hmm… How come when posters from Germany post you don’t respond with “you killed millions of Jews” ?

NO ONE was discussing WW2 history here. YOU brought a completely unrelated issue into the thread implying that we’are all fascists.

I’m not arguing against it or denying anything. I’m just trying to point out that 60 years after the end of WW2 you are bringing this completely unrelated issue up just because the word Croatia appeared in the thread title.

If someone mentioned Belgian waffles, would you write about Congo?

Bullshit. Do you live here? I don’t think so. If you did, you wouldn’t write such crap. There are tens of thousands of Serbs here leading normal lives, including many of my relatives. You should get over your WW2 obsession.

Now this is plain ridiculous, especially the conversion idiocy.

Like the radical imams in the muslim world spread some hysterical stories about Koran burnings in Copenhagen these days, such outrageous claims about forced conversions were used to stir ethnic tension in the 90’s.

When the “Vatican conspiracy” theories start to float around, you’ve lost any credibility you maybe had.

Ah, we finally got to the point. Some people, 60 years after, still feel the urge to portray Croats as the “worst of the worst” in WW2, half-animals who managed to shock even the Germans with their cruelty. I would laugh, but I’ve seen it used to many times as propaganda during the previous decade.

I’m not denying the crimes of the Ustashe, but it is no coincidence that certain political elements used the exact same arguments you listed above to prove that Croats are “inherently genocidal” and “much worse that the Nazis”.

Pavelic and the NDH were a murderous regime installed by the Germans like other puppet regimes in occupied countries - Szalasy in Hungary for example.

However, claiming that the concentration camps in German hands were " much better" that the Croatian one is an insult to the victims of those camps.

Again with the Vatican conspiracy… Reminds me about Milosevic’s claims that pope John Paul II was an Ustasha.

And by the way, Stepinac saved Jews in WW2.

I’m really sad when someone who obtained a history degree uses it to spread some semi-hysterical unfounded beliefs gathered from obscure sources completely unfamiliar with the actual situation on the ground.

I have no desire to continue this discussion further.

@brunoG
You sound exactly like 40 years of anti-Croatian propaganda during the Yugoslavia. The whole nation was categorized as genocide oriented.

I am suprised how you didn’t mention the theory about Istria and North East Adriatic being Italyan or Slovenian and The Big Serbia theory about the Virovitica, Karlovac, Karlobag border.
Croatia shoul be a circle around Zagreb with 5 miles radius?

My great-great-grandfather was from Austria-Hungary, modern day Croatia, he was from Dubrovnik.

OK, let’s ignore the weirdo and make this thread useful…

Has anyone from Croatia succesfuly ordered Biotest products from the T-Nation store? Were there any customs problems?

I could get order them during my stay in Ireland, but now it’s different.

BTW, ima jo? netko na??

[quote]loppar wrote:

Has anyone from Croatia succesfuly ordered Biotest products from the T-Nation store? Were there any customs problems?

BTW, ima jo? netko na??[/quote]

Biotest does not ship to Croatia

[quote]loppar wrote:

BTW, ima jo? netko na??[/quote]

I can’t order becouse the Cro. is not on the list of countries when you order stuff. SHITE. I would so like to order some Spike and Alpha Male, and the new Flameout seems top notch. You can order from other sites but the stock is limited and you can order only few products.

BTW. Ak si jos u Irskoj jel mozes narucit ja platim naravno uz dodatak:)

I have provided you with facts - links, references and literature, and the best you can do to counter that is your belief and opinions. Denial -about your own people-, is the one of the biggest problems facing any of the Balkan nations; Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia etc. You cannot move forward unless you face you past, otherwise you will have these civil wars every 50 years or so. You can read books i listed if you wish and educate yourself or you can believe whatever you like. It?s your life and your country. I?m done with this thread.

Hey ppl!!

Im new here, as the matter of fact this is my first post here. This whole Croatian stuff made me mad, during I am Croat, and I know the situation here much better than the Bruno.
I as most of my friends are left-winged, we do not like anything that happened in the past, we are not neither nationalist, nor comunists, we are just people being sick of arguments like this here, of judging the whole country by it’s bad mistakes and totaly wrong facts.

Dude, Stepinac is saint couse he sawed Judes in the war. And he had 2 have connection 2 Paveli? when Paveli? was leading the freeking NDH then.

But i must say that the radical nationalism is a big problem here (especialy at the rural places, during to their iggnorance)
, but i belive that the things will change with time.
And don’t shit at my dorstep, dude. Use yours.

Eto, ja sam na?. :wink:
Pozdrav, loppar!

[quote]2p1o wrote:
Hey ppl!!

Im new here, as the matter of fact this is my first post here. This whole Croatian stuff made me mad, during I am Croat, and I know the situation here much better than the Bruno.
I as most of my friends are left-winged, we do not like anything that happened in the past, we are not neither nationalist, nor comunists, we are just people being sick of arguments like this here, of judging the whole country by it’s bad mistakes and totaly wrong facts.

Dude, Stepinac is saint couse he sawed Judes in the war. And he had 2 have connection 2 Paveli? when Paveli? was leading the freeking NDH then.

But i must say that the radical nationalism is a big problem here (especialy at the rural places, during to their iggnorance)
, but i belive that the things will change with time.
And don’t shit at my dorstep, dude. Use yours.

Eto, ja sam na?. :wink:
Pozdrav, loppar![/quote]

I agree with everything mentioned.

Ima nas ima. :wink:

[quote]brunoG wrote:
I have provided you with facts - links, references and literature, and the best you can do to counter that is your belief and opinions. Denial -about your own people-, is the one of the biggest problems facing any of the Balkan nations; Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia etc. You cannot move forward unless you face you past, otherwise you will have these civil wars every 50 years or so. You can read books i listed if you wish and educate yourself or you can believe whatever you like. It?s your life and your country. I?m done with this thread.[/quote]

For fuck sake brunoG. Name me a country in the world that has not had issues and done bad things in the past??

Where are you from then??

Is it Brno in the czech republic? Coz i’ve been there too.

[quote]brunoG wrote:
I have provided you with facts - links, references and literature, and the best you can do to counter that is your belief and opinions. Denial -about your own people-, is the one of the biggest problems facing any of the Balkan nations; Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia etc. You cannot move forward unless you face you past, otherwise you will have these civil wars every 50 years or so. You can read books i listed if you wish and educate yourself or you can believe whatever you like. It?s your life and your country. I?m done with this thread.[/quote]

Yes, I’m amazed at the plethora of international “experts” who want to explain to us what was happening here.

They perceive us as knife wielding brutes holding century-old grudges who every 50 years or so massacre the other tribe for some irrational historical reason.

They were trying to explain Milosevic’s rampage through Croatia, Bosnia and Kosovo with historical reasons ranging from WW2 to six hundred year old battles with the Turks.

Unfortunately for them, it was not caused by fanciful historical injustices and Russian-style irrational passions. It was all about power and finance - one dominant ethnic group (Serbs) who controlled the state administration, police and the country’s army were losing grip over the country richest provinces - Slovenia and Croatia.

Yet they still feel to need to waste time justifying their academic hypotheses with spectacularly ill-informed, biased and superficient analyses of the Balkans. Naturally, living here actually disqualifies you from participating - because one is delusional.

Whatever. I’m done with this.

[quote]HvRv wrote:

BTW. Ak si jos u Irskoj jel mozes narucit ja platim naravno uz dodatak:)[/quote]

Bio 2002-2003 u Dublinu. Sad sam opet u Zagrebu.

[quote]loppar wrote:
HvRv wrote:

BTW. Ak si jos u Irskoj jel mozes narucit ja platim naravno uz dodatak:)

Bio 2002-2003 u Dublinu. Sad sam opet u Zagrebu.[/quote]

Damn. I wish you were in Ireland so you can order. Did you happen to get some T-shirts.
Hope the Cro appear in order list one day.

Pozdrav iz Siska (regards from Sisak)

I was on the first Marine Expeditionary Unit (26th MEU) to do an exercise in Croatia in 2000. We trained in Slunj. My ship hit liberty ports in Rijeka and Split. Croatia rocks, one of the best places for liberty in the Med area. The women were hot, the clubs were pretty cool and the Croatians let us shoot whatever we wanted in the training area.
I took an awesome whitewater rafting trip somewhere outside of split. Beautiful country.
The Croatian military is a bunch of tough guys, we had some good times. Great country.
My avatar is my tank firing in Croatia. I set a fire in the training area and burned down 250 acres. Good times.

Lets start a petition to put Croatia in the “country list”.

(Ej ekipa, probao sam stavit link od naseg foruma, ali su mi modovi izbrisali post. Ako ga netko nemoze naci, neka mi posalje pm.)

[quote]BH6 wrote:
Croatia rocks, one of the best places for liberty in the Med area. The women were hot, the clubs were pretty cool and the Croatians let us shoot whatever we wanted in the training area.
[/quote]

Yeahhh… And imagine living like that every day…

[quote]kova wrote:
Lets start a petition to put Croatia in to the ‘country list’.
[/quote]

I’m afraid there is not enough cro-s on the site to support the poll. Bu never the less.

CROATIA in the “country list”…

Hey you got another croat/boznian on here…Me unfortunately i suck at writing so i will just say the only thing i no… ja te volime.

oh and what i ment to say was, they do have croatia on the list…its the bosnia and hersogovina stuff.

[quote]mrl179 wrote:
oh and what i ment to say was, they do have croatia on the list…its the bosnia and hersogovina stuff.[/quote]

Shit this thread took a while to resurface