You're An Olympic Weightlifter If...

• your idea of an awesome gym is a flat surface, rubber weights, and a metal bar.

Amen to this one.

-When you go to catch something you drop into a full squat
-When you hear the word ‘snatch’ the first thing you think of is the lift
-You read crazy weightlifting books that are as confusing as a math textbooks
-You get excited when a new pair of weightlifting shoes comes out
-You do insane squat programs that most think is impossible even with drugs

From Facebook:

1. You are sick of converting everything to pounds even though you can do it in 5 seconds. Because its supposed to be kilos damnit!

2. People tell you how much they bench and you immediately figure out if you can jerk it.

3. You watch others at your gym squat the same thing you squat in kilos in pounds and only go a quarter of the way down. I mean who does that?

4. You have an ass…

5. You know what traps are and have a hell of a set

6.You cant find a pair of jeans in any normal shop to fit you because you cant get them past your legs!

1. When…your talking with your friends saying…
    "I use R&B rubbers and Eleikos, what kind do you train with?

2. Benching has suddenly lost its appeal to you.

3. You can only shake your head when watching non-o-lifters do cleans in a gym.

4. You can ATG back squat what most people can leg press.

5. You work out everyday but never feel sore.

6. You can say ‘clean and jerk’ and ‘snatch’ to shocked people with a straight face.

7. A guy has attempted to open a flirtatious conversation by asking how much you weigh.

For someone whose only olympic lift is cleans every so often, i’m agreeing with way too many of these.

oly lifters don’t have to be weak in the bench press as long as they train it along with their other pressing exercises.

[quote]gainera2582 wrote:
oly lifters don’t have to be weak in the bench press as long as they train it along with their other pressing exercises. [/quote]

You know your an Olympic lifter when you don’t care about bench press

-when walk up a set of stair 2 steps at a time

-you don’t have any of your old jeans because you broke them.

-when you check if the regular gym bars can spin.

-when your mom tells you your butt is growing too big.

-your Assistance Exercises include curls and bench press.

-you have a broom stick without sweeper in your living room.

• You only do bench presses when you have a leg injury.

[quote]Neospartan wrote:
-when RUN up a set of stair 2 steps at a time
[/quote]

Fixed :slight_smile:

[quote]Neospartan wrote:
-when walk up a set of stair 2 steps at a time

-you don’t have any of your old jeans because you broke them.

-when you check if the regular gym bars can spin.

-when your mom tells you your butt is growing too big.

-your Assistance Exercises include curls and bench press.

-you have a broom stick without sweeper in your living room. [/quote]

LOL broom stick! Who all marks on it where the rings on the bar are located? I call it my calibrated snatch stick. My wife just rolls her eyes at me

My new program has no curls but my coach did add bench back in after not doing any bench for about 6 months.

You think it’s a compliment if someone calls you a “jerk”.

When somebody asks how your girlfriend’s snatch is, you answer, “Not as good as her Clean”.

• You chalk up before grabbing the steering wheel of your car, with a hook grip naturally

• Your non-lifting friends just assume you have a thing going for eastern european men

• You look like an average gym goer in reverse: all legs and no arms or chest

• You get pissy if anybody comes within 25 yards of your lifting area

• Your warmup looks like a ballet routine

• You lift with an empty bar and still think you’re hardcore

• You keep track of your bodyweight to 3 decimal places, 3 times a day

• You do 10 sets of squats 3 times a week, and wonder why your lifts aren’t going up

• Any time you miss a lift you know exactly why, and it’s never simply because you’re not strong enough.

You’re a olympic weightlifter when you use the hook grip when you mastrubate

After completing a full snatch in a commercial gym (before getting kicked out) someone asks, “what muscle does that work?” and you reply, “all of them.”

true story

[quote]Evensen wrote:
You’re a olympic weightlifter when you use the hook grip when you mastrubate[/quote]

fucking lol!

You know you’re an Olympic Weightlifter when…

(1) You’ve been hand picked from childhood to train for your communist country’s Weightlifting team because of your limb proportions, wrist circumference, and athletic performance.

(2) You can run a 20 yard dash faster than any Olympic Track Athlete.

(3) You’re not American in any way.

(4) You’re a test subject for Vladimir Zatsiorsky

(5) Your Squat Clean is roughly 60% of your Deadlift

(6) You train at a weightlifting club. There are no cardio machines. There are no football players doing shitty power cleans that are really more of a back extension/ultra wide 1/16th front squat/reverse curl than they are a hip movement. There is no one wearing basketball shoes in your gym.

(7) You go to competitions.

Your clean and jerk routine does not involve your penis.

When powerlifters tell you to sit back into your squat, and personal trainers tell you to sit foreward and only use your knees, you tell them theyr both wrong. You actually try to get your knees as foreward as you can, whilst staying an ass-dominant lifter.

Sorry, but Box Squatting is superior to any other form of squatting.

http://uk.youtube.com/results?search_query=travis+mash&search=Search

When you clean and jerk (your penis) very often, however you enjoy the snatch much more.

[quote]FightingScott wrote:
Sorry, but Box Squatting is superior to any other form of squatting.

http://uk.youtube.com/results?search_query=travis+mash&search=Search[/quote]

Is this a joke, because travis has poor form and any olympic lifter will tell you that using chains and bands with the oly lifts is a bad idea. Also he lifts less then Chinese women, who are lighter then him.

Also no box squatting is not the superior lift, that is subjective, don’t hold what westside thinks as the best as law.