Solid effort my dude. PR’s on 3/4 main lifts ain’t bad.
More than one thing comes to mind:
First you did no deload, meaning you’re coming in fatigued for PR’s.
Second about the PR’s today, you’ve been doing PR lifts a few days ago on bench and squat.
CNS might still be a little bit fried from that.
I think you might have had that 625 and more if you had been a tad fresher.
Well done for progress Cam
So you gained a lb per week in growth? Was it worth it?
Now I have an OHP target…
Thanks @mortdk and I think you are right too, I jumped the gun a bit testing this week but still pulled out on top overall. If I had given it an extra week I think I could’ve gotten those ones I failed.
100% worth it. Made gains in technique and bar speed as well. Also the fact that I was able to PR pretty much every lift variation I did. Gonna run dark horse in the winter and make even more gains.
If you beat my overhead within the year I will fly to you and buy you and your family dinner.
My exact reaction to the overhead of haha
Be carefull Cam, the Hog likes free dinners, so he’ll put everything into it.
Don’t let that mouth write checks you can’t pay for…
This is a given.
I’m gonna be close to 205. 185 seated pin press was hard but doable. Only 20lbs.
Wow, some serious weight you’re moving!
It blows my mind how different people can diverge in their strengths, based on body type and lifting history. If I were to test my max right now, I’d be within 10-20# of you on overhead and squat, but 100# short on bench, and over 100# short on deadlift… I have some work to do, heheh.
Thanks man, I appreciate you saying that
Seriously it is pretty crazy, I got long limbs and a short torso, which is perfect for deadlifting which is why I always excelled at it. Not so great for squat and overhead haha, gotta work extra hard for those numbers to go up. Bench is an enigma, I wanna think its cause I got a decent arch(I cheat really hard) so it makes the long arms null/void.
REMARKS ON @Alpha’s CONJUGATE PROGRAM
- Managed to hit some significant PRs on 3/4 Lifts(605 on stiff bar is small PR, but ive still hit 605 before)
- Notice some major improvements in technique in all 4 lifts, most noticeably in the bench and deadlift
- Bar speed improved in all 4 lifts, thanks to the band training.
- My conditioning has gotten better thanks to the giant sets and short rest times(Gonna continue this in future training)
- Felt good hitting some big numbers all the time, PRs on every variation lift I did(I think haha)
- Having constantly rotating variations for the 12 weeks not only made this program fun, but it kept me motivated and excited cause I knew I had a chance to hit PRs every week in many different lifts.
- 9.5/10 would recommend to friends and family
Only reason for the .5 off is cause the 12 weeks without a deload was fucking rough. If/when I run this program in the future, I am gonna deload after the first 6 weeks of 3RM before moving to 1RM. Also gonna deload after the full 12 weeks before testing haha.
- My plan is to run Thibs Best Damn 2 for this week, deload next week before comp, then depending on how beat to shit I am from this comp, deload after/or continue with thibs best damn 2.
- Gonna run this hypertrophy block for 4-6 weeks, run a powerbuilding block for 6-9 weeks(Training with strongman implements in this hopefully), then run a strongman style template until a comp comes up.
- This may change depending on if there are any comps nearby this winter, otherwise I will be competing in february/march(Hopefully)
Edit: IF ANYONE HAS ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE CONJUGATE PROGRAM OR MY FUTURE PLAN PLEASE ASK AWAY.
Gonna cram 4 days of training into one post
- CG Bench(R/P) 265lbsx4,2,2
- Front Squat(R/P) 275lbsx5,2,2,1
- DB Bench 80lbsx8
- Machine Shoulder press 120lbsx10,3,3,3,3,3,3,2
- Deadlift @ Midshin 525lbsx4,2,1,1
- DB Pullover 70lbsx10
- Rear Delt Machine 100lbsx12,3,3,3,3,3,3,2
- BB Curl(R/P) 115lbsx6,4,2
- Military Press 155lbsx4,1,1,1,1
- Goblet Squat 100lbsx12
- Overhead DB Tricep Ext. 30lbsx10
- Machine Chest Press 200lbsx12,3,3,3,3,2
- NG Pullup BW+70lbsx5,2,2,1
- NG Seated Row 140lbsx10
- Leg Curls 170lbsx10,3,3,3,2
- Incline DB Curl 25lbsx10
Like I said before, this is Thibs Best Damn Workout 2, nice change of pace so far.
Last Two Days of Workouts(Thibs best damn 2, 8/2 & 8/3)
- Incline Bench Press 205lbsx6,3,2,1
- Incline DB Lat Raise 25lbsx10
- Leg Extensions 210lbsx12,3,3,3,3,3,3,2
- Triceps Rope Pushdowns 72.5lbsx12,3,3,3,3,3,2
- Pendlay Row 315lbsx4,2,2
- DB RDL 100lbsx8
- Straight Arm Lat Pulldown 62.5x12,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,2
- Cable Curl 57.5x13,3,3,3,3,2
- Competition next saturday, so this is my last actual workout till then. Deloading the rest of the week.
- The weights are pretty light imo, especially for middleweight so im not too worried.
- Viking Press for Reps(225lbs)
- Deadlift @ 14in For Reps(450lbs)
- Frame Carry Distance in 60sec(475lbs)
- Stein Hold for time(50lbs)
- Odd Object Load(3 Anvils, unknown weights/height)
- Im actually hoping they up the weight for the deadlift and frame carry, everything else seems pretty on par IMO. Hoping for at least 5 reps with the viking press.
- Stein Hold is gonna be a shit show for everyone I think.
- Anvils will be wicked fun to load.
Where’s the competition at?
Called Brutes and Brews
Iron Tails Saloon in Acton, Maine
Nice, bout an hour from me. Perhaps I’ll drop in if I have nothing going on that day (highly unlikely haha). Good luck man!
Thanks dude, I appreciate it! You should compete sometime, they have a ton of comps yearround in the maine/new hampshire area.
That’s the plan! Need to get my static strength up prior though. I’ve checked a few events for this year and decided to wait since I was going to goose-egg the majority of events.