You're A Strongman Camko (Back on my Bullsh*t)

Solid effort my dude. PR’s on 3/4 main lifts ain’t bad.

1 Like

More than one thing comes to mind:
First you did no deload, meaning you’re coming in fatigued for PR’s.
Second about the PR’s today, you’ve been doing PR lifts a few days ago on bench and squat.
CNS might still be a little bit fried from that.
I think you might have had that 625 and more if you had been a tad fresher.
Well done for progress Cam

1 Like

So you gained a lb per week in growth? Was it worth it?

1 Like

Fuckkkk yeah

1 Like

Now I have an OHP target…:smiling_imp:

1 Like

Thanks @mortdk and I think you are right too, I jumped the gun a bit testing this week but still pulled out on top overall. If I had given it an extra week I think I could’ve gotten those ones I failed.

1 Like

100% worth it. Made gains in technique and bar speed as well. Also the fact that I was able to PR pretty much every lift variation I did. Gonna run dark horse in the winter and make even more gains.

If you beat my overhead within the year I will fly to you and buy you and your family dinner.

4 Likes

My exact reaction to the overhead of haha

Be carefull Cam, the Hog likes free dinners, so he’ll put everything into it.

2 Likes

Don’t let that mouth write checks you can’t pay for…

This is a given.

I’m gonna be close to 205. 185 seated pin press was hard but doable. Only 20lbs. :joy:

2 Likes

Wow, some serious weight you’re moving!

It blows my mind how different people can diverge in their strengths, based on body type and lifting history. If I were to test my max right now, I’d be within 10-20# of you on overhead and squat, but 100# short on bench, and over 100# short on deadlift… I have some work to do, heheh.

1 Like

Thanks man, I appreciate you saying that :smiley:

Seriously it is pretty crazy, I got long limbs and a short torso, which is perfect for deadlifting which is why I always excelled at it. Not so great for squat and overhead haha, gotta work extra hard for those numbers to go up. Bench is an enigma, I wanna think its cause I got a decent arch(I cheat really hard) so it makes the long arms null/void.

REMARKS ON @Alpha’s CONJUGATE PROGRAM

Overall:

• Managed to hit some significant PRs on 3/4 Lifts(605 on stiff bar is small PR, but ive still hit 605 before)
  • Notice some major improvements in technique in all 4 lifts, most noticeably in the bench and deadlift
  • Bar speed improved in all 4 lifts, thanks to the band training.
  • My conditioning has gotten better thanks to the giant sets and short rest times(Gonna continue this in future training)
  • Felt good hitting some big numbers all the time, PRs on every variation lift I did(I think haha)
  • Having constantly rotating variations for the 12 weeks not only made this program fun, but it kept me motivated and excited cause I knew I had a chance to hit PRs every week in many different lifts.
  • 9.5/10 would recommend to friends and family

Only reason for the .5 off is cause the 12 weeks without a deload was fucking rough. If/when I run this program in the future, I am gonna deload after the first 6 weeks of 3RM before moving to 1RM. Also gonna deload after the full 12 weeks before testing haha.

FOR NOW:

• My plan is to run Thibs Best Damn 2 for this week, deload next week before comp, then depending on how beat to shit I am from this comp, deload after/or continue with thibs best damn 2.
  • Gonna run this hypertrophy block for 4-6 weeks, run a powerbuilding block for 6-9 weeks(Training with strongman implements in this hopefully), then run a strongman style template until a comp comes up.
  • This may change depending on if there are any comps nearby this winter, otherwise I will be competing in february/march(Hopefully)

Edit: IF ANYONE HAS ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE CONJUGATE PROGRAM OR MY FUTURE PLAN PLEASE ASK AWAY.

2 Likes

Gonna cram 4 days of training into one post

Push 1:

1. CG Bench(R/P) 265lbsx4,2,2
  2. Front Squat(R/P) 275lbsx5,2,2,1
  3. DB Bench 80lbsx8
  4. Machine Shoulder press 120lbsx10,3,3,3,3,3,3,2

Pull 1:

1. Deadlift @ Midshin 525lbsx4,2,1,1
  2. DB Pullover 70lbsx10
  3. Rear Delt Machine 100lbsx12,3,3,3,3,3,3,2
  4. BB Curl(R/P) 115lbsx6,4,2

Push 2:

1. Military Press 155lbsx4,1,1,1,1
  2. Goblet Squat 100lbsx12
  3. Overhead DB Tricep Ext. 30lbsx10
  4. Machine Chest Press 200lbsx12,3,3,3,3,2

Pull 2:

1. NG Pullup BW+70lbsx5,2,2,1
  2. NG Seated Row 140lbsx10
  3. Leg Curls 170lbsx10,3,3,3,2
  4. Incline DB Curl 25lbsx10

Like I said before, this is Thibs Best Damn Workout 2, nice change of pace so far.

1 Like

Last Two Days of Workouts(Thibs best damn 2, 8/2 & 8/3)

Push 3:

1. Incline Bench Press 205lbsx6,3,2,1
  2. Incline DB Lat Raise 25lbsx10
  3. Leg Extensions 210lbsx12,3,3,3,3,3,3,2
  4. Triceps Rope Pushdowns 72.5lbsx12,3,3,3,3,3,2

Pull 3:

1. Pendlay Row 315lbsx4,2,2
  2. DB RDL 100lbsx8
  3. Straight Arm Lat Pulldown 62.5x12,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,2
  4. Cable Curl 57.5x13,3,3,3,3,2

Notes

• Competition next saturday, so this is my last actual workout till then. Deloading the rest of the week.
  • The weights are pretty light imo, especially for middleweight so im not too worried.

Events:

1. Viking Press for Reps(225lbs)
  2. Deadlift @ 14in For Reps(450lbs)
  3. Frame Carry Distance in 60sec(475lbs)
  4. Stein Hold for time(50lbs)
  5. Odd Object Load(3 Anvils, unknown weights/height)
  • Im actually hoping they up the weight for the deadlift and frame carry, everything else seems pretty on par IMO. Hoping for at least 5 reps with the viking press.
  • Stein Hold is gonna be a shit show for everyone I think.
  • Anvils will be wicked fun to load.
3 Likes

Where’s the competition at?

Called Brutes and Brews

Iron Tails Saloon in Acton, Maine

Nice, bout an hour from me. Perhaps I’ll drop in if I have nothing going on that day (highly unlikely haha). Good luck man!

3 Likes

Thanks dude, I appreciate it! You should compete sometime, they have a ton of comps yearround in the maine/new hampshire area.

2 Likes

That’s the plan! Need to get my static strength up prior though. I’ve checked a few events for this year and decided to wait since I was going to goose-egg the majority of events.