You're A Strongman Camko (Back on my Bullsh*t)

Thanks hog! It was a good feeling dropping back to the 40% DE work and feeling how much everythings improved. Especially the conditioning, first week doing EMOM I was dying and now it feels like nothing.

1 Like

You got a 405 coming soon
 I feel it.

1 Like

Your confidence in me is definitely helping my motivation, appreciate the support man! Ill do it for you or die trying

1 Like

Conjugate Week 7(Phase 2)

Saturday(6/09) Day 5(DE Lower)

EMOM Set 1:

1a. Back Squats 10x3(185lbs + 120lbs Bands)
1b. Hang Cleans 10x3(135lbs)

EMOM Set 2:

1.Deadlifts 10x3(235lbs + 90lbs Bands)

Assistance Set:

1a. Pause Box Front Squat 3x8(225lbs)
1b. Goodmornings 3x8(225lbs)
1c. Leg Extensions 3x12(200lbs)

Notes

• I think doing the superset emom sets with the squat is affecting my technique. Can tell its getting sloppy towards the end once I start rushing. In future, gonna do the supersets with deads instead and focus on the technique for squats.
  • Liked the assistance lifts this time around, gonna be alternating box squats and regular front squats week to week.
  • Lower back feeling super tight, gonna see how it is tomorrow morning. Side effect of the squat technique getting sloppy

INSPIRATIONAL SONG OF THE DAY

1 Like

Ive noticed the same thing with my lifts. DE with multiple reps is not good for my technique. Maybe a :30 single for 1.5 times to get the reps and work form more.

Jeezz man these are badass

Looks very good

1 Like

Yeah, I think I would be fine with the three reps if I cut out any super set work. Gives me some wiggle room to correct anything without having to worry about rushing every minute. However, I may give the :30 single a try, see which I like better.

Going off what you said about the squats, I was thinking of just increasing the band tension for deadlifts and doing singles or doubles. At least in the future, Ill just stick to the program as written for now.

1 Like

Conjugate Week 8(Phase 2)

Monday(6/11) Day 1(ME Upper)

BW: 219lbs

Main Set:

1a. Z Press
1x5(95lbs), 1x5(115lbs), 1x3(135lbs), 1x1(155lbs), 1x1(165lbs) PR
1b. Neutral Grip Pullup
1x5(BW+45lbs), 1x5(BW+70lbs), 1x5(BW+90lbs), 1x3(BW+100lbs) PR, 1x1(BW+120lbs)PR
1c. Hanging Leg Raises
5x10(BW)

Volume Set:

1a. Z Press 3x5(135lbs)
1b. Neutral Grip Pullup 3x6(BW+45lbs)
1c. Hanging Leg Raises 3x10(BW)

Assistance Set:

1a. Seated BTN Press 3x10(155lbs)
1b. Neutral Grip Incline DB 3x10(60lbs)
1c. Chest Supported Rows 3x10(60lbs)

Notes

• Super hungover today after attending a grad party all day yesterday, got a drinking PR, drank 25 IPAs and 4 shots over the course of 7hrs. Still managed to get a good workout in
  • PRs across the board, decided to find out what my weighted chin-up PR is after being inspired by the thread.
  • Still having some trouble with the lockout of overhead movings, gonna keep hammering triceps to help with it.
  • Really like the BTN movement, hoping it will add some size to my shoulders to help build up strength as well.

1 Like

Woah nice

1 Like

When OHP movements are going up there is good things instore for the bench. If nothing else you will be more stable.

Thanks Man!

True. I don’t really care much for bench since I compete in strongman, but if I get it too 400 I may consider doing another powerlifting meet since o haven’t in years.

1 Like

Tuesday(6/12) Day 2(Conditioning)

5 Rounds(No Rest):

1a. 30 second Bike Sprints(Increasing Resistance each time)
1b. Waiter Walks 100yds(30lb kb)

5 Rounds(30 sec rest):

1a. Kb swingsx20(50lbs)
1b. Pullupsx5
1c. Pushupsx5

1 Like

Wednesday(6/13) Day 3(ME Lower)

Main Set:

1a. Pin Squat @ Parallel
1x5(135lbs), 1x5(225lbs), 1x5(315lbs), 1x5(365lbs), 1x3(405lbs), 1x1(455lbs), 1x1(475lbs), 1x1(500lbs)
1b. Ab Rollout
7x8(BW)
1c. Band Pullaparts
7x15(Medium Resistance)

Volume Set:

1a. Pin Squat @ Parallel 3x5(405lbs)
1b. Ab Rollout 2x5(BW)
1c. Band Pullaparts 3x15(Medium Resistance)

Assistance Set:

1a. Leg Press 3x10(570lbs)
1b. Back Extensions 3x25(BW)
1c. Hanging Leg Raises 3x10(BW)

Video:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj--LPCHVI2/?taken-by=mynameiscamko

Notes

• Felt Really good today, went in with the determination to get 500lbs for the main set and I got it dammit. Huge boost in motivation and determination.
  • Was able to get up to 455lbs beltless and then threw it on for the rest of the squats.
  • Was absolutely fried after the last squat, truly a max effort lift. Barely managed to get through the volume work.
  • Dropped to 2x5 for the rollouts cause my core was struggling
  • Upped the weight a bit on the leg press, always do a pretty narrow stance with them, slightly wider than deadlift.
  • Back extensions felt good, helped relieve some stress from the squats.

4 Likes

Nice!!

1 Like

What to say
 amazing job man! Nice work!

1 Like

I haven’t heard 36 Crazyfists in years

1 Like

Thanks guys!

Yeah man, decided to throw on an old lifting playlist I made a few years back and this was the song that came on during my last squat. Safe to say it did the trick

1 Like

Friday(6/15) Day 4(DE Upper)

EMOM Set 1:

1a. Bench 10x3(150lbs+80lbs Bands)
1b. Med Ball Chest Throw 10x3(15lbs)

EMOM Set 2:

1a. Clean and Press 10x3(90lbs)
1b. Pullups 10x5(BW)

Assistance Set:

1a. DB Bench 3x8(100lbs)
1b. Preacher Curl 3x15(75lbs)
1c. Dips 3x15(BW)

Notes

• Decided to do Clean and Press instead of pressing with bands for the meantime with overhead. Bands never felt right no matter how I set it up, always felt like one side was getting worked more than the other.
  • Once I buy a better set of bands Ill change it back, see if there is still an issue

1 Like

Saturday(6/16) Day 5(DE Lower)

EMOM Set 1:

1.Squats 10x3(205 + 120lbs Bands)

EMOM Set 2:

1a. Deadlifts 10x1(265lbs + 100lbs bands)
1b. KB Swings 10x10(45lbs)

Assistance Set:

1a. Leg Press 3x1min(370lbs, 390lbs, 410lbs)
1b. Leg Curl 3x8(190lbs)
1c. Stein(KB) Hold 3x25sec,32sec,24sec(25lbs)

Notes

• Felt alot better this week on the DE effort lifts for today
  • Just doing the squats for the first group gave me enough time to make sure each set was perfect, speed got slightly better even set to set.
  • Switched between high bar and low bar, half and half
  • Just did singles on the deads, got perfect form and speed each set.
  • Super set with KB swings cause there was alot of down time inbetween doing singles
  • Remembered the Leg presses for time from my previous 5/3/1 strongman routine, so I added those in since I love/hate them so much.
  • Stein hold is one of the events for my next comp and I suck at it so I figured Im gonna start working on it week to week. Comp Weight is 50lbs so by the end of this I am hoping to work up to at least 60lbs So I dont have to worry. Got a little over 2months so Im not worried.

2 Likes

Very nice. I get so many ideas from your log.

1 Like