You're A Strongman Camko (Back on my Bullsh*t)

Nice work man! You were right there on a lot of those events.

Good job camko, youā€™re a beast. You must be excited for nationals!

Hell yeah Mate thatā€™s awesome.
Congrats

Thank you, yeah dude it was wicked close, but all in all he was strong mofo. He could have gone all day with those axle deadlifts, he was the last to go and only got 9 to beat me. Looked like he could have gotten at least 5 more easily.

Thanks duke, I still trying to figure out whether or not Im gonna go. Its $165 to compete alone, plus I need to find a place to stay/food/other things. Im strapped for cash, but we will see what happens.

Thanks mort! appreciate the support.

2 Likes

Hope you can get funds for nationals.
Was expecting vidsā€¦disapointed :disappointed:

1 Like

Sorry to disappoint, forgot to post. Here they are

2 Likes

Awesome job, looked like fun! Disapointment gone.

1 Like

For the next few months I am gonna be doing a conjugate style program outlined in one of @Alpha 's videos. Gonna be a nice change of pace from what Ive been doing, looking forward to this one

For Reference:

Conjugate Week 1

Monday(4/23) Day 1(ME Upper)

Each group is performed as a circuit, so I would do 1 set of exercise one, move on to exercise 2 and then 3. Once everything is done, rest 90 seconds and repeat.

Main Set:

1. Fat Grip Neutral Pullups 5x10(BW)
  2. CG Bench 1x3(135lbs), 1x3(185lbs), 1x3(225lbs), 1x3(245lbs), 1x3(265lbs)
  3. Rowing Ergometer 5x1:00min(roughly 250m)

Volume Set:

1. Fat Grip Neutral Pullups 3x10(BW)
  2. CG Bench 3x12(AMRAP),5,5(215lbs)
  3. Rowing Ergometer 3x1:00min(roughly 250m)

Assistance set:

1. Dumbbell Incline 3x12(60lbs)
  2. Preacher Curls 3x12(75lbs)
  3. Overhead Tricep Cable Extensions 3x12(57.5lbs)

Notes

• Definitely like that all these groups are done circuit style, makes the workout go fairly quickly and it should help with my conditioning a bit.
  • Volume felt good as well, I know this is only my first day with it but Im already liking this approach and layout.
  • May mess with the assistance exercises from week to week, once I find glaring weaknesses they will become more solid. I already know my triceps are a week point, so there will always be tricep work on upper body days.
  • Overall first day, went great, that was a PR on the CG Bench to start so everything is on the up and up.

INSPIRATIONAL SONG OF THE DAY

2 Likes

Conjugate Week 1

Tuesday(4/24) Day 2(ME Lower)

Each group is performed as a circuit, so I would do 1 set of exercise one, move on to exercise 2 and then 3. Once everything is done, rest 90 seconds and repeat.

Main Set:

1. KB Swing 5x10(45lbs)
  2. Pause Deadlift 1x3(135lbs), 1x3(225lbs), 1x3(315lbs), 1x3(405lbs), 1x3(425lbs)
  3. Plank 5x1:00min(BW)

Volume Set:

1. KB Swing 3x10(45lbs)
  2. Pause Deadlift 3x8(AMRAP),3,3(340lbs)
  3. Plank 3x1:00min(BW)

Assistance Set:

1. Goodmornings 3x12(185lbs)
  2. Front Squats 3x10(185lbs)
  3. Suitcase Carrys w/ Fat Gripz 3x30ft(115lbs)
  4. Suitcase Carrys w/o Fat Gripz 3x60ft(115lbs)

Notes

• Last set of deadlifts performed w/ straps and belt, all other sets(including volume sets) done beltless no straps.
  • All pauses 1-2count at about 1-2inches above the ground
  • Might switch out the kettlebell for something else, seeing that 45lbs is the heaviest I have available and not seeing much work with that weight.
  • Think I will keep the assistance excercises the same weekly for this day, may swap out the suitcases carrys. We will see.
  • First time doing pause deadlifts, was thinking I would work up to 450lbs at least but these were harder than I thought.

• Not gonna post a link cause its not on Youtube, but listen to J.Coles new album ā€œKODā€. Listen to the whole think front to back, every song is fantastic.
2 Likes

Conjugate Week 1

Thursday(4/26) Day 3(DE Upper)

Bench and OHP sets performed EMOM for 10min

1a. Bench 10x3(135lbs + Bands)
1b. Medicine Ball Chest Throw 10x3(15lbs)

2a. OHP 10x3(80lbs + Bands)
2b. Medicine Ball Push Press Throw 10x3(15lbs)

Assistance Set:

1a. Dips 3x10(BW+ 40lbs)
1b. Cable Curls 3x12(57.5lbs)
1c. Face Pulls 3x12(47.5lbs)

Notes

• Havent done any sort of speed/band work since my Sophomore year at college, cant remember how well it worked or if I was even doing it right so we will see how this training cycle pays off.
  • Right now I like the EMOM, makes the workout quick and it helps me stay focused during the set. Usually I find myself with 30sec rest after every set which is plenty for this kind of work
  • I think the band tension this time around was pretty light, as I was getting used to it and didnt want to overdo it my first week, will increase for next week.
  • At the moment, the weight is 40% of my 1rm, this will go up by 5% every week. Will need to find a happy medium between this and proper band tension.
  • Supersetted the speed work with some explosive medicine ball throws
  • Gonna Be doing these same assistance excercises for my DE Upper day every week.

INSPIRATIONAL SONG OF THE WEEK

1 Like

Conjugate Week 1

Friday(4/27) Day 4(DE Lower)

Squat and Deadlift sets performed EMOM for 10min

1a. Squat 10x3(185lbs + Bands)
1b. Box Jumps 10x3(BW)

2.Deadlifts 10x3(235lbs + Bands)

Assistance Set:

1a. Leg Curls 3x12(160lbs)
1b. Leg Extensions 3x12(210lbs)
1c. Fat Gripz DB Rows 3x6(100lbs)
1d. DB Rows 3x6(100lbs)

Notes

• The EMOM sets for squats w/ box jumps killed absolutely killed me, was ready to puke by the 8th set.
  • Found an appropriate band tension for the squats were I was able to still do them with alot of speed but the lockout was tough.
  • Because I almost died with the squat set, I decided to opt out of an additional movement with the deadlifts.
  • Will need to fine tune the tension next week as the sets were really fast, but there wasnt enough tension at lockout to really feel much.
  • Need to find a better exercise then leg extensions for this day, the curls and rows were good. Might through in zercher squats or some strongman movement for additional assistance instead of extensions.
  • Overall, it was a good first week, we will see how the next month plays out.

3 Likes

Your a fucking beast Mr.!!! I see I have missed some post and just wanted to catch up :grimacing:

1 Like

Thank you @countrygirl2016 :slight_smile: glad you were able to catch up on the journey!

2 Likes

Conjugate Week 2

Monday(4/30) Day 1(ME Upper)

Main Set:

1a. Neutral FG Pullups 5x8(BW+25lbs)
1b. Axle Push Press 1x5(75lbs), 1x5(95lbs), 1x5(125lbs), 1x3(175lbs), 1x3(215lbs)
1c. Pushups 5x12(BW)

Volume Set:

1a. Neutral FG Pullups 3x8(BW+25lbs)
1b. Axle Push Press 3x5(175lbs)
1c. Pushups 3x12(BW)

Strongman Set:

1.Stone To Shoulder 3x6(180lbs)

Assistance Set:

1a. Cable Tricep Pushdowns 3x12(130lbs)
1b. Incline Seated Curls 3x10(30lbs)
1c. Band Pull Aparts 3x20

Notes

• Ended with a 3rm of 215lbs, was hoping for 225lbs, but ill take it.
  • Kinda lost balance on the last rep of the last set, was able to recover without dying, but shows that I need to work on bracing throughout the entire movement so I can maintain a solid foundation.
  • Again, trouble really occured at lockout. Probably gonna pin presses in a couple weeks to help target this issue.
  • Added a strongman movement inbetween the giant sets, cause I felt like it and its allowed.

4 Likes

Conjugate Week 2

Tuesday(5/01) Day 2(ME Lower)

Main Set:

1a) KB Swings 4x10(53lbs)
1b) Pause Back Squat 1x3(155lbs), 1x3(245lbs), 1x3(335lbs), 1x3(385lbs)

Volume Set:

1a) KB Swings 3x10(53lbs)
1b) Pause Back Squat 3x5(310lbs)

Strongman Set:

1. Yoke Walk 1x30yards(185lbs), 1x30(365lbs), 2x15(505lbs), 3x15(600lbs)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiP9rauHvCD/?taken-by=mynameiscamko

Assistance Set:

N/A

Notes

• Everything went really well today, my plan going in was to get 3rm pause squat with 335lbs, considering my weakest point in this lift is outta the whole I knew this would be tough. But 335 went up way better than expected. So with some motivation I threw another 50lbs on and hit a 3rm of 385lbs which I was fucking awesome.
  • Each pause was roughly 2 counts, at slightly below parallel/ or just at parallel.
  • I knew that I was going to do some heavy yoke walks at the end of this workout, so I opted out of doing a core exercise with the main/volume sets
  • Worked up to 3 sets of 600lbs for the yoke walks
  • This was a huge moral boost for me, since I really struggled with 600lb yoke in my competition in January
  • Video is of my last set, got 15 yards each time in under 10 seconds with very little to no falter in my steps.
  • Did not do any assistance work today, all was replaced by the Yoke. Will be dead tomorrow.

INSPIRATIONAL VIDEO OF THE DAY

3 Likes

Conjugate Week 2

Thursday(5/03) Day 3(DE Upper)

EMOM Set 1:

1a) Bench 10x3(150lbs+Bands)
1b) Pylo Push Ups 10x3(BW)

EMOM Set 2:

1a) Overhead Press 10x3(90lbs)
1b) Pylo Pull Ups 10x3(Bw)

Assistance Set:

1a) Swiss Ball DB Bench 3x12(70lbs)
1b) Preacher Curls 3x8(95lbs)
1c) Face Pulls 3x15(50lbs)

Notes

• Bench Still moving really fast at this weight, no problem there. Had a little bit more band tension this week compared to last
  • Pylo Push Ups were from ground to about a 1ft stack of weights
  • Gym I trained at yesterday only had one band of varying colors, so I wasnt able to get a set up for the overhead. So I just did a pause at the bottom of each rep, then exploding each one up
  • Nothing crazy about the assistance set, was just fucking around the the swiss ball, but it ended up feeling pretty good
  • After the workout, went hiking for about 2hrs, first nice day of the year around here so I had to take advantage.

3 Likes

Conjugate Week 2

Friday(5/04) Day 4(DE Lower)

EMOM Set 1:

1.Back Squat 10x3(205lbs+Bands)

EMOM Set 2:

1a. Deadlift 10x3(265lbs+Bands)
1b. Box Jumps 10x3(BW)

Assistance Set:

1a. Leg Curls 3x12(165lbs)
1b. Seated Cable Rows 3x8(220lbs)
1c. Back Extension 3x10(BW+100lbs)

Notes

• Squats were even faster this week, focusing on improvising/improving my technique and it seemed to pay off in my later sets
  • Learned from last weeks mistake of supersetting box jumps and squats, did it with deadlifts this time.
  • Still was not fun, but I wasnt close to passing out this time which was great
  • Changed the assistance up a bit, probably gonna stick with the leg curls and extensions, gonna do the DB rows again like I did the first week

2 Likes

Teach meā€¦

I see things this time in your log that Iā€™ve never been able to understand before ā€¦the SS work is nice.

1 Like

@losthog Haha what do you want to know? Iā€™ll answer any questions the best I can.

The program Iā€™m doing currently is outlined in this video:

1 Like

I donā€™t always know what to ask. In the past I was looking at your log and was super confused over all the this and that. Today after trying out (to the best of my current knowledge ) his dark horse plan (that I basterized but plan to sit down and expand into something I can actually follow) I see how it should work.

It just like the lights came onā€¦

For example questions:

What is a giant set?
What metcon needs to go with OHP, Bench, Deads, Squats?

What should I superset with each movement. What is DUP, wave periodizarion, conjugate.

I have too many questions reallyā€¦ but I am learning. Today your log I was able to read and see why you pair somethings and am thinking how I can add this or thatā€¦ thanks!

1 Like