T Nation

Your Views On This War Link

When a position that the right holds is discussed such as the authorization for war your contention is that it is above board and “they signed their names and are accountable” which I agree with. I wish more of them would have had backbone who didn’t agree with it at that time.

But, to discount that the climate wasn’t capitalized on at that time by the right, to push what I feel was a dishonorable agenda, and deceptively manipulated isn’t being honest. It may not have been behavior that you can hold someone accountable for, but it was in my opinion dishonorable and not what I would expect from a leader of the United States.

Last thing, you are very good at rationalizing for the right and coming up with all kinds of logic for showing why your position is correct. But, you are good at that and could rationalize just as well for the non war believers if you chose to do that. You get what I mean? Like a lawyer who could pick either side to argue and win either side he chose regardless of which was right or wrong, just because he was good at coming up with talking points and logic to bolster his case.

Rainjack,

I don’t think I have ever said it is the only way. If I do then slap me around a bit (more than usual).

The key for me is that there is so much more we can be doing instead of just the options of “not pissing people off too much” and “waging war”.

Edit: I read back, yeah, I will stand behind saying that stopping the recruitment of new fanatics is the only way the war on terror will be stopped. This says nothing about how they are to be stopped!

Thunder is owning this thread.

Great job, sir.

Some folks should just go back to being their old name-calling, no point-making selves. They look even stupider trying to sound intelligent.

I know I’d love to, but then “Mom” comes along and kills the thread!

i do think the Democrats are weak very weak and part of it is, I don’t think they are as good at being dirty as the current administration. If a good honest moral republican leader came along who truly cared about all of the people of this country he would have my support (not that that means much) as would a democrat or independent or whatever.

I know the repubs look at the dems as elitist sneaky lying manipulative bastards and maybe historically felt like they got burned for trying to win control in an honest way. But, they this current movement has swung entirely in the opposite direction and nothing is off limits or is morally wrong for them as long as they get their way.

I am waiting for, whether it be republicans. or dems. or whoever to stand up to these guys and say we aint going to take this B.S. anymore. Whoever does that and then conducts their leadership in as honest a manner as possible will get my vote whatever party they are from.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Thunder is owning this thread.

Great job, sir.

Some folks should just go back to being their old name-calling, no point-making selves. They look even stupider trying to sound intelligent.[/quote]

Oh my, a cheerleader cheering for their team how wonderful and loving!

mr. lovebeads, I applaud you on your attempt to do a makeover of yourself, but you know what they say… you can take a pig out of the pigsty but their still a pig.

Cheers

[quote]Elkhntr1 wrote:

Oh my, a cheerleader cheering for their team how wonderful and loving![/quote]

Elk, is it lost on you that an estimated 75% of your posts amount to nothing more than a “(fill in the blank), great post! Keep posting!”?

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
Elkhntr1 wrote:

Oh my, a cheerleader cheering for their team how wonderful and loving!

Elk, is it lost on you that an estimated 75% of your posts amount to nothing more than a “(fill in the blank), great post! Keep posting!”?
[/quote]

Well, get ready for a whopping 75% more of it. And thanks for reading them sometimes the simple (my posts) pleasures are best.

I am sure you will continue to astound and wow us with your keen insight to the inner workings of the highest levels of Government and world politics.

Just for the record, the Vatican opposed the invasion of Iraq, so religious opposition to this war is not something new or novel.

Guys, guys…Iraq most certainly did have Weaopons of Mass Destruction.

How do we know this?

We checked the receipts.

[quote]RankHypocrisy wrote:
Just for the record, the Vatican opposed the invasion of Iraq, so religious opposition to this war is not something new or novel.[/quote]

Yeah, but we all know Sean Hannity is the real Pope on American soil. (jk) :wink:

In an earlier post I said most catholics, but I haven’t heard one evangelical who is against the war. There may be some, but whether I’ve seen them on TV or people that I know not one I have come across is against the war.

I’ve seen something similar.

[quote]Elkhntr1 wrote:
Loth, you are the one who insinuated before that because you watched a heroin addict die as well as others at your job that you were under the same duress as soldiers in Iraq. So, I will bring that up whenever you start deriding me “shaking your head” and talking in a condescending manner about me or anyone else who opposes the war.
[/quote]

I didn’t insinuate that at all, elk. If I recall, we were in my old World Peace thread, and we were talking about tragedy striking folks, you were on another one of your “soldiers dying needlessly” screeds, and I mentioned that someone dying needlessly would be the girl who OD’d on heroin in my ER that night.

I am not under the same duress as a combat soldier, elk, and neither are you. Bring this up as much as you want, and I will continue to set your ass straight. Nice try to make me look bad, though. Shame it backfired.

Man, I leave town for a little while and look at what’s happening!! Everyone’s going for the ol’ jugulars again. I love it. OK, here goes. Elk, man, you know I respect you and your opinions from one military man to another. Although our ideas and opinions conflict at times, it’s still all the same. It’s just a shame that some people take it as an insult when you voice your own thoughts. This goes out to everyone. The War in Iraq can be viewed as both good and bad, depending on how you look at it. I myself am all for the war. It’s not for religious reasons, “because Jesus said this or Jesus did that.”, but because I have actively participated in the War on Terror, and have paid a very high price in doing so. So have many of my close friends both physically and mentally, and to not support them in their efforts, to me, comes off as disrespectful. When someone tells me that they’re against the war because they just want our boys to come back home and be safe, I think it’s OK for them to feel that way. Hell, I want them to come home too. But not before finishing the job that was started. All that we ask is that we’re in your prayers, and if you’re not into that kinda thing, at least in your thoughts. I’m really tired, so I’ll finish this when I wake up in the morning. RLTW

rangertab75

And it is also common knowledge that entire covoys of weapond were taken to Syria,Jordan and wlse where before the war started, not to mention 6 cargo ships that were being tracked leaving Iraq for North Korea, they were shipped out of country before the ground war happened and were no longer there when the troops arrived, but they were there and he DID fund and develop them, read the world CIA fact book it is all in there…

and for the record fron the comments about a religeous war… I am not a muslim nor a christian… I am a Heathen, Odinist. I am all for wiping out terrorists and fanatics and not in the name of Christ or anyone else.