T Nation

Your Views On Steroids

I’m writing about attitudes towards steroid use and would like your guys’ input. You can answer any or all of the following questions. Thanks.

1. Why do you take steroids?
  2. Who should and should not take steroids?
  3. Should steroids be legal in sport and/or recreation?

There’s already a few threads on here that answer those questions.

1. Because they make you big and strong beyond what natural training would do over the same time period.

2. Whoever wants to, I guess- but you really ought to be grown up and have put in some quality time at the gym and the dinner table first.

3. Yes. However, I respect the right of self-regulating organizations to exclude those who test positive.

1. To enhance the enjoyment I get out of my favorite hobby. BB is hands down the most fullfilling sport I have ever participated in, but remember that that fulfillment comes from effort not “magical roids”.

2. NO. It should be illegal in competitive sports. Unless every single player in the league is on gear, might as well keep it fair and as it is.

It should be LEGAL in bodybuilding, beacuse the sport is judged on end result- not performance on a track or field or court, etc. No matter how much help pro BBers get from AAS, the end result will always be far different between individuals.

I guess its obvious from the above that I think it should be legal recreationally.

[quote]oboffill wrote:
I’m writing about attitudes towards steroid use and would like your guys’ input. You can answer any or all of the following questions. Thanks.

1. Why do you take steroids?

2. Who should and should not take steroids?

3. Should steroids be legal in sport and/or recreation?
    [/quote]

4. I don’t yet… one of these years though…

5. Only those who have been training seriously for a few years and have spent a least a year researching/reading about steroids and PCT.

6. Sport… eh… I think it would get abused to no end and get out of hand. For you average training guy, yes it should be legal. That way he can get normal doses from a Dr. and have blood work done. If women can have large plastic bags of fluid put into their bodies, men should be able to have a “boost” to their own hormones.

Thanks guys.

[quote]thetruepitbull wrote:
There’s already a few threads on here that answer those questions.[/quote]

Could you point me to these threads?

(Every aspect of training has already been discussed before. Should we just close the forum and have people read archives?)

The statment I made earlier wasn’t because I was intending to be an ass; those questions have already been asked.

And no, not every aspect of training has has been covered, there are many unanswered and unasked questions out there. Don’t be a dick if you want some information.

There is a search function located on the left-hand side.

I have already taken time out to answer your first question before, and so have some others. That’s why I pointed you in that direction.

I’m a nice guy and have no respect for your childish remarks.

Good luck on your paper. and that’s not sarcastic.

[quote]thetruepitbull wrote:
The statment I made earlier wasn’t because I was intending to be an ass; those questions have already been asked.

And no, not every aspect of training has has been covered, there are many unanswered and unasked questions out there. Don’t be a dick if you want some information.

There is a search function located on the left-hand side.

I have already taken time out to answer your first question before, and so have some others. That’s why I pointed you in that direction.

I’m a nice guy and have no respect for your childish remarks.

Good luck on your paper. and that’s not sarcastic.[/quote] < thanks

I thought it odd for you to tell me that these topics have been discussed before (duh…) without specifying. 99% of the threads on this section deal with doses and different steroids, not these other issues. Searching would be a beast.