T Nation

Your View on My Supplement Schedule

Hey Guys!

Im thinking about doing an “all in” session of suplementation for the next 2-3 month, and i would like to get some feedback on my thoughts!

Now, before i start, english is not my main language, so please excuse the bad writing!

ok. So these are my thoughts…

When i look at my scheduele for the weeks, i realize that training has to be done in the mornings, wich i hate! also… soon i will be starting to ride my bike to work… wich is 40-45 min if i go all in… my main motivation is to loose some weight and get leaner…

up until now i’ve lost about 10kg, while still getting stronger, i’ve done that but having a diet of about 13-1500kcal/day, wich is a little bit on the low side i know… once i start to ride my bike, i’ll have to go up in kcal/day…

so, my days will look something like this…
wake up
breakfast
bike 40-45 mins
pre-workout drink
strenght session
post-workout drink
work
lunch
work
bike to next job 20 min
work
bike home 45-50 min
dinner
bedtime…

now, what i have in mind is eating a high protein, high fat, pretty low on carbs diet, wich i have been doing for a couple of weeks, once i start biking ill problably go up a little bit in carbs…

the suplementations i was thinking about was

a whey 100protein
bcaa
omega 3
multivitamin
and ZMA

and my plan, on wich i want your awesome input on, would be…

Breakfast and a Proteinshake and BCAA

Pre-workoutdrink - Protein and BCAA

Post-workoutdrink - Protein and BCAA

and then eating my what i eat now basiclly, a little more…

adding omega-3 and multivitamins to all the three main meals, Breakfast, lunch and dinner…

and finishing of the evening with ZMA for night recovery…

now, the thing i wonder about is the BCAA, every brand seems to recommend 10g/day but i stumbled on this article wich says to go between 15-30g/day if im not reading it wrong

i’ve never tried BCAA before, so i dont know much about timing and dosage.

Anyway, i would much appriciate your expertese on this, but my days are pretty much set, so i want to get best timing for the suplementations, and also, if you think something else will greatly improve my results other than/instead of what my original plan is, feel free to give your views on what and why.

The main goal is to loose fat, lean out and not to loose all to much muscle mass/strenght…even tho i know it might happend with almost 2hours of biking every day =)

I am sure you know this but most multivitamins are a “one-a-day.” If yours is designed to be taken that way I would not eat one with every meal. Try a greens product instead of multiple multivitamins.

Also, I would lose the BCAA’s if it were me.

[quote]JLone wrote:
Also, I would lose the BCAA’s if it were me. [/quote]

Agreed. Protein AND BCAA’s is unnecessary. BCAA’s work well when fasted, or intra-workout. Not very useful otherwise.

The rest of your supps are fine. Timing doesn’t matter with the ones you listed.

Ok thanks!

My multivitamin is optimum nutritions optimen wich has a dosage of 3 pills/day that was why i was thinking about splitting them up…

Ok, so loose the BCAA or maybe start using it only during the strenght session?
Anything else that might give me the xtra edge…i was thinking of maybe no-explode or something like that after the morning bile and pre strenght, just to get more focused … Im usually pretty beat after the bikeride… Or do you have any other suggestions?

[quote]bobani wrote:
Ok thanks!

My multivitamin is optimum nutritions optimen wich has a dosage of 3 pills/day that was why i was thinking about splitting them up…

Anything else that might give me the xtra edge…i was thinking of maybe no-explode or something like that after the morning bile and pre strenght, just to get more focused … Im usually pretty beat after the bikeride… Or do you have any other suggestions?[/quote]

NO-Xplode is a waste of money nowadays. You would be better off getting an intra-workout drink like Anaconda, which would actually supply energy to muscles instead of just jacking you up on stims. Anaconda + Caffeine will be a significantly better pre/intra workout than NO-Xplode.

thanks man!

Ill look into it!
However, i must say…caffein intake by drinking coffe is an issue for me…i dont want to be doing squats when my stomach gets busy you know =)

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:

[quote]bobani wrote:
Ok thanks!

Anything else that might give me the xtra edge…i was thinking of maybe no-explode or something like that after the morning bile and pre strenght, just to get more focused … Im usually pretty beat after the bikeride… Or do you have any other suggestions?[/quote]

NO-Xplode is a waste of money nowadays. You would be better off getting an intra-workout drink like Anaconda, which would actually supply energy to muscles instead of just jacking you up on stims. Anaconda + Caffeine will be a significantly better pre/intra workout than NO-Xplode. [/quote]

is there any valid alternative for anaconda, cuz i live in sweden and it doesn’t sell here anywhere, and buying from the states is not something i really want to do when it comes to these things =)

If you wanna spray the toilet, take your NO-explode…what percentages of p/c/f are you using?