T Nation

Your Typical Day?

Hey guy’s, now that it’s summer time, I have a ton of times on my hand and I often find myself being extremly bored through out the day and trying to think of things to do.

I usually go to the gym from 1230 till 330 and always get a good workout in no matter what, but before and after this time besides when I’m eating breakfast or lunch or dinner I find myself being bored.

I used to play baseball but quit and this is my first year without playing so I’m very un-used to not practicing and busting my butt to better myself in that sport.

This was a topic just to talk about your typical day… my typical day looks something like

7:00 - wake up
9:00 - Breakfast
12:00 - Pre workout snack
12:30-3:30 - workout
4:00 - Shower/ Lunch
730:00 - Dinner

Between the times I usually play video games such as starcraft an counterstrike an some other games but I often find myself… again… bored playing them. Getting a job is obviously something I should do an I am, I’m trying to get a job at a newspaper place where I write as a sports journalist/colmunist covering local and professional sports.

I’ll know around Monday how that works out… but ya… what’s your typical day like?

i get pretty bored during the summer too, but i’ll take it over class.

i wake up early still, go to the gym and also play video games. some times i watch tv, fuck around on the internet or both.

after awhile my buddies start to wake up and i go hang out with them or with my girlfriend.

my buddies and i play basketball, box, fish, watch more tv and play video games, frisbee golf, real golf or what ever.

my girl and i watch tv, jog, walk her dog, she talks a lot and i pretend to listen, we get a little naughty…

i can’t really complain i guess.

just find some thing fun and do it.

I’m kinda bored, but I have a job.

Aside from going to the gym, I’ve been watching Rob and Big, Man vs. Wild and Props (a bmx show). Playing Guitar Hero 2, re-reading some of the Harry Potter books, hanging out with my roommates and going out/having a party maybe once a week.

I was taking Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and going surfing, but lately haven’t been motivated to go to class and the surf has been pretty shitty.

Up until a month ago I was playing a ton of Halo 2 and the Halo 3 beta, but my xbox broke and I don’t really miss it.

The day is pretty similiar regardless of the time of year:

4:30am- wake

5:00am- Meal 1. Usually shake made night before

5:10-6:20am- Drive to work

6:30-3:15- Work. 3 meals during this time

3:15-4:30(but sometimes as late as 6:30- Commute home. Fuck the DC metro area.

Whenever I get there to whenever I leave (latest being 8pm)- Train

8pm- Usually 10:30- Squeeze in everything I need for the next day and try to relax, and eat.

Sleep when I get around to it

Fun huh?

If you want to be a sports writer you should be writing and reading. Write for an hour or two in the morning before breakfast. A good writer reads a lot more than he writes, so since you’re under employed you should be able to read a book a week at least.

6:00 am wake up

6:30 am breakfast

7:00 am get into my office

7:00-3:00 pm get some work done, each twice

3:00 pm bitch at my grad students about actually doing some work and not wasting my money

3:30-6:00 pm get some more work done and eat again

6:00 pm realize that my students are already going home after working a total of 3 hours

6:30 pm go to the gym

8:00-10:00 pm get some more work done

11:00 pm get frantic e-mail from snotty nosed undergrads about hw due in 8 hours which was assigned 2 weeks ago

Get a job?

edit reread your post.

Get another job if it’s not enough.

Otherwise if you’re dedicated to training, do two-a-days.

I wake up way too damn early for summer classes.

Go to class.
Come Home.
Nap.
Go to more class.
Go to the gym
Study.
Bed by 10 on week nights.

On the weekends I study during the day and then go nuts out at the bars later.

5 am-get up pop a couple of spike…take the dog for a walk

6am-the gym

730ish-sit down with the paper and have some breakfast

8-head to work…slack off til about 4 unless theres actually something to do…buuuut I work for the government so thats fairly rare

4-depending on the weather…go hiking/biking

7 or 8- go visit friends/girl friend for awhile or have people in usually

I follow pretty much the same schedule during the week then come Friday its the summer so I try and do something new every weekend…so far this summer its been skydiving, white water rafting and splunking. Taking it easy this weekend as I just finished paying the student loans off so kinda hurting for money but am done with those for now so thats great.

Only stupid people get bored.

7:30 wake up and frantically pound down a large bowl of oatmeal.

8:30 learn about how people view the environment sociologically

11:00 hit on girls on my way home

11:30 beans and turkey. lots of em.

12:30 take the bus downtown

1:00 sit in my cubicle at the environmental protection agency as a student intern while working on environmental justice policy.

5:00 workout

6:00 post-workout nutrition

7:00 a nice big dinner

8:00 homework

10:00 watch Pumping Iron on DVD

11:00 take over the world

11:30 ponder amount of time until I look like kyoshi moody

I just got done with the school year, and I’m going to be moving soon so I haven’t been looking for a job, so I’ve had tons of time on my hands too. Usual day is something like this:

10:00 AM Wake up/breakfast/shower

11:30 AM-4:00 PM Play music, listen to music, wish I had more space for more music gear

4:00PM-5:00- go for a walk

5:00-6:00-Go for a walk

6:00-8:00 Gym time-

8:00-9:00 post-gym time recuperation veg-out time-usually involves drooling in a sedentary, stationary position

9:00PM-2:00AM putts around on the internet, watch movies, read, hang out with friends

this along with internet surfing/eating interspersed throughout the day.

I really want to try to wake up and go to bed earlier than I do now, but I have an awful time trying to go to sleep, I have my whole life. well, when I was working construction 10 hours a day 5 days a week I slept like a baby. An overworked, sore baby.

Good movies that have entertained me lately:

City of God
The Red Violin

Are you guys still living with your parents? When do you do laundry, dishes, food shopping, cooking, toilet cleaning, vacuuming, etc?

Between my husband and two teenagers (a boy and a girl) I spend the majority of my time cleaning up after everyone else.

Nah, clean as I go usually…go to the laundromat too alot as I dont like spending time doing laundry and being able to do it all in one load is nice :slight_smile:

oh, and my only dependant is my dog at the moment…meaning that 2 15 minute walks a day and shes happy…oh and girlfriend time or she gets sorta sooky

[quote]pja wrote:
6:00 am wake up

6:30 am breakfast

7:00 am get into my office

7:00-3:00 pm get some work done, each twice

3:00 pm bitch at my grad students about actually doing some work and not wasting my money

3:30-6:00 pm get some more work done and eat again

6:00 pm realize that my students are already going home after working a total of 3 hours

6:30 pm go to the gym

8:00-10:00 pm get some more work done

11:00 pm get frantic e-mail from snotty nosed undergrads about hw due in 8 hours which was assigned 2 weeks ago
[/quote]

I always wondered what profs do all the time, besides lecturing and marking tests.

As for myself:

6:00 am - wake up, eat breakfast
7:00 am - arrive at work
10:30 am - 15 min break, eat
12:30 pm - 45 min break, eat lunch
4:00 pm - go home
5:00 pm - serving of quickmass™, read for an hour
6:00 pm - dinner
7:00 pm - gym
8:00 pm - pwo
10:00 pm - eat, read for 1/2 hour
10:30 pm - sleep

[quote]dragonmamma wrote:
Are you guys still living with your parents? When do you do laundry, dishes, food shopping, cooking, toilet cleaning, vacuuming, etc?

Between my husband and two teenagers (a boy and a girl) I spend the majority of my time cleaning up after everyone else.[/quote]

I’m with my parents for two more days, but I do spend time on picking stuff up and doing chores. This was just my ‘typical’ routine as of late. I’ve found maintaining cleanliness/laundry stuff is easiest if you just do it as you go. I did clean the bathroom today. And I changed the oil in my ca’r (and gauged my knuckle).

Chores suck, so thats why I’m going to have enough kids so I myself don’t have to do anything. I’ll even let my wife help them if she wants :slight_smile:

If you guys complain of boredom, why get up so early? Just sleep more and you’re problem is solved, at least in part.

Hahahh.

My typical day goes something like this.

8:00- Wake up for work, severely hung over from the night before.

1:00- Have tried to eat as much as possible given the current state of mind, mostly peanuts and yogurt.

6:00- Punch out of work, feeling better.

7:00- Lift as hard as I can until I am sweating coughing and dying.

9:00- Bar. Most likely finding the girl there who wants to go home with me, and as long as they don’t turn the lights on I’m fine with it.

3:00- Regretting the night before.

I think eating right and lifting is the only thing that keeps my body from going on strike and quitting on me, because I abuse the shit out of it.

6 am first alarm clock goes off
6:30 am second alarm goes off hopfully get up shit shower shave
6:45 am pack lots of food for the day, make a 1,000 calorie shake
7ish drive to work pound shake down.

7:30 show up at work

7:30-9:00 am fuck around on internet, mix some web based work in. Get a list together of all the stuff I got to fix today.

9:00 am get in truck eat 2nd meal of day while driving.

9:15-11:30 am drive around get some work done, probaly stop and fuck around on the internet/get some web based work done with laptop and wireless card.

11:30-12:30 pm Lunch

12:30-4:00 pm more work eat 4th meal at 2:00pm

Ussally start the drive home sometime around 3:30-4:30 eat 5th meal around 4:00pm

4:30-5:30 get home ussaly nap for 30 minutes or so, take a spike get up train around 5:30-600 done in 1 to 1 1/2 hours
7:00 PM Surge 6th meal coook some bulk WW pasta veggies and lots of meat for the next few days if needed. If not housework.
8:00 PM dinner 7th meal
10:00 PM 8th meal
11:00 try to sleep

Most of my day is spent driving and eating, I drive on average 1,000+ miles per week for work.

This fall I will start taking some classes again so that will make things interesting… Might have to start training in the morning before work. I would like to get to bed earlier, I need to work on that probaly wouldn’t have to nap in the afternoon than.

Thank you Biotest for Spike and Power Drive or else I would be dragging ass while training!

Pretty routine and mundane for the most part.