Godflesh
Agnostic front
Crowbar
Down(temptations wings)
Vision Of disorder
Bloodsimple (the great Red Shift)
Static-X (Black and White)
Breaking bejamin (polyamouras)

I would call what they play in my gym elevator music But that would be an insult to elevator music.

Drum & Bass or Gabber but I am bit of an electro junkie

There’s lots of stuff that blocks out the Top 20 or 50s music playing at my gym, but classical music seems to create a mood without distracting me with lyrics.

If you haven’t heard it, check out the Planets Symphony by Gustav Holst; when I’m squatting, it’s almost mandatory these days that I am playing “Mars, the Bringer of War.” I play it over and over until I leave the squat rack.

For cardio - Dream Theater. It’s powerful music, and I’m finished before the first song is over.

For weights - Usually heavy ass metal, like Pantera, Slayer, Sevendust, At the Gates, Fear Factory, Kataklysm, old Sepultura - straight up thrash.

Before my iPod died, I was starting to listen to Opeth a lot during workouts. Your workouts aren’t non-stop intensity, so I think the music shouldn’t be either. Opeth songs have nice melodic parts, which help lower the pulse rate during a rest period, then get all evil and death metal for your sets. Perfect band for workouts.

Currently,

Mastodon- Leviathan

Theory of a Deadman, Saliva, Audioslave, Nickleback, a little Creed, some Avril Lavigne, and some Evanescence

Yeah - I said it. I listen to chick Rock. They’re hot.

Minor Threat

Metallica, Sum 41, nickelback, eminem, sifu beats, mizri da quiet storm, guns n’ roses.

Social Distortion…the Mike Ness Band

Anthrax (the remakes from Greater Of Two Evils), Metallica (Puppets), Slayer (Reign and Seasons), Hatebreed, Dry Kill Logic, Sum 41…

Tried some Meshuggah, but the weird rythms throw me off. Good for cardio, though.

[quote]samdiesel wrote:
For cardio - Dream Theater. It’s powerful music, and I’m finished before the first song is over.

For weights - Usually heavy ass metal, like Pantera, Slayer, Sevendust, At the Gates, Fear Factory, Kataklysm, old Sepultura - straight up thrash.

Before my iPod died, I was starting to listen to Opeth a lot during workouts. Your workouts aren’t non-stop intensity, so I think the music shouldn’t be either. Opeth songs have nice melodic parts, which help lower the pulse rate during a rest period, then get all evil and death metal for your sets. Perfect band for workouts.[/quote]

Wow, you pretty much summed up my list there although I’d have to add Carnal Forge, Vader, and Arch Enemy.

Oh, and Opeth…kicks too much ass.

Atreyu, Kill Switch Engage, Acid Bath, Wumpscut, Velvet Acid Christ, Korn, KMFDM
occasionally Aesop Rock

I listen to everything from Eminem to the Chili Peppers to Limp Bizkit to the Rocky soundtrack(yeah, the Rocky soundtrack)…but I’d have to say if I were to only pick one to listen to the rest of my lifting days I’d choose Sevendust. They put me in an aggressive mood.

Marilyn Manson, Godhead. Slayer. Slipknot, Mudvayve, Hatebreed, Chimara, Sepultra, Soulfly, Saosin, Anthrax, AFI, Adema, Korn, Tool, Crossbreed, Rob Zombie, etc.

I like Sinatra…what? How come everyone is staring at me?

Death by Stereo and Slipknot are usually blaring my entire workout. I could do some slower stuff but it just isn’t the same anymore.

Lately…

Korn and a not-so-well-known Swedish band by the name of Cult of Luna (training song is “Leave me here”, leave the others out of my iPod for now …)

m-a

Static-X, American Head Charge, Killswitch Engage, Black Label Society, and once in a blue moon I throw on some Prodigy.

Slayer, Slayer, Slayer

Slayer, Testament, Nuclear Assault, Pantera, Metal Church, Flotsam and Jetsam, Rollins Band, Sepulutura, Iron Maiden, AC/DC.

I can’t listen to Dream Theater without stopping, wondering across the garage and playing along on my drums, they’re just too good to workout to.