Your Training Goals for 2018

Hey man no need to come in here with your logic and sound reasoning. I honestly feel so attacked right now

One time I was doing keg carries in the street and a neighbour offered me his hand truck. On another occasion someone suggested I should roll the keg so it is easier.

3 Likes

Classic keg training joke there - even if by accident :smile:

Definitely by accident in this case :smiley:

I once had a neighbor see me pushing my van up and down the street while they were in the middle of a run. Like a good Samaritan, he came by and joined me on the car and asked where we were pushing it. I had to sheepishly explain that it was going back and forth.

14 Likes

I believe your neighbors think you’re an alcoholic.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Hey, what do you press? Not bench. But press? :relieved:

I haven’t done standing military presses since last year, my all time best was 215lbs. I did 225x4 seated last month.

1 Like

Strong. Since I almost never have access to a bench, I only get to train it once a month at best. But it kills my shoulders for some reason. I’m going to have to start doing inclines on the Smith Machine, just for some chest work. Shudder.

That sounds mostly like an issue with form.
Maybe post a form check video on here if you want some of the more experienced guys to take a look.

Make sure your scapula is retracted and depressed, and don’t flare your elbows. Your shoulder pain will go away if you’re using proper form.

@painter27 @benchpresspapi I plan on posting some form check videos as soon as I am able to lift again. I used to do flat benching on the Smith Machine, and that also killed my shoulders.

Goals for the end of 2018:

• Bench- 100kg

• Deadlift- 160kg

• Overhead press- 60kg

• Squat- BW for 25 reps

• 400m <75s

• 1600m <6:30 mins

8 Likes

1500 total in a PL meet plus a 275 overhead.
If/ when I get there the next goal will be to enter my first strongman comp.

2 Likes

what’s your bodyweight? Those are potentially really good numbers.

Currently weigh about 223lbs and for either PL or strongman would be in the 105kg class, so probably not as impressive numbers as you may have been thinking.

1 Like

they’re pretty good imo. A 275 overhead isn’t all that common at your size.

Really want to dial down to 6% at some point. Starting the year at 9.4% at 94kg so it is hopefully achievable.

Other than that the prime focus is rehabbing my shoulder properly; far too trap and front delt dominant in my right - legacy of a rugby injury sustained 10 years ago.

Also, want to break my PB for a half marathon - sub 1:49!

I’d normally be all over this as ridiculous, but I saw your TransforNation before pics so I’ll not take the bait. However, you probably know, 6% is misery and unsustainable. Great goal for short term, and will help make your body more efficient, but, not easy.