Your Training Goals for 2018

Compete

Run a new program I’ve been dying to try

Finish up my undergraduates degree (try to at least)

1 Like
  1. Complete 365 consecutive days of logging all food intake and exercise output. This will happen on April 3, 3018.

2. Look better in a t-shirt by adding size to my shoulders and traps (and forearms? Maybe? Is this even possible for a pencil-neck ectomorph with toothpick calf and forearm genes?)

3. Stay under 190 lbs.

4. Keep cardio fitness high by redlining my HR for at least a few seconds every day (jump rope).

5. Help more people align their fitness goals to their underlying motivations. Get more people to realize the arbitrariness of squat, bench, and deadlift. The path to enlightenment starts with the orange dumbbells.

1 Like

Arnt you sitting at around 188? You wanna add size to them guns but stay under 190? Gonna have to reintroduce them sexy slo-mo chins again methinks.

1 Like

What program have you been looking at?

It’s one ive made up. Sort of. I was going to combine certain aspects of Smolov for squatting and Westside for my other lifts.

1 Like

Finally accomplish my 12 year goal of having all my abs visible. Hit 205 OHP, 405 SQ, and 500 DL.

2 Likes

My main goal for 2018 is a 30 plus inch standing vertical.

Some secondary goals I’d like to hit along the way include a 225 pound bench, 365 pound squat, 1 standing ab wheel rollout, and like every year bigger arms.

1 Like
  1. Stay healthy.
  2. 300 lbs log press.
  3. learn effective jerk technique for log/axle.
  4. stay healthy.
  5. top 15 finish at nationals in strongman. likely 198 weight class.
  6. improve foot speed on carries.
  7. circus db over 150 lbs.
  8. It’d be really nice if I could get my deadlift CONSISTENTLY over 600. I’ve been there off and on. But I need to stay there.
  9. Stay healthy.
9 Likes

I still haven’t gotten to the 17" arm mark. That would be sweet.

I’m quite surprised about that, and now I have doubts as to the achievability of my goal.

You can’t be far off though?

just checked. if I measured accurately, I’m right at 16.

I’m so jelly. Lol. All I have is 12 inch arms. Meh.

Ah fuck, there’s no way I’m finishing out the year with bigger guns than you!

Maybe the guys that make synthol’ll have a January sale.

1 Like

meh. my arms aren’t really that big. that’s never been a strong point for me IMO. delts are fine, but I’ve always thought my arms lagged a bit.

1 Like

I hit a 600 pound deadlift with my bodyweight hovering in the high 220’s in August.

I’d like to clean up the diet, tighten things a little bit, and match or exceed that at a lower bodyweight (215?) in 2018.

(edited for being a dumbass)

3 Likes

You’ve got about a week and a half my man, best get to work :stuck_out_tongue:

Deadlift - 550+

Squat 430+

Bench - get to 3 plates

2 Likes

ehhh maybe not a strong point but I wouldn’t say they lag.

You still thinking about doing a BB show?

17” is a good goal indeed. My +1” goal maybe a bit unrealistic so hitting 17 should be the new target.

Race?

1 Like

yea man, still thinking about it. I gotta get more gym time. Schedule has been crazy for months, and I"m only getting to the gym about twice a week. Can’t bodybuild like that, lol.