T Nation

Your Time for Shopping

Hey guys!

Quick question to those interested in good nutrition:

Are there days where you simply donâ??t have the time to buy the ingredients for your healthy meal? Or do you sometimes have problems in deciding what meals to cook?
If thatâ??s the case: What are you doing then?

Any comments appreciated.
Thanks!

I end up settling for something like a shake and some walnuts or cheese.
As far as deciding what to cook, it’s prioritized based on availability, ease of cooking, and age.

I’ve found that moving to a pulse-feasting type of eating schedule to work exceptionally well for myself. I used to stress about meals and meal planning, but the ability to have several MAG-10 pulses during the day with one or two larger, solid meals to be incredibly easy and freeing.

I rarely find the need to even plan. My protein needs are nearly covered by the MAG-10 alone, so as long as my meals are healthy, I’m happy. Like, actually happy. Results have never been better either.

I know that didn’t really answer your question, but as someone who used to overanalyze everything diet wise, this is a sanity saver.

[quote]SBT wrote:
I’ve found that moving to a pulse-feasting type of eating schedule to work exceptionally well for myself. I used to stress about meals and meal planning, but the ability to have several MAG-10 pulses during the day with one or two larger, solid meals to be incredibly easy and freeing.

I rarely find the need to even plan. My protein needs are nearly covered by the MAG-10 alone, so as long as my meals are healthy, I’m happy. Like, actually happy. Results have never been better either.

I know that didn’t really answer your question, but as someone who used to overanalyze everything diet wise, this is a sanity saver.[/quote]

How many pulses are you doing? What do you have pre workout, a solid meal or pulse?

What are your goals?

Simply to eat healthy?

I make a lot of chicken and beef 1-2 times per week. I usually have some easy to prepare veggies like broccoli and a bag of mixed greens. That way, when I am busy, it is quick to throw some beef in the microwave and steam broccoli for a few minutes.

Guys and gals

I do believe I’m living the best case scenario. I’ve got a an awesome nanny/maid/cook - Burmese but can cook awesome Thai, Indian, Vietnamese, Cantonese food as well as her native fare. I basically gave her a list of the foods highlighted in TC’s recent article and BOOM she’s cooking up a storm every evening incorporating all these awesome, nutritious and tasty dishes, many containing organ meats such as liver and kidney’s (covertly mixed in with chicken, beer or pork)

Take home point:

‘Move to Thailand (Bangkok specifically) where you can afford a maid/nanny/cook and get hold of cheap quality goods’

Don’t hate me

Moog ;-0)

I always keep some cooked rice in the fridge. If I don’t have time to prepare lunch before leaving for work or something I just throw in some canned tuna with the rice, together with a few carrots or some other vegetables that doesn’t require preparation.

When I don’t feel like cooking, which is often, I just make a protein smoothie. Takes minutes and the way I make them I can get a good serving a veggies in. Other than that, I usually buy frozen burritos and sometimes I just eat of those if I need to fuel. Not the healthiest thing, but could be worse.