Your Thoughts on Thursday Night GOP Debate

As a side note, my sister in law who is totally ignorant regarding anything to do with politics, entered the room where my wife and I were watching the debate. Cruz happened to be speaking. She took one look at him and said “now there is one ugly man.” Ouch.

As I have been saying the winner of each party must win over the dunderheads like my sister in law. And you don’t do that with a mug like Cruz’s.

The ugly reality is the republicans better get someone who can win over the masses who start paying attention 30-60 days away from the election. That man is not Cruz…sadly.

As an observer from abroad, the two who have impressed me are Cruz and Rubio.

I suspect Cruz will win the nomination, if only because any drop out voters are unlikely to defect to Trump. The evangelist Republicans are unlikely to flow from Carson to Trump, and the Bush and Rubio supporters are never going to Trump.

Cruz put his foot in his mouth, while Trump capitalized on it perfectly, we got a glimpse of him when he is not pulling his Atlantic City lounge act schtick.

I am more interested in seeing how far Hillary will continue to slide, watching Real Time with Bill Maher last night had no love for her waiting for her even on that show. Seems like more Liberals are feeling the Bern more than wanting to make history again, or should I call it herstory.

Rand will follow in his father’s footsteps and do just fine.

Fuck the Republicans. I’m now seriously starting to worry that Sanders will get the Democratic nomination.

After all… Fucking no one likes Hillary Clinton.

Magick,

The DNC will not allow Bernie to carry their banner into the Presidential race. If Hillary goes down for multiple felonies they will toss in Joe Biden. Short of that happening Hillary will defeat Bernie in the primaries (certainly not all of them). But I hope that you’re correct and Bernie defeats Hillary and the DNC allows him the nomination. It will be the biggest republican win since Reagan took down Mondale back in 1984.

Trump went right to liberal political tactics. Also, are you basing your opinion of the debate on what news outlets say? I live in upstate NY and I know what Cruz meant, it wasn’t petty.

Anyone who honestly believes Trump came away on top from that…

Alrightmiami19c

Should he be the nominee Cruz has no chance of winning New York City, or the rest of New York for that matter. Certainly he won a straw poll among republicans in that area they are a minority and are sick of the left wing politicians. Now tell me what does this prove?

As for Iowa I think Cruz helped himself a great deal because no republican Iowan voter has any love for New York liberals. But Trump did win the exchange in the debate, in fact it was one of his finest debate moments.

I know he wouldn’t win NY. The point of the poll is that his comments didn’t dissuade republican voters in NY, the people who would actually cast a vote for him. It doesn’t matter if he pisses off a bunch of NYC commies and Hilary voters.

But, you miss the greater point. He’s not winning New York anyway. And…he impresses Iowa voters by attacking New York values. Therefore, it was a smart move.

I’m basing my opinion on what I saw while watching the debate and then subsequently reading the transcripts.

Yup, that’s it. If you think Cruz lost the exchange you’re just an idiot. Cruz came off like a buffoon regardless of what Trump said or what he actually meant.