Your Thoughts on Amway?

My wife and I are thinking about joining Amway Global to get some extra cash. We have researched the internet, and also the information provided by the Amway mentors.

My question is this.

Is Amway a scam or legit???

It is a legit company, but MLM is not an easy way to get extra cash. They will want you to do seminars, buy marketing materials, etc. Make sure you treat it as a business if you decide to get started. If you want to be successful at it, you gotta put the hours in.

They promise you a rags to riches story, they offer very little in terms of specifics until you have already bought in. In reality, very few make it there. You can research other MLM companies as well. Same advice applies for any of them.

[quote]danmarmu wrote:
It is a legit company, but MLM is not an easy way to get extra cash. They will want you to do seminars, buy marketing materials, etc. Make sure you treat it as a business if you decide to get started. If you want to be successful at it, you gotta put the hours in.

They promise you a rags to riches story, they offer very little in terms of specifics until you have already bought in. In reality, very few make it there. You can research other MLM companies as well. Same advice applies for any of them.[/quote]

It’s legit, however, if you actually start doing it, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE…lay off your friends. It’s the best way to make sure they avoid you.

I have an old friend that cannot stop pitching his friends…in every frickin sentence, multiple times a day.

Thanks guys! I do appreciate it. Any more advice will be appreciated.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:

[quote]danmarmu wrote:

They promise you a rags to riches story, they offer very little in terms of specifics until you have already bought in. In reality, very few make it there. You can research other MLM companies as well. Same advice applies for any of them.[/quote]

It’s legit, however, if you actually start doing it, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE…lay off your friends. It’s the best way to make sure they avoid you.

I have an old friend that cannot stop pitching his friends…in every frickin sentence, multiple times a day.[/quote]

Yeah, I’ve heard this before. lmfao

It’s a legit company, but the premise is faulty. They claim they have the best products, but it is free market forces that ensure product quality, not pyramid marketing (which is what Amway uses). You get people underneath you buying Amway products from you and you make a profit. Then they do the same, and so on and so on. But . . . if your motive for buying a product is NOT the product’s quality or reputation but your own profit motive, what incentive does the producer (Amway) have to really ensure the product responds to consumer demands? The answer is “none.” That is why few people are successful–the products suck compared to commercial brands. Natural market forces are working against the business model.

Here’s my other concern about it (and I’ve heard the formal pitch an number of times): it turns your relationship with family and friends into a pimp-like one. What’s worse, if you are serious about it (and why do it if you aren’t), it causes you to view everyone, including your friends a family, as a business prospect. If that isn’t hell, I don’t know what is.

Give it a pass. There are lots of other ways to make money.

The whole thing with the family concerns me. I will take this all into account.

Is there anyone who has had all positive dealings with Amway???

FUCKING QUIXTAR!!!

It’s a great way to get out of having to go somewhere. Just tell them you want to do a quick amway presentation.

My parents have been in Amway for 40+ years and it’s been positive. They made a lot of money their first 10 years because they worked very hard. Now it’s sort of a supplemental thing.

And it is network marketing, not pyramid.

Yes, it is network marketing and yes, it is a pyramid. Why else is the option to get a part of the income from other distributors if you reel them in? And the discount you get based on previous quantities when buying your Amway products for sales?

So I can tell that this subject is kinda touchy with a few people??

See Davidcox1’s post - There are better ways to make money.

I once joined a friend for an Amway/quistar??presentation and lost 2hrs that I will never get back.

I currently work in sales and this is not a product that most consumers want.

[quote]slippery_banana wrote:
So I can tell that this subject is kinda touchy with a few people??[/quote]

When a close friend or family member approaches you about something like this, and you have to tell them to get lost, it sucks. Sucks even more, years later, when it turns out they didn’t become the millionaires they thought they would.

Print dense but thorough:

[quote]trialdog wrote:
Print dense but thorough:

http://www.vandruff.com/mlm.html[/quote]

Best treatment of this issue I have ever seen. An excellent read.

Amway

Something you partake in when you can’t find real work.

Here is what I got from an Amway pitch-

The actual product is to not the flea spray or what ever bottle of sunshine they have. It is to pitch the person on becoming a successful pitcher(like they are, supposedly).

Anybody who thinks that they are going to build a customer base of people buying the tangible products is a lunatic. The only people who use them are disenchanted buyers who have a metric shitload of crap product that they couldn’t get anybody to buy, or buy into.

So tonight, of all nights, after engaging in this discussion in this thread, I reconnected with an old high school friend on a well-known social networking site. No sooner had we restablished contact than did this friend proceed to pitch me on how to earn six figures in the next 35 days. Oh, the irony.

“I knew my life sucked when my imaginary friend tried to get me on to Amway” - some comedian.