T Nation

Your Supplements?

Just curious what supplements everyone is taking if any? And what they've helped or hurt with. Do you prefer a specific brand over others? I feel like this forum wouldn't be as biased towards Biotest ad the others right now I am taking a whey isolate called inner Armour. It was cheap only like 35 dollars for 4lbs. I am also taking bcaa powder by forza sport and a thermogenic called dioxilean by element. Aside from those just my normal multi vitamin and fish oil

[quote]jkt123 wrote:
Just curious what supplements everyone is taking if any? And what they’ve helped or hurt with. Do you prefer a specific brand over others? I feel like this forum wouldn’t be as biased towards Biotest ad the others right now I am taking a whey isolate called inner Armour. It was cheap only like 35 dollars for 4lbs. I am also taking bcaa powder by forza sport and a thermogenic called dioxilean by element. Aside from those just my normal multi vitamin and fish oil[/quote]

"When Tim Patterson first asked me to try the Plazma protocol, I was skeptical. I know John Meadows uses it and swears by it, which is usually good enough for me. But the stories I kept hearing about Plazma seemed “too good,” and I simply wasn’t convinced. I had to see it work for me.

Now that I’ve been using the stuff for several months, there’s no doubt left in my mind. The Plazma protocol is amazing! And anything that allows me to train harder and reach my goals quicker is worth its weight in gold to me. In fact, I’ve worked with Biotest to help determine the best supplementation for my own training."

Edit: To me one of the better ways to justify where money goes. And also you get what you pay for. I have payed more and I have payed less for supps, when I am not cheap, I notice a dramatic improvement with regards to results.

Lets see,

I fool around with various supplements with varying degrees of success, or lack thereof. Right now I utilize Plazma, MAG-10, Indigo-3G, Metabolic Drive (before bed), Fish Oil, creatine and recently (re)introduced ZMA. After a good 10+ years of experimenting if I had to pick two “must have” supplements they would be Plazma and creatine. Although I like some of the others, I could live without most of them.

I have been wanting to try Plazma protocol for a while now. Funds are low right now but definitely will try it in the future.

I thought this was to get an idea of supplements other than Biotest…

GNC Triple Strength Fish Oil; GNC Tri Flex for Joint Health; GNC Sport Multi-Vitamin; Max Whey Protein Post-Workout.

Fish Oil
Vitamin D (don’t get much sunshine)
Iron
B12

Honestly, just BCAAs from Scivation, the Grape flavor is amazing!!!

I eat whole chickens.

Fish oil and BCAAs seem to help. I don’t think most supplements really do anything. Just money down the toilet. Eat like a horse, train heavy…all you really need.

Whey and carb pre and post workout.
Whey/casein blend with carbs between lunches (two lunches keep the gains coming!)
Casein with some good fats about an hour before bed.
Fish oil throughout the day.
ZMA as I’m getting ready for bed.
Works for me!

Whey
Creatine
Fish oil
Vitamin D
From time to time some multivitamin + magnesium + zink drink (I got these free so what the heck. I drink them when I’m feeling beat up. Do not know if they are any help.)

Only thing I have seen actually working is the creatine. Fish oil and D should be good also.

BCAAs and creatine monohydrate. Occasionally a protein shake, usually whey. Sometimes a pre workout, especially if I train after work.

I dont take supplements like pre workouts an stuff but i take some stuff like
D3
Reveratrol
Baby aspirin
B12
New mood by onnit
Cordyceps
Ashwagandha
Tumeric curcumin
Fish oil
Vitamin c
ZMA
Orange triad multi because of the joint stuff and digestive stuff

Thats about it…

PWO
Whey
Bcaa
Creatine
MCT oil

B12
Fish Oil
Digestive Enzymes

Fish Oil
Vitamin D3

Mexican restaurant combination plates after training.

D aspartic acid
HMB
Creatine
PWO
Taurine
Protein
Fish oil
Joint stuff