Your Secretary of State

I think Push is thinking twice about Barbarella.

What defines a great American? Jane Fonda is no worse than any other Alex Jones libertarian and there are people much worse than either of those two, such as David Duke.

She’s liberal and protested the Vietnam war, big whoop. A LOT of people protested Vietnam and a lot were more aggressive in their protests. Vietnam was a mistake anyway. She’s been a fine promoter of cinema and therefore contributed to the culture of art, at least in some way, in America.

You just don’t like her because she’s on the opposite end of the political spectrum than you.

Since you seem so keen on relieving yourself on someone’s grave, may I recommend a trip to Yorba Linda (CA) to piss on Dick. After all, he actually had power.

Well I have very close relatives who were involved in and victims of the Bosnian war so I’m not oblivious to the atrocities of war and sacrifices of the military.

Fonda has made her peace. She was/is an activist who wasn’t afraid to “go there.” I wouldn’t say ALL Vietnam veterans despise her even though the majority of them probably do for her lack of empathy and perceived “betrayal.”

Ali, who many consider the athlete of the century, didn’t want to take part in war but he’s still a great American because of his talent and what he accomplished. Read: he’s a great American; he’s great and he was born/raised/lived in America (he’s an American).

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
What defines a great American? Jane Fonda is no worse than any other Alex Jones libertarian and there are people much worse than either of those two, such as David Duke.

She’s liberal and protested the Vietnam war, big whoop. A LOT of people protested Vietnam and a lot were more aggressive in their protests. Vietnam was a mistake anyway. She’s been a fine promoter of cinema and therefore contributed to the culture of art, at least in some way, in America.

You just don’t like her because she’s on the opposite end of the political spectrum than you.

Since you seem so keen on relieving yourself on someone’s grave, may I recommend a trip to Yorba Linda (CA) to piss on Dick. After all, he actually had power.[/quote]

Nearly 59,000 citizens of the United States disagree that they gave their lives for a mistake “anyway”.

59,000 U.S. Citizens would disagree that Ms Fonda gets a pass because she’s a ‘fine promoter of cinema’.

You strike me as a person with relatively little worldly and/or life experience. And wholly unaware…

Lots of ire directed at Fonda–which is fine, she’s always been an idiot of the highest order–but it’s worth pointing out that her transgressions amount to insensitivity and insult. The Americans who really fucked those soldiers have libraries named after them.

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:

Since you seem so keen on relieving yourself on someone’s grave, may I recommend a trip to Yorba Linda (CA) to piss on Dick. After all, he actually had power.[/quote]

Thinking celebrities who use their star power makes them qualified to contribute to politics is downright laughable.

These are the same Liberal sissies whining about Global Warming, while driving a gas guzzler and owning a home that drinks electricity.

I was talking to Robert Patrick (the liquid Termninator from T2 Judgment Day) at my gym about this very issue, celebs getting involved in politics. He is a Conservative but cannot be open about it in the Hollywood industry. Actors can be blackballed for taking a position other than Left of Center, which is striking when you consider that that very same party proclaims themselves to the party of tolerance.

Stacey Dash came out in favor of Romney, and she was called everything from a house nigger to a sellout to the Black cause.

The REAL truth is, celebs love to claim Leftism, as long as they can hide their money from taxation too. The moment you subject them to the “raise my taxes” bullshit, you will find them becoming Righties faster than a Libs flock to tofu.