your reasons for lifting?

Oh, after sooooooo many years, hmmmm.

Well, it ain’t for “picking up chicks” D’oh. Even though, I do occasionally get “hit on” by the lesbian crowd. And before your “girl-on-girl” fantasies take over: it’s the more butch chick with a bad case of “plumber butt”. Note: NOT attractive.

My goals are simple: Physically to acquire whatever I need to be able to handle strength-wise. And that’s what’s maintained my interest for lifting. Ultimately the goal is NOT to have to say " I wish I could have (lifted this much…tried my hand at this…etc.)…" at my deathbed. Therefore, I keep on training…

I started lifting in jr.high but do it now because I just love liftin. I too want to be huge or close to it. I have seen alot of huge lifters and said to myself I wanna look like that. Hopefully with alot of hard work I will.

i was the fat kid in grade school who didn’t want to be fat. i got one of those concrete filled weight sets for Xmas and have been lifting ever since.
i would also have to agree with a few of the other posts. i do it now to get the endorphin rush, fight depression, build confidence, and be one strong motherf*****!

In one word, Amanda…

3 reasons:
1.To be large, strong, intimidating. So noone even considers f’in with me.
2. Women, that says enuff
3. Self confidence that permeates the rest of my life.

harkonnen, whats so damn funny?

lumpy, “Because people generally leave you alone when you have some mass, and I want to be left alone.” tru dat.

on the ronnie coleman - unbelievable movie he says “everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but aint nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weights”

another reason i like doing it is because it requires such a high level of discipline (training, dieting, having the knowledge, etc.) that i feel like anything less would be unacceptable. also, after time i’ve come to have a negative attitude and zero respect towards people that don’t do anything to improve themselves mentally or physically. like i said, theres tons of other reasons but it would take me a couple pages to list and explain them all.

MBE - ROTFL - that’s the best post i’ve seen in a while.

I used to lift because it makes me look good. Now, because I’m a little older (damn!) it’s just as important that it makes me feel good mentally.

because every workout is a journey, an exercise in self-discipline, desire, and accomplishment…

Plus the chicks dig it, baby!!!! (that's for you Patricia)

Plus it's kinda cool to have the tools to manipulate the shape and performance of my body at will...

Started out as a fat Narcissistic Bastard and got carried away…now I’m not fat!

Hmm. Well, I have some sort of whacked personality disorder where I simply must do as well as possible in anything I do (a quirk with benefits, for sure, but I digress…).

So, once upon a time when I decided to start going to the gym with a buddy of mine to “get in shape”, it had begun. :slight_smile: