Your Progress in the Last Year?

[quote]MEYMZ wrote:
Drummer what were you taking?

I started at age 15 at 145, lowered to 132 the first two months maybe because I shedded bf, besides I was doing martial arts.

I have gone up to 215, but I didn’t like the way I looked.

Now I’m 19, I weigh 190 and I’m cutting for long until I get the visual results I want.

I’ll be correcting all my physique after that, putting the right mass on the right places.

What a busty babe up there! [/quote]

No steroids, that’s for sure. Just your basic supplements like Superfood, creatine, fish oil, protein powder, multivitamins, fiber supplements, etc.

[quote]drummerofgod89 wrote:
[/quote]

mate great work, are you living at home? if so whats your families take on it?

I started training 2 years ago this month, I weighed in at 98lbs, 5’6".

About 9-10 months ago I was 160lbs (right about when I met my current girlfriend, hmmm… coincidence? lol) and since had an injury and i’m now at 150lbs, 5’8" and just started training again.

So progress from 98lbs to 160lbs in a little over a year:
Deadlift: Bar for 10ish reps to 140kg for 2 reps (308lbs),
bench: 30kg for about 5 reps to 80kg for 5 reps (176lbs)
squat: Bar for 10ish reps to 100kg for 4-5 reps.
dips: 5 bodyweight to 50kg attached for 8 reps (got a pec sprain from that actually)
weighted pull ups: 3 bodyweight to 25kg attached for 3 reps

I would say the best progress I made on a single program was the ‘superhero’ program by CT, in about 4 weeks of that people started to comment on how i was looking which i never had before.

As for now right now; I’ve been DL’ng every other day and doing nothing else but that and some rows and my DL is up to 120kg for a single =/

I assume my squat will be ok because i have been training legs while injured, I haven’t benched, done dips in 5+ months now and I tried pull ups yesterday and could do 8 reps unweighted but they irritated my shoulder a bit.

Looking back I am pretty damned happy with the progress I have made, and it makes me irritated when people shit on me when I give out advice sometimes. Oh well, just another 50lbs of solid muscle before I look like Thibs…

8 months ago:

Weight: 180 lbs
BF: 20%
Bench: 95 lbs
Deadlift: 185 lbs
Squat: 95 lbs

Now:

Weight: 250 lbs
BF: 18%
Bench: 215 (It seriously stalled here about 5 months ago which is why it’s so much lower than my others lifts, which didn’t stall)
Deadlift: 550
Squat: 450

Height: 6’2"

[/quote]

So you’re saying your dead and squat both increased by 350lbs in 8 months? While gaining 70lbs of bodyweight? And lowering your BF?

I find that hard to believe.

My journey over the last 18 months or so is here:

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2149580

Current goal is some size on the arms/shoulders and secondarily increasing press/deadlift/squat (in the context of injury recovery).

May 2007

BW: 175 lbs, 15-16% BF

Estimated 1RM

Bench: 185 lbs
Squat: 205 lbs
Deadlift: 205 lbs
Clean: Unknown
Military: 85 lbs
Row: 95 lbs
Pullups: BW + 40 lbs (always been decent)

Now, May 2008

BW: 205 lbs, 13-14% BF

Bench: 345 lbs (idk how that blew up)
Squat: 405 lbs ATG (weak I know)
Deadlift: 475 lbs (with straps)
Clean: 245 lbs (ish)
Military: 225 lbs +
Row: 265 lbs +
Pullups: BW + 110 lbs

I did WS4SB from May to mid-October… wasn’t really doing it right, was in Japan for a month in June so didn’t lift then. November and December I tried OVT by CT… but I didn’t do it justice because I thought i should cut (dumb) so I didn’t make much progress, was stuck at about 185 lbs… then started Rippetoe’s SS with 2 training partners…

All my lifts blew the fuck up. Started eating like a horse, eating a bit dirtier (I’m 19), drinking lots of milk… the squatting 3 times a week was burning me out so now I’m starting up WS4SB and gonna do it right this time.

Just gotta bust your asses fellas.

jtg987 wrote:
drummerofgod89 wrote:
8 months ago:

Weight: 180 lbs
BF: 20%
Bench: 95 lbs
Deadlift: 185 lbs
Squat: 95 lbs

Now:

Weight: 250 lbs
BF: 18%
Bench: 215 (It seriously stalled here about 5 months ago which is why it’s so much lower than my others lifts, which didn’t stall)
Deadlift: 550
Squat: 450

Height: 6’2"

The first month at college, I went on a suicidal diet and ran 10+ miles daily while eating VERY little. It did work because the diet was so short. I lost a serious amount of bodyfat, and I did this while lifting and I maintained weight at 180 lbs. This was the most miserable month of my life.

I guess my body allowed for building muscle and losing bodyfat at the same time since I was so prone to body recomposition from never having ran or weight lifted before. I dropped to 12% BF.

After the suicidal diet, I began bulking up fast. I ate like a monster, drinking whole milk like water and eating over two dozen eggs a day… just tons of protein in general. I added up my protein intake and it was 500-600 grams daily. I didn’t even want to think of my calorie intake, but I kept it the same because I wasn’t gaining fat too fast.

At first, I was gaining about 13 lbs a month, then it slowed down to about 5, topping off at 250 where I then started to cut. And that’s my story thus far.

fuck mate thats a fair effort, do you have any before and after pictures? either way great progress, keep it up

I do have a few pictures, but nothing great. I’m not even sure if I want to post them, because the only pictures I have of myself that show a lot of my body when I was small are when my marching band for college had a cross-dressing day for practice. But I guess I can post one of each, but no laughing. :stuck_out_tongue:

Before: 180 lbs

After: 250 lbs

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/118/1633972origds5.jpg

[/quote]

gotta say… your bodyfat in the 250lbs pic is going to be much more than 18% OR much more than what it was in the before pic at least.
I know it isnt much of a pic,but it is easy to tell.

I think you may have some BDD issues here…

I can’t remember where I was a year ago, but I’ve gotten serious about lifting about 1.5-2yrs now.

Currently:
Squat: 305
Deadlift: 425
Bench: 255-275(chest is weak as hell, but doesn’t look like it)

I’m really trying to get my legs bigger and increase my strength in chest. Been doing a lot of reading lately and I’m getting closer to fixing it all.

started september 2007, did a bunch of stupid stuff till december, then started rippetoe, but didnt start increasing squats till february

also went from 105 to 92kgs in thattime frame

then got up from 92 to 108kg till … now

got sick once which hindered me a lot, and stopped for 3 weeks during christmas and easter.
i went from(kgs)
585 back squat to 1125 front squat
570 bench press to 195(stopped training it now)
550 overhead press to 270
110 to 180 deadlift
practicing technique on the clean and jerk and the snatch

My progress over the course of the last year was putting on 30lbs of LBM(I know its lean because I came into my show 30lb’s heavier than when I first stepped on stage last year :P)

I don’t max out at all, i lift for bodybuilding purposes only.

As of right now though

Incline Barbell 275 X 8
Flat Bench 315X8
Squat 405 X 5 (This was a while ago, I now only front squat)

I dont deadlift atm(Have pulled 405 X 3 like 2 years ago when i started).

I have pictures from when I started about 2 years ago to current day, but I’m to lazy to upload atm.

18 Months working out, but first 6-8 were wasted doing just cardio for the most part.

18 months ago…
weight 230lbs
bench 105 (sets)
squats 125 (sets)
Chins (good bloody luck getting 1)

today…
weight 190ish
Bench 220 sets
squats 275 sets
chins BW+45 sets

hundreds of dollars on supps, hours in the gym, not being embarrassed when going out with friends… priceless