Your Progress in the Last Year?

Hey guys

Just curious to see how everyone here is doing, progress-wise. Let us know how much your bench/squat/deadlift/any other lift went up, how much weight gained or lost, bf%, anything that you consider progress. I’ll start it off

I started at 130lbs as a freshman in University, and just having finished freshman year I’m about 25lbs heavier, (155, 5’8"), not too high bf%, and my two personal best lifts that I’m proud of are my military press (started at 55lbs, now at 140lbs), and my squat (started at 155, now at 250).

I started training seriously about two years ago. I was about 155 lbs real lean, now im closer to 190. Im 5’ 10". I first started training with a split routine doing the typical 3 x 10 for most of my exercises, caring mostly about my appearance. I found T-Nation, learned alot here, read everything I could. I moved into a full body routine with strength being my main goal.

My bench went up from 135 to its current 275lbs (its been stuck here for about 5 months now). My squat went from a 115 (10rm) to 375 ATG (1rm). My deadlift went from 185 to its current 525(straps, 505 w/o). Im trying to improve my clean and snatch, but I know my form needs improvement. My clean is at 235(1rm)and my snatch at 165(1rm). My goals now are to get my bench past 300, my squat past 400, and my deadlift to 550. I would like to clean more closer to 275 and snatch 190.

we have almost the same goals - but I’ve got a lot more ground to cover then you man! nice job. I hope to have made similar progress when I hit my 2 year mark.

i first picked up a barbell 18 months ago at 140lbs, i was about 130lbs before that, and made very slow minimal progress for about a year just using some dbs at home and doing pushups and stuff.

i am now about 180lbs with maybe 2% more BF.

squat - 110 - 300
deadlift - 165 - 370
bench - 95 - 210
row - 65 - 225
pullups - 5@bw - 5+45lbs

I’m 21 I sarted training 3 years ago but got real serious the last year and a half T-Nation is a big part of the reason why! I started at 140 lb’s at almost 6’1" whith no real stenth worth talking about and around 9% BF! Now Im 173 lb’s and 8.5% BF. I Hope to get to 200 lb’s in 12 months from now!

My lifts are
squat - 235
Deadlift - 305
Bench - 190
Pull ups - Body wheight + 25 lb’s

In the past year my flat bench has gone from maxing three reps at 275 per set to now maxing seven reps per set. My incline bench has gone from three reps per set at 250 to hitting eight reps per set. My max flat bench is 310 and my max incline is 290. From 280 and 245 respectively.

In one more year I hope to be hitting 300 for reps on flat bench and 290 for incline. I am aiming for a max flat bench of 320 to 330. On incline I am shooting for a max of 300 to 310.

My deadlift remains at 405 for six reps and that is constant as I don’t lift to increase that but rather maintain it.

My squat is at 315 for ten deep reps and again I lift to maintain that strength level.

My barbell row for back has increased to 225 for five reps from about 185 for five a year ago.

My focus is my bench, that is the lift I would like to increase my number on.

D

Edit: Shit forgot a year ago I was about 215 down from 228 the previous year and my body fat was about 17 percent. I am now at 200 pounds at about 14 percent bodyfat.

you guys have some solid lifts. if anything this should be motivational for complete newbs - that with a few years of hard work, they can be putting up numbers like these too.

the past year and 1/2 for me have been great. since the 1st week of 2007 i finally understood what periodization means. And utilized the general rules to create a great routine that i will follow forever more ( maybe :slight_smile: )! I also learned how to manipulate cardio and use it as a weight lose and cardio tool. Not to mention, I’ve finaly seen what proper nutrition and timing can do for the body. I learned to manipulate calories to get the effect I need. While I havent mastered any of the above, I finally know I am on the right path and the rest is just tweaking. T-Nation articles have been a big part of some of my growth.

BBA

I forgot to note my lifts:
All natural and always raw! I only workout 3 days a week for about 45 mintues per session.

6’2" 225lbs

Bench: 325
ATG Back Squat: 415
Deadlift: 475

I expect all of these to go up with my recent program change. I was stuck on linear progressio nfor to long an stagnated quickly. After trying every other type of routine on the web. I found the holy grail of lifting Daily Undulating Periodization.

15 months ago I was 5’8, 135 pounds and around 12-13% BF. Now at 190 pounds, 16.5%BF

Performing a mix of home-made and official trainings, I managed to change my scrawny teen frame from calves to traps.
I never tried to figure my 1RM, so here’s my 3RM lol

Benchpress(3RM): 195
DL(3RM): 265
Squat(3RM): 215 (I know this sucks, hate the squat)
Military press(3RM): 125
Pull-ups: My BW record is like 17… (awhile ago, too heavy now -_-’ can’t pull more than 12)

Nice lifts guys, I really want to focus more on functionnal strenght and less on hypertrophy and aesthetics now.

Lost 10 lbs and 10% of bodyfat.

Bench has gone from 225lbs one time to 225lbs 13 times.

I actually do squats and deads now and don’t lift every damn day.

my deadlift went from 120kg to 200kg
my dips went from assisted to using bw+25kg
my chin up’s went from non existent to bw+15kg
military press went from 30kg to 75kg(aiming for 100kg this year)
dumbbell shoulder press went from 17.5kg dumbbells to 37.5kg dumbbells

Sure I’ll bite. Dieted down from 270 where I couldnt squat 95 to 195 where I could squat 135 for 5 reps. Ate enough 8 months later I squat 3 plates for 8.

Finally bench pressed 315, took about a year.

Couldn’t do a single pull up at 195, to doing 10 in a giant set after Rack pulls and bent over rows.

but the greatest accomplishment is learning and continuing to learn what the human body and spirit are capable of even when the odds are against them.

8 months ago:

Weight: 180 lbs
BF: 20%
Bench: 95 lbs
Deadlift: 185 lbs
Squat: 95 lbs

Now:

Weight: 250 lbs
BF: 18%
Bench: 215 (It seriously stalled here about 5 months ago which is why it’s so much lower than my others lifts, which didn’t stall)
Deadlift: 550
Squat: 450

Height: 6’2"

The first month at college, I went on a suicidal diet and ran 10+ miles daily while eating VERY little. It did work because the diet was so short. I lost a serious amount of bodyfat, and I did this while lifting and I maintained weight at 180 lbs. This was the most miserable month of my life. I guess my body allowed for building muscle and losing bodyfat at the same time since I was so prone to body recomposition from never having ran or weight lifted before. I dropped to 12% BF.

After the suicidal diet, I began bulking up fast. I ate like a monster, drinking whole milk like water and eating over two dozen eggs a day… just tons of protein in general. I added up my protein intake and it was 500-600 grams daily. I didn’t even want to think of my calorie intake, but I kept it the same because I wasn’t gaining fat too fast. At first, I was gaining about 13 lbs a month, then it slowed down to about 5, topping off at 250 where I then started to cut. And that’s my story thus far.

[quote]drummerofgod89 wrote:
8 months ago:

Now:

Bench: 215 (It seriously stalled here about 5 months ago which is why it’s so much lower than my others lifts, which didn’t stall)

The first month at college, I went on a suicidal diet and ran 10+ miles daily while eating VERY little. It did work because the diet was so short. I lost a serious amount of bodyfat, and I did this while lifting and I maintained weight at 180 lbs. This was the most miserable month of my life. I guess my body allowed for building muscle and losing bodyfat at the same time since I was so prone to body recomposition from never having ran or weight lifted before. I dropped to 12% BF.

After the suicidal diet, I began bulking up fast. I ate like a monster, drinking whole milk like water and eating over two dozen eggs a day… just tons of protein in general. I added up my protein intake and it was 500-600 grams daily. I didn’t even want to think of my calorie intake, but I kept it the same because I wasn’t gaining fat too fast. At first, I was gaining about 13 lbs a month, then it slowed down to about 5, topping off at 250 where I then started to cut. And that’s my story thus far.
[/quote]

fuck mate thats a fair effort, do you have any before and after pictures? either way great progress, keep it up

Drummer what were you taking?

I started at age 15 at 145, lowered to 132 the first two months maybe because I shedded bf, besides I was doing martial arts.

I have gone up to 215, but I didn’t like the way I looked.

Now I’m 19, I weigh 190 and I’m cutting for long until I get the visual results I want.

I’ll be correcting all my physique after that, putting the right mass on the right places.

What a busty babe up there!

Going into my 6th year of lifting. 1 year of proper nutrition.

Since April 07, I’ve gonna from 263 at god knows what BF to 185 with about 11%.

That’s a nice cutting GetSwole.

30 yo
5-9
was 165 lbs… now 187lbs
bf: ?

Lifting forever, but serious for a year.

I have never maxed out on anything, but this is what I workout with now and how I have progressed:

In the past year:

Body weight pullups: from 3X5 to 4X10
Squats: 3X5-185lbs to 4X6-275lbs
Seated Cable Row: 3X8-90lbs to 4X8-160/180
Deadlift: 3X8-185lbs to 4X8-255lbs
Bench Press: 3X6-135lbs to 4X6-185lbs
Shoulder Press: 3X8-75lbs to 4X8-115lbs

Those are the major changes. Overall stronger and look bigger. Still have a little belly fat, but I’ll get to that later.

11 Months in now…

Started
6’5 340lbs, Very High Body Fat.

Bench - 35lb DBs
Squat - Couldn’t body weight squat.
Deadlift - 100lbs
Dips - 200lbs assistance
Pullups - 220lbs assistance

Now
6’5 290, High Body Fat

Bench - 90lb DBs
Squat - 205
Deadlift - 335
Dips - 20 lbs assistance(set of 5, can do 2 unassisted)
Pullups - 80lbs assistance(set of 5, still a ways off of doing an unassisted)

[quote]jtg987 wrote:
drummerofgod89 wrote:
8 months ago:

Now:

The first month at college, I went on a suicidal diet and ran 10+ miles daily while eating VERY little. It did work because the diet was so short. I lost a serious amount of bodyfat, and I did this while lifting and I maintained weight at 180 lbs. This was the most miserable month of my life.

I guess my body allowed for building muscle and losing bodyfat at the same time since I was so prone to body recomposition from never having ran or weight lifted before. I dropped to 12% BF.

After the suicidal diet, I began bulking up fast. I ate like a monster, drinking whole milk like water and eating over two dozen eggs a day… just tons of protein in general. I added up my protein intake and it was 500-600 grams daily. I didn’t even want to think of my calorie intake, but I kept it the same because I wasn’t gaining fat too fast.

At first, I was gaining about 13 lbs a month, then it slowed down to about 5, topping off at 250 where I then started to cut. And that’s my story thus far.

fuck mate thats a fair effort, do you have any before and after pictures? either way great progress, keep it up[/quote]

I do have a few pictures, but nothing great. I’m not even sure if I want to post them, because the only pictures I have of myself that show a lot of my body when I was small are when my marching band for college had a cross-dressing day for practice. But I guess I can post one of each, but no laughing. :stuck_out_tongue:

Before: 180 lbs

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/1684/smallir6.jpg

After: 250 lbs

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/118/1633972origds5.jpg