Your Pre-Bedtime Meal?

What’s everyone downing these days before they hit the sack. Up until now I haven’t really been downing anything before bed and I was wondering what some suggetions were.

Scoop of Grow!, scoop of Metabolic Drive.

Might switch out the Metabolic Drive for some regular casein when it runs out.

6-8 Raw eggs
2 tbl spoons PB
Some benefiber
Some cocoa powder and splenda.

What I consume most nights.

Cottage cheese
Casein and milk
Almonds

1 serving Metabolic Drive
1/2-1 serving ON whey
5g Leucine
1/2 serving Flameout

-ZMA

-30-45 min later
-100% Casein
-1 Tablespoon Psyllium Husk Fiber
-Fish Oil
-Leucine
-Almonds

Since I don’t have Metabolic Drive or another slow digesting powder, I use just my basic whey protein bulk powder with two tablespoons of natural peanut butter.

• Scoop Grow!Whey
  • Cup or so of cottage cheese (whole)
  • Couple T. of ground flaxseed
  • sometimes a T. or so of Nat. PB.
  • a little whole milk or water for mixing

1.5 servings Metabolic Drive
Coconut Milk
2-3 Tbsp ground flaxseed

1 cup cottage cheese
A little bit (1/4 scoop?) of Surge for flavor

Depending on conditions:

A) Two scoops Low-Carb Metabolic Drive with 1/2 tbsp coconut oil. If it’s cool in the house then I have the coconut oil separately; if warm then in the shake. (The dividing point being whether the coconut oil is liquid or not.) The amount of coconut oil can also be greater. Or optionally olive oil can be added, 1/2 tbsp or greater. The total amount of oil added is no more than 2 tbsp.

B) One scoop Low-Carb Metabolic Drive with 3 raw eggs, or if 2 eggs than 1 1/3 scoops Metabolic Drive, or ff 1 egg than 1 2/3 scoops Metabolic Drive. Optionally some coconut oil or coconut and olive oil according to amount of Metabolic Drive.

I generally don’t use plain water but rather take water from a gallon jug prepared earlier in the day with 1 tbsp each sea salt, potassium chloride, and Vitamin C; 1/2 tbsp taurine; 1 ounce “Acai Splash” brand fruit antioxidant liquid concentrate; one capsule of a powdered polyphenol concentrate product; and either one capsule of a powdered pomegranate concentrate product if I have it which I prefer to have and works out cheaper per amount of pomegranate juice equivalent, or 2 ounces pomegranate juice if I do not.

Not that plain water doesn’t work, but I like getting the extra electrolytes and antioxidants across the day as well as for the pre-bedtime shake.

One scoop Metabolic Drive
Two tablespoons Natural PB

Once I put in an order, I will be going with:

2 scoops Metabolic Drive
2 scoops chia seeds (~ 160 calories; 30g total)
1 tbsp macadamia nut oil
.5 to 1 tsp cinnamon (maybe)
500 mg bromelain
1 probiotic (15 strain, 35 billion CFU)

8ish oroes dipped in PB with however much whole milk I feel like chugging. Plus a jug of cottage cheese.

About 1800 calories.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Depending on conditions:

A) Two scoops Low-Carb Metabolic Drive with 1/2 tbsp coconut oil. If it’s cool in the house then I have the coconut oil separately; if warm then in the shake. (The dividing point being whether the coconut oil is liquid or not.) The amount of coconut oil can also be greater. Or optionally olive oil can be added, 1/2 tbsp or greater. The total amount of oil added is no more than 2 tbsp.

B) One scoop Low-Carb Metabolic Drive with 3 raw eggs, or if 2 eggs than 1 1/3 scoops Metabolic Drive, or ff 1 egg than 1 2/3 scoops Metabolic Drive. Optionally some coconut oil or coconut and olive oil according to amount of Metabolic Drive.

I generally don’t use plain water but rather take water from a gallon jug prepared earlier in the day with 1 tbsp each sea salt, potassium chloride, and Vitamin C; 1/2 tbsp taurine; 1 ounce “Acai Splash” brand fruit antioxidant liquid concentrate; one capsule of a powdered polyphenol concentrate product; and either one capsule of a powdered pomegranate concentrate product if I have it which I prefer to have and works out cheaper per amount of pomegranate juice equivalent, or 2 ounces pomegranate juice if I do not.

Not that plain water doesn’t work, but I like getting the extra electrolytes and antioxidants across the day as well as for the pre-bedtime shake.[/quote]

why do I picture your kitchen filled with beakers and bunsen burners, pipettes and test tubes

a slice of multi-grain bread with natural peanut butter or sometimes 1/2cup of sweet potato and 1/2scoop of Grow! Whey

Bill,

I’ve been using Celtic sea salt myself. I like to take about 1/4 tsp of it in 32 oz of a per-workout shake.

1 scoop Grow! Whey
about a serving of natural PB
Cal Coundown Choc Milk
and sometimes some heavy whipping cream

Delicious

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
Bill,

I’ve been using Celtic sea salt myself. I like to take about 1/4 tsp of it in 32 oz of a per-workout shake.[/quote]

Your thinking must work out identically, as that’s the same (as I’m sure you noticed) as 1 tsp per gallon, as I do.

I use the Redmond brand “Ancient All Natural Sea Salt” on the theory that salt from millions of years ago doesn’t have natural pollutants. I don’t know if other brands such as the Celtic are made from modern ocean water or are also from long-ago deposits: just a simple lack of knowledge on my part. Plus the Redmond brand is locally available here.

I just know the Celtic brand has 8% magnesium as opposed to the 2% I see on other sea salts. By virtue of that higher figure I assume that Celt sea salt has more minerals in general (not simply magnesium) and therefore prefer it.

I take some in a PWO drink as well to replenish electrolytes/salt but definitely pre- and during if the workout is to be intense, so that my body will not lose water as fast (because of the intake of sodium).

I know in FL I have heard construction workers be advised to increase their salt intake so they do not dehydrate. So, that is the basis of my logic.