Your Physique isn't Impressive, STFU

why are you so concerned with being PC and polite? no, im not putting shit in verbal form the same i would for a fucking final exam or something. people dont talk like that in the real world. you wanna be a cunt and get in my face about some shit i dont wanna hear…ok ill tell you to fuck off, in one way or another.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
why are you so concerned with being PC and polite? no, im not putting shit in verbal form the same i would for a fucking final exam or something. people dont talk like that in the real world. you wanna be a cunt and get in my face about some shit i dont wanna hear…ok ill tell you to fuck off, in one way or another.
[/quote]

How many times has anyone come up to you in a gym to note how wrong you are lifting? This must only happen to people who don’t look like they lift regularly.

There is a much greater chance that this guy is a huge asshole who has bad form that everyone else notices than him being an advanced lifter with 20" arms who knows how to lift.

[quote]Guerrero wrote:

“Look, lady, I don’t come to you and slap the dicks out of your mouth, so leave me the fuck alone you don’t what I’m doing, and if you did you’d feel like a huge jackass.”

[/quote]

2 things happened here, in reality:

1. You didn’t say that. Which means you came on an internet forum and lied about verbally abusing some poor woman to try to sound tough. That’s painfully pathetic.

2. You actually said that. Which means you’re a monstrous asshole.

Sounds like a lose-lose to me.

[/quote]

I think you and the OP should start your own gym… called “Asshole Gym”. Then you both (along with other know-it-all, woman-hating, insecure douchebags)can strut around all angry and shit and admire how out of control your anger gets when someone good-naturedly offers advice.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:

Sounds like a lose-lose to me.[/quote]

Or loser-loser.

Guerrero, you have 3 posts here, bud. You come off like a complete, immature jackass. If you REALLY want to convince us that you’re so strong and capable, and that you REALLY know what you’re doing, to the point where people shouldn’t be offering you advice, feel free to post a picture.

I suspect the reason you’re getting annoying, unsolicited advice is that you probably look and act like you really, really need it.

I thought it was a funny story, especially the “slap the dicks out of your mouth” part.

[quote]Love2Lift wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:

I think you and the OP should start your own gym… called “Asshole Gym”. Then you both (along with other know-it-all, woman-hating, insecure douchebags)can strut around all angry and shit and admire how out of control your anger gets when someone good-naturedly offers advice.[/quote]

im sorry, are you reading this the same as i am? there is hardly anything “good natured” about how this woman or any of these people for that matter approached him.

maybe this guy just does suck at lifting, i dont know. all i can go with is what has been provided. and i dont hate women, i love bitches. i dont need to start that gym either because where i go people dont give you advice when they shouldnt. the cardio and circuit training playground is segregated from the weights anyway and i rarely ever tread through that estrogen contaminated swamp.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
2 things happened here, in reality:

1. You didn’t say that. Which means you came on an internet forum and lied about verbally abusing some poor woman to try to sound tough. That’s painfully pathetic.

2. You actually said that. Which means you’re a monstrous asshole.

Sounds like a lose-lose to me.[/quote]

QFT

And Professor X said it right, if so many people are coming up to him with advice, something’s wrong. There’s nothing wrong with trying out new workouts or working on form, but apparently people have been offering him advice on multiple workouts.

No one likes a workout know-it-all, but no one likes a total prick either.

are you all mentally retarded?

im going by this situation as the way he expressed it which means this lady came off like a total fucking cunt. how the hell does she have the right to come up and start telling this guy to “take his EGO (im guessing she emphasized the word how he illustrated it) out of his lifting” while hes trying to perform a lift with perfect form? she fucking deserved it. ill be damned if anyone who isnt bodybuilder-esque starts telling me how to do anything in the gym especially an old bitch.[/quote]

Yeah, man, I mean totally. Like why should HE have to be the reasonable one to just say “thanks” and go on about his workout in whatever way he chooses. Or God forbid, why should HE have to buy an ipod or a discman. I mean it’s not like being flagrantly rude adn disgusting to someone who didnt know any better and thought they were helping wouldnt work. Hard core, bra. Hard core.

im sorry, are you reading this the same as i am? there is hardly anything “good natured” about how this woman or any of these people for that matter approached him.[/quote]

The lady didn’t seem good natured, but she didn’t seem bitchy either. It sounded to me like she was trying to give good advice, but should’ve gone about it in a different way. However, that’s absolutely no excuse to say what he did to her. No matter what happens between me and a woman, they get respect. I don’t care if a woman takes a plate off of my leg press machine while I’m between sets (which has happened before), she still gets respect. No excuse for it otherwise, at least in a gym setting.

[quote]christine wrote:
Bauer97 wrote:

Sounds like a lose-lose to me.

Or loser-loser.
[/quote]

Agreed.

On a side note; there appears to be a new crop of T-Nation posters who are desperately trying to come off as “hardcore”. Although they barely look like they themselves lift, they make up for it cursing a lot in their posts, being all around jerks and finishing most of their posts with, “I don’t give a fuck what anyone thinks.”

I guess it’s only normal; for a while the pendulum had swung too far in the other direction(ie: people being excruciatingly anal with their diets and training) that this type of backlash occurs.

Pity, as I don’t care for either approach. It’s as if people can only be black or white in the way they think.

well, if i was getting pestered by people constantly when i didnt need it and then someone who CLEARLY shouldnt give advice starts to preach and does it with a codesending attitude then i would do the exact same thing. i dont see anything wrong with what he did. i swear i feel like were all reading different things or something.
im sure this guy was clearly frustrated and it was the last straw or something, why are you all gettin so sensitive for?

dont get me wrong i wouldnt go out cussing out old women for no reason nor do i condone it. i dont think i need to defend myself about it either but my gym etiquitte is: the only time you talk to someone is if you know them, and keep it brief, or ask someone “how many more you got?” and of course if a chance to hit on a girl presents itself. other than that, shut up, focus on your lifts, get big to the point where people will come to YOU.

well, if i was getting pestered by people constantly when i didnt need it and then someone who CLEARLY shouldnt give advice starts to preach and does it with a codesending attitude then i would do the exact same thing. [/quote]

Point is only the jerks, ill-informed and people who need advice are pestered constantly.

If he knew what he was doing, or looked like he knew what he was doing, no one would say anything to him except maybe to ask for advise.

EDIT: I am guessing by your defending him that you are often given unsolisited advice?

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1885033

Take a look at this thread and see what you sound like…[/quote]

I think he meant to post there. I sincerely hope he somehow made that mistake.

you sir(OP), are a jackass.

You need to develope something called a sense of humor, you should have one since you stole the “slap the dicks out of your mouth” line from the Pit Pat episode of Mr. Show.
I had a similiar situation here is how you should handle it. I loaded 5 plates per side, ready to squat, some guy walked up to me said “Hey man if you squat wrong you’ll break your back with that weight, sure you can handle it” I looked at him with a big smile and said " I know the drill, back tight, and ass to grass" I then gave him the thumbs up and he smiled and gave it back.
You catch more flies with honey, than vinegar

Be cool with people the rewards are ten fold

[quote]christine wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
well, if i was getting pestered by people constantly when i didnt need it and then someone who CLEARLY shouldnt give advice starts to preach and does it with a codesending attitude then i would do the exact same thing.

Point is only the jerks, ill-informed and people who need advice are pestered constantly.

If he knew what he was doing, or looked like he knew what he was doing, no one would say anything to him except maybe to ask for advise.

EDIT: I am guessing by your defending him that you are often given unsolisited advice?[/quote]

no one has ever given me advice except one guy who is bodybuilder-eque, gave me guidance on the lat pulldown because i was just coming from training at home and hadnt done them before.
other than that people dont say shit to me unless its someone i know and im just casually talking to them.

im defending him because the woman is portrayed as being a complete bitch while you all make her to be fucking mother theresa or something.

It’s annoying when people give unsolicited advice, especially when the advice sucks.

But by being rude in return, you’re lowering yourself WAY beneath their level.

Hitting on women in the gym is not cool either.

[quote]Rocky101 wrote:
You need to develope something called a sense of humor, you should have one since you stole the “slap the dicks out of your mouth” line from the Pit Pat episode of Mr. Show.
I had a similiar situation here is how you should handle it. I loaded 5 plates per side, ready to squat, some guy walked up to me said “Hey man if you squat wrong you’ll break your back with that weight, sure you can handle it” I looked at him with a big smile and said " I know the drill, back tight, and ass to grass" I then gave him the thumbs up and he smiled and gave it back.
You catch more flies with honey, than vinegar

Be cool with people the rewards are ten fold[/quote]

your situation seems waaaay different. guy was just being concerned with your health, thats all and he didnt come off as a prick either. 5 plates a side is a lot of weight. hardly comparable to cable-curling where the worst that could happen is you drop the it and the stacks a clang noise.