Your Physique isn't Impressive, STFU

I’ve been lurking this site, and just wanted to vent.

Why does everyone with a gym membership and a lil bit of regularlity think they have the right the right to fucking preach to other people in the gym?

It’s just pissing me off.

I’ve lifted at the YMCA, 24 Hourfitness, and a local hard ass gym noones ever heard of.

All of them had a lot of fucking know it all people with no strength or ability, who read an article, or yapped with some guy “guns.” And now they think they have the right to preach to other fucking people.

The only place where this doesn’t happen to me, and the new place I lift, is my school…therefore, I’m only going to lift at my school for now on. Cuz I actually like the people in my weight room.

Examples of this bullshit:

Some dumb old bitch says, doing some wierd aerobic cardio shit in an outfit out of the 80s with 5 lbs weights, is working out.

I’m minding my own fucking business, and go to do some 60 lbs db curls, (after I’ve done some other arm work), because I always try to up the weight.

After this I decided I wanted to practice my form on some cable machines as I never really used cable machines before, only free weights. So I was trying to learn good form from a book, and did a few reps.

Anyways, stupid female comes up and is like “You know, you’re only doing 1 or 2 reps on these machines, you NEED to take your EGO out of your LIFTING, and you’ll get a lot better that way, you should be doing at lot more reps, and you CURL too much, you should be doing 20s, since you’re new at this gym.”

“Look, lady, I don’t come to you and slap the dicks out of your mouth, so leave me the fuck alone you don’t what I’m doing, and if you did you’d feel like a huge jackass.”

She gets furious goes ape shit and storms off.

Another time, there’s this black dude, who is like staring at me when I’m about to squat. He comes over like fucking action jackson, one of those like fat ass “I USED TO PLAY FOOTBALL TYPES” and he’s like, are YOU SURE YOU KNOW HOW TO SQUAT.

He starts breaking down some kind of high school lecture on the dangers of squatting poorly.

I appreicated it and all, but can I just fucking lift? I mean, fuck can I just fucking lift?

I mean, some lil dork ass, pencil neck dude, comes up to me when I worked out at the YMCA, and I was using one of those stupid benchpress fake ass machines, and maxing it out. And he comes up like, WOAH DUDE, YOU ARE DOING TOO MUCH WEIGHT! Why are you trying to lift that much, I have been lifting for 3 years, and I never push up that much weight. Blah blah blah…I’m thinking, why the fuck does this dude care, I’m just trying to lift, do you come up in here and talk or something, is this your hang out.

The worst is the dude who tries to come up to me at a fitness club, and talk shit on my form, my whatever, cuz he is prolly a personal trainer. Try to act like we’re buds and be a total dipshit and be like, “WELL YOU NEED TO EAT 24% carbs and blah blah, and you need to only lift so many days a week, blah blah.”

Usually this guy is pretty fit, kinda fit but nothing spectacular. Just some bothersome selfcentered prick, who thinks he’s a know it all.

I could go on and on.

Anyways that’s my vent, I just had to get this shit out.

Why the fuck are there so many annoying jack asses in gyms?

[quote]Guerrero wrote:
I’ve been lurking this site, and just wanted to vent.

Why does everyone with a gym membership and a lil bit of regularlity think they have the right the right to fucking preach to other people in the gym?

It’s just pissing me off.

I’ve lifted at the YMCA, 24 Hourfitness, and a local hard ass gym noones ever heard of.

All of them had a lot of fucking know it all people with no strength or ability, who read an article, or yapped with some guy “guns.” And now they think they have the right to preach to other fucking people.

The only place where this doesn’t happen to me, and the new place I lift, is my school…therefore, I’m only going to lift at my school for now on. Cuz I actually like the people in my weight room.

Examples of this bullshit:

Some dumb old bitch says, doing some wierd aerobic cardio shit in an outfit out of the 80s with 5 lbs weights, is working out.

I’m minding my own fucking business, and go to do some 60 lbs db curls, (after I’ve done some other arm work), because I always try to up the weight.

After this I decided I wanted to practice my form on some cable machines as I never really used cable machines before, only free weights. So I was trying to learn good form from a book, and did a few reps.

Anyways, stupid female comes up and is like “You know, you’re only doing 1 or 2 reps on these machines, you NEED to take your EGO out of your LIFTING, and you’ll get a lot better that way, you should be doing at lot more reps, and you CURL too much, you should be doing 20s, since you’re new at this gym.”

“Look, lady, I don’t come to you and slap the dicks out of your mouth, so leave me the fuck alone you don’t what I’m doing, and if you did you’d feel like a huge jackass.”

She gets furious goes ape shit and storms off.

Another time, there’s this black dude, who is like staring at me when I’m about to squat. He comes over like fucking action jackson, one of those like fat ass “I USED TO PLAY FOOTBALL TYPES” and he’s like, are YOU SURE YOU KNOW HOW TO SQUAT.

He starts breaking down some kind of high school lecture on the dangers of squatting poorly.

I appreicated it and all, but can I just fucking lift? I mean, fuck can I just fucking lift?

I mean, some lil dork ass, pencil neck dude, comes up to me when I worked out at the YMCA, and I was using one of those stupid benchpress fake ass machines, and maxing it out. And he comes up like, WOAH DUDE, YOU ARE DOING TOO MUCH WEIGHT! Why are you trying to lift that much, I have been lifting for 3 years, and I never push up that much weight. Blah blah blah…I’m thinking, why the fuck does this dude care, I’m just trying to lift, do you come up in here and talk or something, is this your hang out.

The worst is the dude who tries to come up to me at a fitness club, and talk shit on my form, my whatever, cuz he is prolly a personal trainer. Try to act like we’re buds and be a total dipshit and be like, “WELL YOU NEED TO EAT 24% carbs and blah blah, and you need to only lift so many days a week, blah blah.”

Usually this guy is pretty fit, kinda fit but nothing spectacular. Just some bothersome selfcentered prick, who thinks he’s a know it all.

I could go on and on.

Anyways that’s my vent, I just had to get this shit out.

Why the fuck are there so many annoying jack asses in gyms?[/quote]

They’re everywhere.

Two things, train at a home gym, garage gym, or similiar situation. Or get a lot bigger and stronger looking. Once you’re big and strong looking, people don’t do such ridiculous things to you.

u sound like an ass especially if you said that too the woman, you need too look in the mirror and seriously question yourself.

now i have people come up to me all the time generally i just listen and wait till they leave me alone also keeping ear phones in helps.

theres one personal trainer at my gym who would weigh MAYBE 60kg at 5’9, he always comes up to me whenever I deadlift or do rack pulls and always comments on my form saying i’ll end up with a slip disc, now i’ve never had any discomfort in the way i lift but one day i thought hey ill get him to show me…i managed to fuck my back for the next week doing it his way…

moral of the story, you dont need to be a jackass to people, your not hardcore, you dont deserve to scream lightweight before a set, and creatine isnt a steroid

treat people with respect and theyll treat you with respect

I think you need to understand that not everyone is on the same wavelength.

Also, I think you’ve got issues and need anger management. But that’s just my opinion.

[quote]swissrugby67 wrote:
I think you need to understand that not everyone is on the same wavelength.

Also, I think you’ve got issues and need anger management. But that’s just my opinion.

[/quote]
True, I do find it funny that no one comes up to me when I’m at a regular gym and offers me advice. there is a good chance that this guy is small, weak, and doesn’t know what he’s doing.

Hell, even when I was small I was very seldom offered advice. Maybe it had to do with good form on my exercises and seeming to know what I’m doing.

Seriously, who really needs to perfect their form on cable curls?

[quote]Guerrero wrote:
[/quote]

You’re a retard.

The fact that you had the nerve to say to a woman “I dont come and slap the cocks out of your mouth” (granted you said that) is fucking absurd.

Learn some fucking humility. If you were really all that impressive, chances are people might be noting what you are doing, instead of trying to correct you.

That, and you really need to chill the fuck out. If you’re getting this upset over something so insignificant, I cant imagine how pissed you’re going to get over something that holds some weight.

…and it’s YOUR not You’re. Fuck.

and its itz not it’s fuckin tard.

anyway, thats lame dude i feel bad for you getting pestered all the time. i dont think you were wrong in telling a lady you dont slap the cocks out of her mouth, thats pretty fucking funny and she shouldnt have said shit to you anyway.

people keep their mouths shut here, i dont know, maybe its because i live in Boston where people are notorious for minding their own business (to the point where its considered “unfriendly”).

You don’t disrespect a women like that.

You’re pathetic.

I have never had anyone come over to me to tell me how to do anything and I’m a 125 lb woman in a hard core male dominated gym. I’m usually one of maybe three women per 25+ men. It tells me I’m probably doing something right.

Another thing to note is if you are young people are going to see you as a kid and give you advice that isn’t always wanted. That’s just the way it is. The football guy sounds like he was trying to be helpful to a young kid which is a nice thing. The older woman did sound like a bitch but the fitness guy again could have been trying to be helpful. A good way to handle situations like that would be to engage in a brief conversation throwing out what you do know. If you are truly knowledgable it will show in the way you carry yourself and converse and he’ll walk away impressed or embarrassed for trying to lecture you.

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1885033

Take a look at this thread and see what you sound like…

Judging from the way you’re talking, I doubt that your physique is impressive, so perhaps you should take your own advice.

Someone probably commented on your squats because your form looked like shit and you weren’t hitting depth.

If someone told me what you told that woman, they would be beaten with a barbell.

[quote]buckeye girl wrote:
Judging from the way you’re talking, I doubt that your physique is impressive, so perhaps you should take your own advice.

Someone probably commented on your squats because your form looked like shit and you weren’t hitting depth.

If someone told me what you told that woman, they would be beaten with a barbell. [/quote]

T-Vixens rock.

[quote]buckeye girl wrote:

If someone told me what you told that woman, they would be beaten with a barbell. [/quote]

Haha I agree 100% with the above. I’m thinking there is a reason why people are coming up to you and trying to help!

are you all mentally retarded?

im going by this situation as the way he expressed it which means this lady came off like a total fucking cunt. how the hell does she have the right to come up and start telling this guy to “take his EGO (im guessing she emphasized the word how he illustrated it) out of his lifting” while hes trying to perform a lift with perfect form? she fucking deserved it. ill be damned if anyone who isnt bodybuilder-esque starts telling me how to do anything in the gym especially an old bitch.

I thought I might add, if people offer you advice you should listen. What that woman told you may well have been useless but every X amount of times you’ll learn something great.

Everyone seems to be pointing out that they’ve “never” been offered advice as if it’s some kind of dreaded disease. Surely some of you learnt stuff that way?

Heck, I was lifting for a year before I knew about T Nation. If it wasn’t for MensHealth workouts I wouldn’t even have started going to the gym and if it wasn’t for the skinniest guy in the gym I wouldn’t have heard about T Nation.

Moral of this story: Listening to people is a good thing. Being polite is a good thing. You’re a jackass.

Let’s see. I have only one time been given unsolicited advise.

I am occasionally approached by other gym members asking for advise.

Sometimes when doing an exercise I am told that it looks hard.

I have been told that when I do chin-ups or pull-ups that it’s impressive.

I was asked recently if I competed in a sport. I just do this for fun.

I’m glad there are no tools like you at my gym.

Same here, in fact I started a thread about this yesterday. In all the gyms I’ve ever gone to, 99% of people are polite and I’ve never gotten someone randomly giving me advice without my asking.

[quote]tom63 wrote:

True, I do find it funny that no one comes up to me when I’m at a regular gym and offers me advice.
[/quote]

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
are you all mentally retarded?

im going by this situation as the way he expressed it which means this lady came off like a total fucking cunt. how the hell does she have the right to come up and start telling this guy to “take his EGO (im guessing she emphasized the word how he illustrated it) out of his lifting” while hes trying to perform a lift with perfect form? she fucking deserved it. ill be damned if anyone who isnt bodybuilder-esque starts telling me how to do anything in the gym especially an old bitch.[/quote]

Yes. We are all mentally retarded.

Sure, she may well have said the word “ego” but being a member of the “few” people that actually lift weights you’ve got to put up with peoples stereotypes. There was no need (Unless you’re a 14 year old emo that hates the world) to tell her he’d slap the cocks out of her mouth. A more docile approach would be more suited.

ie; I appreciate your concern but I do not think you are in a situation to offer me any advice regarding my weight lifting.

GAWD DAYYYUUUHM was that hard or what?

People like this guy are the main problem in most gyms. They fuck up equipment by banging all of the weight on the machines by using way more than they should. This fool takes it to another level by being resistant to everyone just trying to help him out. There is no help for people like this.

Any time several people begin trying to correct you in a gym, the problem is likely NOT them.

I have never had anyone come up to me and correct me like that. However, as a beginner, I would have been open to criticism, especially by people who are bigger than me.

The moment you get women correcting you in the gym, chances are you are one huge pussy.