Your Opinion of Klokov Power Weekend?

CT, I’m sure you’ve already seen the videos. What is your personal opinion of the event and exercise selection?
Personally, with Klokov himself being so popular, I think it might actually be a successful alternative to Supertotal, which doesn’t seem that popular nowadays.

I think it was very cool. Obviously the lifts he selected were his own favorite training lifts. I love the concept but I might have used different movements.

I love that he had:
Thrusters
Front squats
Clean & press

I would have preferred a regular snatch instead of a hang snatch, or maybe a snatch from blocks since most of these guys can do more from blocks it would have been cool to see.

I didn’t like or hate the jerk from racks and I didn’t like the snatch deadlift, which for these guys is mostly a test of grip strength

Thanks. I’m pretty sure that some of those movements were chosen to appeal to Crossfit competitors, seeing as Klokov has invested quite a lot into CF himself. Do you think he might bring the idea of this competition to NA? If you had a strong enough trainee, would you send him to test himself in those lifts during a competition? Especially considering that the results were compared using the Sinclair method.
Also: do you think this exercise selection might cause less/more injuries than Supertotal if somebody trains them seriously?

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
I think it was very cool. Obviously the lifts he selected were his own favorite training lifts. I love the concept but I might have used different movements.

I love that he had:
Thrusters
Front squats
Clean & press

I would have preferred a regular snatch instead of a hang snatch, or maybe a snatch from blocks since most of these guys can do more from blocks it would have been cool to see.

I didn’t like or hate the jerk from racks and I didn’t like the snatch deadlift, which for these guys is mostly a test of grip strength[/quote]
snatch from blocks would have been awesome.

Snatch from the blocks would have been a great choice.

I was surprised by the relative low results on the press. Obviously, they don’t train it much.

The old, pre-1973 records for the press are mind-boggling. Sure, those presses weren’t strict presses, but stil…