Your Nutrition Plan on Incorporating Fat's. Let's See It!

Trying to put together my jarred knowledge of fats and how to incorporate a good 20-30% of them into my bulking diet. seeing others always gives me a better understanding of my own.

Let’s see your nutrition plan and how you get the right amounts of fats into your diet.

eat eggs, nuts, beef, olive oil, salmon, Flameout, etc

eating those will take care of your fat needs, don’t over complicate fats, it’s not hard to get what you need

the tag-along fats in most foods (meats, eggs, dairy, fat added in cooking etc.) will put you right about at 20-30%. you can add a little “healthy fat” (olive oil, fish oil) to salads if you want.

that’s about it really, nothing much to it.

Supplement your diet with fish oil. Try to incorporate salmon and nuts/nut butters. When stir frying, cook with coconut oil or macademian nut oil. Put EVOO on your salads and veggies. Other then that, you’ll get your animal fats in from your poultry and beef. Also, depending on your caloric/macro goals whole eggs will do the trick.

easy. DON’T BE AFRAID OF FAT!

I’m currently gaining weight and eating low-carb… not the fastest way to gain, but for me it’s helped minimize fat accumulation.

Training days tend to see more carbs (200-300g), while off days are low (100g or less).

Regardless of amount, i eat carbs in the morning and pre/post workout, and fats (with little or no carbs) throughout the rest of the day. All meals have protein.

As far as ratios go, fat (mostly from olive oil) is anywhere between 40-50% of calories for the day. Protein is around 40%, and carbs tend to be between 10-20%. It’s been working well so far.

i find it funny that the people who often say don’t be afraid of fat are often have a morbid fear of carbs (I’m not saying that’s you ghost so don’t take offense)

here’s an idea, why not include sufficient amounts of all three macronutrients in every nutrition plan. then you don’t have to avoid fat OR carbs.

back to the OP’s post: what kind of protein sources are you eating? if you’re having trouble adding fats to your diet, you can often save money while ensuring adequate fat intake by choosing less-lean cuts of meat, which are often much cheaper. (chicken legs & thighs are often the cheapest)

I’d say it’s better for most people to increase calories by eating fattier meat rather than bagles and sugar. A basic bullshit free whole food diet.

All Meats
Eggs
Full Fat Dairy
Vegetables
Fruit

[quote]Majin wrote:
I’d say it’s better for most people to increase calories by eating fattier meat rather than bagles and sugar. A basic bullshit free whole food diet.

All Meats
Eggs
Full Fat Dairy
Vegetables
Fruit
[/quote]

well, sure bagels and sugar, but don’t lump all carbs as equal to those.

I’ve been in agreement with JMuo twice today, i’m skeered

[quote]Majin wrote:

All Meats
Eggs
Full Fat Dairy
Vegetables
Fruit
[/quote]

there are other carb sources besides “teh evilz” bagles and sugar, let’s not forget that.

and let’s also not forget that while a good amount of fat in a diet is helpful, more doesn’t always = better. and someone who is already getting ~30-35% of their calories from fat should probably look elsewhere when considering adding in additional calories.

but this is getting off track. OP had his question answered. moving on.

Nuts (watch carb content if low carbing)
Red Meat
Olive Oil
Cheese

Macros are AD-esque 60/40 Fat/Protein. I try not to go over the 60 and I try to get all my fat sources from food instead of lathering things in mayonnaise.

Working well so far.

[quote]Invictica wrote:
Red Meat
Olive Oil
Cheese

Macros are AD-esque 60/40 Fat/Protein. I try not to go over the 60 and I try to get all my fat sources from food instead of lathering things in mayonnaise.

Working well so far. [/quote]

wheres the problem with mayonnaise?
its made from sun flower oil (contains mostly omega-6 fatty acids but still better than saturated fat) and i like to put it on chicken when bulking

[quote]jenz wrote:
Invictica wrote:
Red Meat
Olive Oil
Cheese

Working well so far.

wheres the problem with mayonnaise?
its made from sun flower oil (contains mostly omega-6 fatty acids but still better than saturated fat) and i like to put it on chicken when bulking[/quote]

Makes my tummy turn. I did the mayonnaise with chicken for awhile and I just didn’t feel too shit hot. I substituted the mayonnaise with nuts and hit better macros that way.

To each his own, whatever works, works.

Yeah, I pretty much know all these things but I’m kind of a perfectionist when it comes to my nutrition and want to make sure I’m getting all the right kinds of fats at all the right times ya know.

Just purchased a few bottles of extra virgin olive oil at Costco. With each Tbsp spoon at 10g monounsaturated and 2g polyunsaturated, this stuff is money!

Thanks for the feedback homies! Every bit helps.