Your Next Weapon

Push,
Great topic. I bought a Glock 41 last year, you will not be disappointed.

I have decided to sell some guns that I don’t use and over the next two years, my goal is to try and obtain these three:

MIAI Scout Rifle:

M4 Cerakote Tactical Shotgun:

1911 Marine SOG. I have 3 1911’s, but, 4 is such a better number:)

Push, that’s a nice selection. I was going on the low budget version of your choices:

A 1911 .45. It was my sidearm as a Cav Scout Track commander, and I’m comfortable with one.

Probably one from ATI, since I can find them for maybe $400,

Build/buy a AR rifle with the lower receiver set up so I can go 5.56/7.62 x 39 by changing out the upper receiver.

And a cheap 12 gauge pump.

Those are super fun to shoot. Nothing quite like the feeling of working that lever haha.

I don’t know too much about guns yet but my first, when I get it, will be some sort of 9mm. I love the 1911 but the ammo is so fuckin’ expensive. So that’s going to be a down-the-road purchase.

I don’t own any Glock’s either, so my next firearm purchase will be a Glock 43 in 9mm.

Check these two websites out regularly for ammo sales, especially .45 ACP and 9mm:

Push,
If you decide to go all out for a custom lever, check out this custom from Wild West guns:

https://www.wildwestguns.com/custom-guns/

However, be prepared for a massive dose of sticker shock.

I’ve been thinking about switching out my 930 for this gun. My wife likes to shoot and I’d rather have one gun instead of his and hers. Have you fired it? I want to know if the difference in felt recoil is enough to justify a swap.

Cheers

I used to have a marlin lever action in .308mx. It had a very long accurate range for a lever action rifle. I was confident with it on game at up to around 200 yards and confident on targets at 300+ yards. The ammo is a little hard to come by so reloading was absolutely necessary.

I traded it for a tikka t3 .308win a while back and HOLY SHIT the tikka is an amazing rifle. It is a freakin tack driver and extremely lightweight with an impressively smooth action.

The novelty and good looks of the lever action were pretty cool and it was fun for a while but the 4" groups and heavy weight got old pretty quickly.

Now I am looking for an AR-15 for hunting coyotes. The bastards can get pretty pricey though.

I’ve had this rifle for a while, love to shoot it, and even take it hunting, but with the medium weight barrel it weighs in at 17lbs empty, and that’s a bit much. James River Armory makes a 19.25" barrel, which sounds like an odd size, but it’s just long enough to still mount a bayonet. I don’t own a bayonet, but it seems like a good idea, right?

A sig p320 compact to CCW better size then my storm and a small utility seax