Your Most Brutal Workout?

What was your most brutal workout you ever put yourself through?

I had a amazing painful leg workout today. i worked my legs for 1.5 hrs with pure intensity. I cant imagine the pain i will experience tomorrow.

Full Squats
135-10;205-8;225-8;245-6
Deadlifts
225-6;6;6;6
Hack squats
365-6;6;6;6
Romanian one leg squats
95 pounds; 30 on each leg.
One legged leg extension
70; 30 reps on each leg
one legged ham raise
70; 30 reps on each leg
Calf Raise (seated)
205-12;12;10
Standing calf raise
160-6;6;6;6

i cant even imagine if i maxed out on squats and deadlifts.

Share your most brutal workout.

1k nordic skiing sprint race, 8 times :slight_smile:

weight wise, probably one day i decided to just go down and squat till i couldn’t do any more, i did front and back squats only until i literally couldn’t do one more, soreness.

How is your hack squat bigger than your back squat? Not to mention, MUCH bigger.

i squat 365 6 times…i didnt max out becuase i didnt want to get tired before the bulgarian squats.

Lunges are always the move brutal for me.
God… I hate lunges.
THey work though…

Stocking cinderblock and running mortar for 4 block layers, 12 hrs. a day for 3 days straight.

After the 3rd day it felt like I’d been beaten to death and had my hands flayed to pieces.

wasn’t there a thread similar to this that started like a couple weeks ago? well I will put the same post i did on that other one: 20-rep breathing squats.

3 mile run in 17:52.

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
wasn’t there a thread similar to this that started like a couple weeks ago? well I will put the same post i did on that other one: 20-rep breathing squats.[/quote]

Yup, nothing will kill your ass like breathing squats. I only did them once and they were quite sick.

It was only one exercise, but it was the worst pain and the worst burn I have ever felt.

I challenge each and everyone of you to do this, if you haven’t already. That is…If you’re man enough.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
Take an incline bench, and grab two dumbbells to curl (weight at 80% of 1RM). Sit down, and hold the dumbbells to your side. Hold the dumbbell in your left hand as you do 10 reps of curls with your right arm. Now let your right arm down, BUT DO NOT LET GO OF THE DUMBBELL. Hold it as you do 10 reps of curls with your left arm. When you finish the tenth rep, count to TEN, and drop the dumbbell in your right hand. Count to TEN once more, and drop the dumbbell in your left hand.

FEEL THE BURN, YOU WOMEN. Oh yea, try not to cry.

How long does it usualy take to get 10 reps with 80% of your one rep max?

For some reason leg days are always my hardest.

That seems like pretty typical workout.
If we are talking the worst workout ever these two I challenge anyone to do and get back to me.

Front squats with heel off of block 6 reps rest 10 seconds
flat foot front squat for 6reps rest 10
rack it pull pins in a power rack so that you tap the bar against the pins at 3quarters lock out last rep hold 8seconds driving isometrically (you will need a spotter)

rest 2 min

leg curl
triple drop set 4,4,4

rest repeat 3 times when done

rest 3 minutes than do the next exercises

stiff legg deadlifts perfect form6 reps
rest 10 seconds
add weight romanian deadlifts 6 reps rest 10 seconds
add weight
deadlift normal 8 reps to failure.
example
stiff leggs 185 for 6
romanian deadlifts 250 for 6
Deadlifts 315 for 8
rest 2 min repeat 3 times.

oR this one.

this is still frys me to this day
start with leg curls, 5 drop sets 3, 5, 8 , 12,
imediately leg extensions drop sets till your fried , 5, ,5, 5, 5, 5until you can’t move anymore
cybex machine 6 secon negative 4 drop sets 6 reps each
walk to squats if you can do more than 135 id be surprised seen 500 lb squaters get bottom out with 1 plate!
thisis one big giant set takes no longer than 15 min.

Waking up. It’s the most brutal thing I do all day. After I get past waking up, the rest of the my day is easy.

Rest-Pause deadlifts(heavy singles with short rest intervals).

20 rep breathing leg presses

Farmer Walk until you drop the dumbells.

Short, yet brutal.

I did it for a few month, it was a part of the last split I did.

Here is my new circuit:

A1 Deadlift
A2 Close grip bench
A3 One Arm row

repeat 3 times, one minute rest between lifts

B1 Dumbell Front Squat
B2 Glute Ham raise
B3 Hammer Curl

repeat 3 times, one minute rest between exercices
Finisher: Farmer Walk and grip work

It is very very tough, you’re done in 30 minutes.

Possibly climbing ice cliff glacier in a day, or throwing up and then climbing north ridge of stuart in a day & being 11lbs lighter afterwards.

In the gym though… sparrow’s dozen from gymjones

12rounds of
12 deadlifts @ bodyweight
12pushups,
12 pullups,
12 situps (originally ball slams w/ 25lb - but no ball)

and…
10 front squats, 5 pushpress w/ DBs
every minute on the minute for 30 mins. I hurt worse than when I ran a marathon back in high school.

overhead squats are pretty brutal too.
3x of 400m run
10 OHS.
rest
3x of 400m run
15 OHS.

[quote]Fulmen wrote:
It was only one exercise, but it was the worst pain and the worst burn I have ever felt.

I challenge each and everyone of you to do this, if you haven’t already. That is…If you’re man enough.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
Take an incline bench, and grab two dumbbells to curl (weight at 80% of 1RM). Sit down, and hold the dumbbells to your side. Hold the dumbbell in your left hand as you do 10 reps of curls with your right arm. Now let your right arm down, BUT DO NOT LET GO OF THE DUMBBELL. Hold it as you do 10 reps of curls with your left arm. When you finish the tenth rep, count to TEN, and drop the dumbbell in your right hand. Count to TEN once more, and drop the dumbbell in your left hand.

FEEL THE BURN, YOU WOMEN. Oh yea, try not to cry. [/quote]

thats what i do for my biceps, with dumbell curls.you thief!!!lol)

Gotta be legs, breathing squats or HIT

HIT workout (all back to back):

Back squat 315x12 + 6 partials + one lonnnggggg negative
Leg Press ???weight x16 + partials + negative
Leg Extension ??? weight x 20 + partials + negative

Breathing squats:

My best: 245 x 22 (BW 180)

Other Squats:

135x 50 (2 sets)
185x20, 205x15, 225x12, 225x15, 205x20

Other exercises:

Rowing Erg x 2000m as fast as possible
Anytime I did the beep test
Sevens rugby

cb.

all my workouts are at home since i cant afford the gym at the moment. my friend came round one day and after playin on the ps2 we challenged each other ion a circuit workout. you had to beat the reps the other was doing, and i was always going first so here:
50 pushups
20 close grip pullups with fingers facing away from you(inverted?)
20 dips
100 bodyweight squats
100 roman situps
30 barbell military presses with 40 kgs
20 barbell curls 40 kg

and then repeat for a second time. the exercises were done with a minimum of 20 secs rest between at least. we felt like puking after.i know some of you guys are gona say the barbell aint heavy but i aint got the cash to go to a gym.im a naked warrior.lol

I train Westside but every once in awhile I will test the limits and go to failure. the below workout still makes my stomach feel uneasy. I threw up twice during this workout and passed out twice. I was training three other guys and only one finished it. the other two bowed out half way threw.

full squat (warm up)
0x10
135x10
225x6

585x6
495x12
405x15
315x15
225x20
135x40 - suprisingly this and the 225 was the hardest set.

rested for about twenty minutes
leg press (paused at chest)
26 plates plus 200lb buddy on top of machine x 15

did the above sequence one more time and failed on the 14th rep. went to stand up and passed out.

meat