Your Mantathalon Score

Check out this article: Train Like A Man 9

Follow all the rules, post your stats and final score.

Highest score wins. Who’s in?

I’ll be posting mine later tonight.

It was supposed to be a light day for me so this actually worked pretty well for me. I ran it twice kinda like circuit keeping rest pretty low I finished each one in under 15mins.

BW Bench- 12 @ 220lbs
BW Chins- 7 @ 220lbs ( this is a horrible movement for me :frowning: )
1/2 BW OHP- 20 @ 110lbs ( had way more but 20 is top score so I saved for the dips )
1.25 BW Dips- 7 @ BW + 55 lbs DB ( missed 8 by like 2 inches )
1/2 BW Curls- 6 @ 110lbs ( another movement I hardly ever do. Also done with a straight bar )

TOTAL- 52 making me a athletic man… I am not to happy with that number have work to do.

Also just a side note if this is supposed to be a Mantatholon why is there NOTHING testing leg strength.

I’m down but I’m gonna do this Friday or Saturday

Leg mantathlon is going to me another article. I’ll post up when I get back from the gym tonight

This is pretty cool. But, I’ll replace the curls with a real exercise. His message is spot on though.

[quote]Waylon Benning wrote:
This is pretty cool. But, I’ll replace the curls with a real exercise. His message is spot on though.[/quote]
He said on the TFW fb page that there is going to be a 2nd challenge.

61 here. Shoulder presses were my easiest exercise at 17, Dips were the hardest to grind out for me.

Predominantly train as a body builder.

Results as follows:

BW = 175 pounds, I just kicked it to 180 for ease of setting everything up

Bench = 10
Pullups = 12
Press = 17
Dips = 10
Curl = 12

Trend I am seeing is that shoulder pressing is the easiest one to max on. If I was on a more athletic type program I would keep this in once every 1-2 weeks and try and really get good at it… But I also kinda like that its a spur of the moment, “do it without training for it” kinda test. Anyone in the gym can do it at any time.

62 with 190lbs @ 187 bw

Bench 15
chins 12
press 14
dips 15
curls 6
…curls got me good I don’t do them reguarly maybe I Should

6’3" 183

Bench: 7
Chins: 13
Press: 16
Dips: 8
Curls: 7

Who does curls anyway…

Totals to 51

It mght be interesting to edit/include in our posts what style we predominantly train in. We can see how the power lifters numbers look compared to BBers compared to Crossfitters etc…

Dont want to turn this into a “We are better!” kind of thing, but its interesting how some of the numbers are coming out

I know this was posted in the beginner section, so my score can like, not count, but this thread inspired me to try the “mantathalon”, and I had a blast! So thank you guys. I decided to try this on my Sheiko off day today.

I train for powerlifting. Weighed in at 200 even. The upper body style mantathalon really favors my build.

Bench 20 reps. Extremely easy. Didn’t take much rest here since pull-ups are totally different muscles.

Pull-ups 18 reps. Maybe coulda gutted out the last two, but it was getting very tough. I used a neutral grip pull-up thing. Hopefully that’s not cheating lol.

Press 20 reps. Easy. Took my biggest rest here. Shoulders are feeling stressed.

Dips 20 reps. Easiest by far. Dips have always been a great movement for me. At this point had 3 minutes left, so I had to go to curls pretty quickly.

Curls 15 reps. Definitely the hardest. On number 16 I started leaning back and all that so 15 is where the legit reps stopped.

Final score: 93

Gotta do more biceps. Heck yeah.

one of our trainers getting a 90

I myself got 74…

We train mostly crossfit style for the past year.

doing some quick math i came up with this conversion for a womenathalon

bench .6 x bw
chin ups 2 pts each (10 for 20 points)
strict press .3 x bw
dips 3.33 points each (6 for 20 points)
bicep curl .3 bw

[quote]kaeosali wrote:

bench .6 x bw
strict press .3 x bw
bicep curl .3 bw

[/quote]
So do you think that dips are harder for women than chins, or are you preserving the 1.25xBW for dips? Honestly, I don’t know many women personally who can do many chins or dips, but I’m curious.

If I was going to modify the original routine, I’d say .6BW for OHP and .4BW for curls, since those seemed easy and hard respectively. I got a 39 at 225BW. I’m a little fat, which made things difficult. Curing 115 for reps is brutal; I only got 2.

[quote]Silyak wrote:

[quote]kaeosali wrote:

bench .6 x bw
strict press .3 x bw
bicep curl .3 bw

[/quote]
So do you think that dips are harder for women than chins, or are you preserving the 1.25xBW for dips? Honestly, I don’t know many women personally who can do many chins or dips, but I’m curious.

If I was going to modify the original routine, I’d say .6BW for OHP and .4BW for curls, since those seemed easy and hard respectively. I got a 39 at 225BW. I’m a little fat, which made things difficult. Curing 115 for reps is brutal; I only got 2. [/quote]

I don’t know ANY women that can do dips with 1.25XBW. A lot of guys can’t honestly. But my last girlfriend could do 8 bw dips and 2 bw pullups, if that’s any consolation. I’d imagine the pull ups are a little harder than the dips.

I couldn’t get that score at your BW Silyak, well done

Silyak, I got a few pounds on you and that was my experience. I can’t do dips–no station–but I can only get a couple of chin ups unassisted…

but holy crap, the OHP was dead easy but I couldn’t get 2 reps with the curls. Those just seemed insane.

seems like everyone found the OHP pretty easy here

My scores were:
Bench: 11x225
Pull-ups: 8
OHP: 14x115
Dips: 4x+55
Curls: 2x115

I was disappointed at my performance on the Bench and pull-ups as I have done more. I don’t usually do weighted dips or heavy curls so I’m not too surprised that those were low.

As I said, I have some extra fat so I’m not the right test case for this, but it is unfortunate that there isn’t really a simple way to make a standard test across weight classes. A test based on absolute weights will favor big guys and a test based on BW multiples will favor little guys.

Got an 80 today, with a whopping 6 on curls haha. If i had managed my time better i woulda had 20 on all movements except curls, and i went 225x25 on bench in the spirit of the NFL combine (my best is 29, i really want 30)

i’ve noticed true full dips to be harder for females than pull ups. lots of girls can do the quarter dips.

[quote]Andrewdwatters1 wrote:

[quote]Silyak wrote:

[quote]kaeosali wrote:

bench .6 x bw
strict press .3 x bw
bicep curl .3 bw

[/quote]

If I was going to modify the original routine, I’d say .6BW for OHP and .4BW for curls, since those seemed easy and hard respectively. I got a 39 at 225BW. I’m a little fat, which made things difficult. Curing 115 for reps is brutal; I only got 2. [/quote]

I don’t know ANY women that can do dips with 1.25XBW. A lot of guys can’t honestly. But my last girlfriend could do 8 bw dips and 2 bw pullups, if that’s any consolation. I’d imagine the pull ups are a little harder than the dips.

I couldn’t get that score at your BW Silyak, well done[/quote]