Your Little Phobias

Spiders, Those things have venom that can seriously mess you up, and the real bad ones are the size of a quarter.

Germs, I know I’m a freak. My mom is a germaphobe and she kind of raised me to be one as well. I hate it and I’m doing my best to get over it. It’s hard to erase 18 years of conditioning though.

So basically i’m afraid of small things that can cause great harm.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
I have fear of country music and yodeling.

[/quote]

That only scares me when the musician(s) has on overalls.

got you all beat…i can’t stand the fucking seeds inside peppers. all those tiny seeds crowded so tightly trying to hang on for dear life to such little space creeps me the fuck out.

seeds in general, really, but esp. pepper seeds

[quote]NeelyDan wrote:
got you all beat…i can’t stand the fucking seeds inside peppers. all those tiny seeds crowded so tightly trying to hang on for dear life to such little space creeps me the fuck out.

seeds in general, really, but esp. pepper seeds[/quote]

I had to piss really badly, then I read your post and nearly had a fresh submission for fmylife.com.

Body odor - I went to the zoo this past weekend and some guy was holding his kid up to see the chimps and I swear my eyes started watering from the stench from his armpit. I couldn’t take it anymore so I had to tell him. “Dude you wreak.” You know its bad when you are at the zoo and the animals smell better than the people.

[quote]NeelyDan wrote:

Weirdo.

[quote]NeelyDan wrote:

That’s seriously messed up, man. Do you have some kind of history with peppers?

I can’t stand needles.

[quote]tom8658 wrote:
NeelyDan wrote:

seeds in general, really, but esp. pepper seeds

That’s seriously messed up, man. Do you have some kind of history with peppers?

I can’t stand needles.[/quote]

Probably, I’m sure I’m just a skilled repressor.

Something that I’ve never even seen in real life freaks me out big time. You know when addicts shot themselves up and get track marks? Gross. I think I read somewhere that they start going in between their toes to hide the marks. More gross. If this isn’t true, someone say so, so I can earse this thought from my mind.

also, on family guy sunday, this dude missing an eye left the socket too moist for too long and he spoke of it growing eye mushrooms

i can’t fucking lose the heebie jeebies as a result of that, i think it has ruined my brain.

[quote]tootles27 wrote:
Something that I’ve never even seen in real life freaks me out big time. You know when addicts shot themselves up and get track marks? Gross. I think I read somewhere that they start going in between their toes to hide the marks. More gross. If this isn’t true, someone say so, so I can earse this thought from my mind.[/quote]

Sorry to tell you the ugly truth … they might also shoot up underneath the finger nails, on their upper thighs or underneath their arm pits

[quote]NeelyDan wrote:
also, on family guy sunday, this dude missing an eye left the socket too moist for too long and he spoke of it growing eye mushrooms

i can’t fucking lose the heebie jeebies as a result of that, i think it has ruined my brain.[/quote]

That is messed up. Thanks a lot.

Getting eaten alive… by shark, alligator, lion-- whatever.

Not so much gulped, but chewed on slowly to death…

I think that’s why I hunt and fish so much. There’s probably some really badass karma retribution thing waiting for me… a great white or a grizzly or something.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
Zits on other people.

Spiders/bugs with multiple legs. [/quote]

Mine exactly. (I was waiting for imhungry to answer this for me.)

There’s something about those extra legs that is just CREEPY! When I was at school in New York we occasionally had these bugs in the dorms we called “thousand leggers.” They were big, slinky-fast and when you killed them they released a nasty smell. Horror movie stuff. When I have to kill anything with more than six legs I’m ashamed to admit I do the whole hyperventilating, screeching, ultra-girly terror bit.

Oh, and ticks.

1. Not being able to move my limbs, whether it be from paralysis, a tight enclosure, etc.
  2. Nail files!!! Ugh… I got shivers just typing that.

[quote]sluicy wrote:
pushmepullme wrote:
When I have to kill anything with more than six legs I’m ashamed to admit I do the whole hyperventilating, screeching, ultra-girly terror bit. [/quote]

So do I.

But I’m a guy and I weigh 200 lbs :confused:

How about this …

Those bugs you read about that lay eggs in your skin and they fester and live inside your skin and have to be removed by a dr.

Or the fish that look for openings in your body that have inverted scales and bones to prevent easy removable with out tearing your up inside.

[quote]steve.rt wrote:

1. Mice
  2. Can’t take a fish off a hook
  3. Being exploited for listing irrational fears on a website.[/quote]

I can’t take a fish off a hook either. Never have. I step on them and yank the hook out. I can’t touch minnows or any kind of fish. My hand literally will recoil if I do, I can’t help it.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:
I have fear of country music and yodeling.

That only scares me when the musician(s) has on overalls.[/quote]

Add in scraggly beards and no teeth and you’ve got my worst nightmare, from which there is no Deliverance.

[quote]jchenky wrote:
People walking closely behind me.
I always let them pass. I always think they will have a knife and cut my throat. I don’t know what it is.[/quote]

me too.