T Nation

Your Life Goals in Strength Training

Deadlift 3x body weight
Bench 2x body weight
Squat 2.5x body weight
Break 3 inch thick cement block with my hand.

Absolute bare minimum for me would be.

405 bench
405 squat
500 deadlift

and drop a couple pounds in body weight.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
I don’t know how to state my goals without sounds like an egotistical dreamy prick…

My squat’s gone up and up over the past 2 years. 420 at the start of 07, 540 at the start of 08 and now 675 as of last weekend. I’d like to squat 400kg/881lb single ply and 1,003lb multiply while being drug free and between 242 and 275lb.

I’d like to bench 300kg/660lb in single ply gear at the same weight as above.

Deadlifts are my nemesis. I haven’t pulled a PR since November 2007. I’ve been fucking about with sumo and conventional without choosing and training one properly. I’m going with conventional for the rest of this year. Based off a best training lift of 232.5kg/515lb x5, I should be around 272.5kg/600lb right now. I bombed out of my last meet so didn’t get to test. This year I’d like to do everything I can to get close to pulling 300kg. I know it’s a stupid number to chase before the year’s out, but even if I come up short I should hit a whopper PR.

Ultimately, I’ve no idea what I could be capable of pulling. 750lb/340kg could be nice I suppose?

A major goal’s a 1000kg/2204lb total at 110kg/242lb. If I stay injury free in the long term, I like to think I could take a shot at 10x bodyweight.

Those are actual lifetime goals btw… but you can be sure if I get there, I’ll want more![/quote]

YOUR A FREAAKKK!!!..but i dont want to sound egotistical but im knocking on your DL door with just a belt :-P…to answer my life goals, i want legit world records in powerlifting and be a world champion in powerlifting. In other words, i want to place first in IPF worlds ( i believe thats the closest fed/affiliation to a TRUE world champ-dont hate multi-plyers…i still have yet to START competing in suits :slight_smile: )

I want to join the 2000 club in the 220 class. Of course, if I’m bigger (and lean) than that when I get there, I’ll take it.

More short-term:

• Set state record for squat in Junior 18-19 198lbs class
  • Total at least 1300 (looking for 1400 if all goes well) at my upcoming meet
  • Get 3 plates (raw) on the fucking bench already (and then 4…)

Goals as of now ( dunno if some count as a strength goal):
Strength goals:

Power clean: 405 ( got another 60 pounds or so to go)
Bench: 405 then 500 after ( almost at 405 now though)
Squat: 650+ ( I think im there just havn’t tried it)
Deadlift: 600+( Closing in on it)

All raw btw and only squat and deadlift with a belt nothing else I dont use that other stuff because were not aloud to.

Other athletic goals:
I hope to at least hold my 40 speed and my vert at my new weight and hopefully hold it as I continue to get heavier dream is to break out the 4.3 range to the 4.2 range and break past the 40 inch vertical range but damn I gain some weight then get back to where I was speed wise then gain some more weight then back to where I was speed wise. Two steps forward one step back anyone? + it keeps getting harder and harder to get my speed back the heavier I get too stupid hamstrings so weak in comparison to the quads arghhh!

[quote]Pipes06 wrote:
im knocking on your DL door with just a belt /quote]

You’re on the verge of a 340kg deadlift at like 75kg?? :o

5 more pounds than whatever I’m currently lifting.

Also I want to win a national championship in a major powerlifting fed.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
I don’t know how to state my goals without sounds like an egotistical dreamy prick…

My squat’s gone up and up over the past 2 years. 420 at the start of 07, 540 at the start of 08 and now 675 as of last weekend. I’d like to squat 400kg/881lb single ply and 1,003lb multiply while being drug free and between 242 and 275lb.

I’d like to bench 300kg/660lb in single ply gear at the same weight as above.

Deadlifts are my nemesis. I haven’t pulled a PR since November 2007. I’ve been fucking about with sumo and conventional without choosing and training one properly. I’m going with conventional for the rest of this year. Based off a best training lift of 232.5kg/515lb x5, I should be around 272.5kg/600lb right now. I bombed out of my last meet so didn’t get to test. This year I’d like to do everything I can to get close to pulling 300kg. I know it’s a stupid number to chase before the year’s out, but even if I come up short I should hit a whopper PR.

Ultimately, I’ve no idea what I could be capable of pulling. 750lb/340kg could be nice I suppose?

A major goal’s a 1000kg/2204lb total at 110kg/242lb. If I stay injury free in the long term, I like to think I could take a shot at 10x bodyweight.

Those are actual lifetime goals btw… but you can be sure if I get there, I’ll want more![/quote]

You’re not an egotistical dreamy prick. You’re a strong mofo with “normal strong mofo ambitions”.

And besides, my threads “brag about yourself” and this one is for you members to have the opportunity to feed your ego. It feels good to be conceited.

I am not dying until I snatch 200 kilos as an 85.
Wish me luck…

I want to squat 1000 and bench 700 in single ply gear. Currently at 650 and 501, respectively. I also want to bench 500 raw. I don’t care what bw, though I will probably be a legit 275 (EDIT) when those numbers get within reach. I was a fat, bloated, just barely 242 when I set my current marks.

I have no idea what goal to set for the deadlift. I’m in the same boat with Hanley in that the dead has been my huckleberry for years. I’ve never pulled more than 585, so right now I would be thrilled to finally hit 600. Lifetime I think it would be awesome for me to pull 700.

Miles to go before I sleep…

[quote]OrangeBroccoli wrote:
I am not dying until I snatch 200 kilos as an 85.
Wish me luck…[/quote]

You have Kirk Karwoski’s personality. That’s really awesome.

Total elite in 220 or 242.

[quote]HunterKiller wrote:
Deadlift 3x body weight
Bench 2x body weight
Squat 2.5x body weight
Break 3 inch thick cement block with my hand. [/quote]

x2 + run a 6 minute mile, <11 sec 100, 1.75xbw x20reps, 10 single hand straight body pushups, 20 pistols, 205 million dollars do all this by 32, where I will quit and just concnetrate on desert. So I have about almost 7 months.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Pipes06 wrote:

[/quote]

OOHH SHIITT…actually noo…i thought you had up 300kg, not 340. Im brushing the 6 double oh, not even looking at 7 yet :-X

[quote]Pipes06 wrote:
Hanley wrote:
Pipes06 wrote:

OOHH SHIITT…actually noo…i thought you had up 300kg, not 340. Im brushing the 6 double oh, not even looking at 7 yet :-X[/quote]

Lol I said I’m around 272 now, and hopefully 300 by year end so maybe that’s what you saw?

thats what i saw. My bad, cant have people on here thinkning im an internet tough guy

bench 650, dead 820 and squat 900. with only single ply on the bench…

bench 650, dead 820 and squat 900. with only single ply on the squat

bench 650, dead 820 and squat 900. with only single ply on the squat

Go LW PRO in strongman