Your Greatest Moment(s)!

These stories are wonderful.

This kind of pride in one’s accomplishments is exactly the reason that parents, schools, and other organizations should set the bar high… so that achievement really means something, and can be a stepping stone to future success.

One of my greatest moments was getting a job for the first time after trying to commit suicide. I tried in 2002. After counseling and therapy for two years I got a job in late 2004. I can’t describe the amount of self-worth that gives a person.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
These stories are wonderful.

This kind of pride in one’s accomplishments is exactly the reason that parents, schools, and other organizations should set the bar high… so that achievement really means something, and can be a stepping stone to future success.[/quote]

I can’t speak for everyone but reading this thread really made my day. Thank you everyone who contributed.

I dont have much time to post but without question birth of my boy (and everyday with him after).

When I was 10, had a swim meet in New Jersey for an invitational for the boys and girls club. I won the gold medal in the 50 yd free. the whole race was perfect, from the step up onto the platform, to the dive, to my breathing, to the strokes and kicks, to my turn, and finally the finish; it all just flowed together like no other race before.

this past summer, at my job at a sports camp in the city of Boston, had one of the campers come up to me and simply say “thanks coach for everything this summer.” This kid had a rough summer, and just wanted to sit inside all day to play videogames, but throughout the camp, I talked with him and helped him out, motivated him to keep trying - him thanking me was the best part of the job.