Your Greatest Gains Ever...

DC for me.

MAG-10

1995-1996, Grad school. Limited time to train, lotta time to sit and eat and rest. 3x a week poerlifting type split. hard n heavy, lotta protein, lotta sitting on my ass.

S

Not training like a pussy and stopped caring about “SuperPrograms” that has everything lined up perfectly.

May not be fancy, but damnit, it works.

The past 6 months, training chest/back every day (5x week), and two other muscle groups the second half of the workout.

Last winter, sleeping on the afternoons and drinking 2-3 litre whole milk per day in additional to my regular food. Gained a little fat, though, most of it is gone, and muscle remained…

Possibly a close 2nd was after I turned 18. It’s like my T finally kicked in. Gained 25 lbs in 3 months without a change in diet (and it was awful too) while reducing body fat. Night and day difference.

Technically, my quickest gains ever happened before I even joined a gym, when I worked in a warehouse over summer. Eating like a horse and shifting around ceramic bathtubs put around 60lbs on me in 3 months (some fat, a lot of muscle - but I was emaciated beforehand).

I then spent the next month dieting down to about 190lbs, giving a fairly lean gain of 40lbs, 150lbs → 190lbs. I joined a gym at 190lbs and began my training career from there.

My best gains once the newbie stage passed however were on DC, no doubt about that.

[quote]Dave_ wrote:
Technically, my quickest gains ever happened before I even joined a gym, when I worked in a warehouse over summer. Eating like a horse and shifting around ceramic bathtubs put around 60lbs on me in 3 months (some fat, a lot of muscle - but I was emaciated beforehand).

I then spent the next month dieting down to about 190lbs, giving a fairly lean gain of 40lbs, 150lbs → 190lbs. I joined a gym at 190lbs and began my training career from there.

My best gains once the newbie stage passed however were on DC, no doubt about that.[/quote]

Wow that’s impressive! Too bad those muscles weren’t functional eh? :wink:

When i stopped going for max pounds and started focusing on form.

Definitely my senior year in HS. Rusty iron weights, metal playing over a cheap boombox, and having 2 lifting partners who knew there job was to push me to my limits.

This was also around the time I realized the importance of logging my weights. I had a strength coach who would hand me a sheet of the weights I HAD to hit for that day. Having that on paper was a real big factor in the amount of muscle and strength I gained that year.

I still hold the bench press record…chea! lol

[quote]adamhum wrote:
When i stopped going for max pounds and started focusing on form. [/quote]

same here. i had the worst form on most of my lifts just to make myself look better, and all i did was screw myself up. after dropping the weight and doing them right, my numbers have jumped, size has improved and my body doesnt ache nearly as bad