Your Goals for 2003 - list 'em here!

A couple things off the top of the head:

1. 220kg total @ ~77kg BW.

2. Achieve 6% at least once in my life, stabilize in the 8% range.

3. Continue to improve upon my mastery of the German and Spanish languages.

4. Strict press 225 overhead.

5. Touch rim, at the very least. 6. Continue to read at least one book a month which prompts critical thinking.

7. Oh, yeah… booty is good too! :wink:

FINISH MY FLIGHT TRAINING- I PUT IT OFF FOR 2 YEARS, BUT BY GOLLY, I WILL FINISH ALL MY RATINGS IN THE NEXT 14 MONTHS. THAT'S MY ABSOLUTE MOST IMPORTANT NUMBER ONE GOAL!

I hope I am not posting too late, I haven’t logged on for a few days…My number one goal is to continue to grow as a new father, and to love my wife each day. I also will continue to develop my relationship with Christ. As far as lifting…I WILL bench over 500, and I want to hit my “ELite” status total wich is just over 1900lbs in a meet. I am fairly close, so wish me luck!

(Note to Jason N: winkee winkee right back at you and “thank you”! )

My turn:

1)Improve my bench and squat to match the level of my deadlifts.

2) Deadlift regularly 325lbs. And continue to dead in the 300+ lb range.

3)Any of the following: Qualify for Nationals, place in the Top Five of my class at Team Universe; Win the 123lb weight class at the Oregon State Powerlifting Championship; compete in my first Strongwoman contest (and place in top two!); fight in a my first amatuer boxing match (and win).

4)Become respected and admired by my peers in the creative industry.

5)To continually improve my focus and creative talents.

There's easily a (6): To be able to rely on my art as my primary source of income.

NOW that's it, folks. Happy Holidays!

Forgot to add:

To see Ko fight and win his first MMA match. Patricia :-)

1. Hang out with Pat&Ko again! - Ike

Maybe you guys should learn how to count before you go try and hit on girls. Just remember that 17 is before 18 and you should be ok.

My goals:

(1) Financial: To get completely out of debt, including my house (plus a lot of other financial goals).

(2) Education/self improvement: To read at least 1 self-improvement book a month, and apply that knowledge.

(3) Spiritual: To develop my walk with God to the point where people can SEE it in my face.

(4) Physical: To continue with my training, while adding more aerobic components with the goal of (re-)entering the triathlon racing world, develop more strength while decreasing the body fat.

And a note to Patricia – I’m wondering about the goal of winning the powerlifting meet. Would it be a better goal to research what it would take to win lift-wise, and make the goal related to achieveing those lifts? I’ve seen this before as people make winning the goal (in other arenas), and even though they make dramatic improvements in their chosen endeavor and come close to winning, don’t quite make the top spot on the podium and then call it a failure of a year. Just a thought.

I understand what you’re saying. But if you read my number one goal, I’ve already begun the training. For the record, here’s the Womens 132lb Open division winning lifts (2002): Squat: 181lbs.; Bench: 99lbs; Dead: 253.5lbs.

I regularly bench 135lbs;squat 225lbs; dead 290lbs. And I'll be in the 123lb. weight class. Also, Tod, Oregon Strongman Chapter President is a former powerlifter (14-years), and is providing me (and Ko) with advice. I also began researching on training specifics a year ago. In other words: dude, thanks for the concern, but I've got it covered!

Improve my tactical and technical skills as an officer. Score a +300 on the APFT. Maintain a minimum gpa of 3.25, with A’s in my 400 level courses. Get certified as a personal trainer and find a job at a gym as a trainer.

Ok, sounds like a shoe-in. Maybe the goal should be “stay healthy enough to show up.” LOL. :wink:

Anyone else? Some really good lists so far, I’m excited to see what everyone else has got set for goals. Patricia :slight_smile:

Become mad fast. Become ripped like elite sprinters.

Also I’m going to try and be a better person. Donate more money to charity and do volunteer work.Get Better Grades too.

1. Get a 3.67 (A-) average for both semesters of 2003

2. Look my best physically so that…

3. Win my first fight where family and friends will be present

4. Continue getting help for and make progress with my clinical depression

Patricia, what federation are you lifting in for the Oregon State Championships? My goal for 2003 is to compete in a full PL meet. I’ve competed in a bench meet and a couple of push-pulls so far. I’m aiming for a USAPL meet in Napa, CA for April. I’ll probably be lifting in Novice as there’s no Women’s Masters division (I’m 56).

1 To trust in my own abilities.
2 Become consistently focused
3 Go from a weak 200 pounds to a hard strong 210 pounds
4 Kickstart my music career

Poul Hansen: Your name sounds Scandinavian, are you danish? If so I’m glad to see a fellow danish T-man…

1. Ripped 175.

2. 3 lift total of 1215 (450 dead, 450 squat, 315 bench) 3. Fight in the FCFF (Full Contact Fighting Federation)

4. See Patricoa get a boxing match and compete in a powerlifting/strongwoman event.

It’s USAPL up here, so that’s where I’ll be. I usually check out the Washington State’s USAPL site (www.washingtonusapl.com), since it has links to Oregon and Alaska.

Good luck with your meet! Remember to keep us posted as to how you do!