T Nation

Your Friend's Deadlift Routine

Christian,

You posted a while back about a technique/routine that your friend, who held deadlift record, does to improve the deadlift. I've looked through the forums but can't find it. Would you please share that again? I've been plagued with tendinitis in my left knee and the only lower body activity that doesn't aggravate it is deadlifts.

Help Me Get My 405 Deadlift

[quote]BigIron77 wrote:
Christian,

You posted a while back about a technique/routine that your friend, who held deadlift record, does to improve the deadlift. I’ve looked through the forums but can’t find it. Would you please share that again? I’ve been plagued with tendinitis in my left knee and the only lower body activity that doesn’t aggravate it is deadlifts.[/quote]

You’re talking about JF Caron who finished 6th at this year’s World Strongest man and who deadlift over 900lbs for reps.

I honestly don’t remember the exact routine (and it changes during the year anyway) but his staple is working to a 2RM, then doing 3 to 5 sets of 5 with about 80% of his 2RM then doing rack pulls from below the knees.

Great, Christian. That sounds like what you posted before. Thank you!

What was the frequency of this?

[quote]Akidara wrote:
What was the frequency of this?[/quote]

Once a week. But they also did even training once or twice a week which included a lot of work similar to a deadlift.