T Nation

Your First Sponsor?

For those of you who are sponsored bodybuilders, what was your first sponsorship, how did you get it, and what did you have to go through before being able to ask/get that first sponsorship?

What is your story? Who were the people you knew? What advice do you have for people looking for sponsorship?

I feel like we probably have more sponsored strength athletes then sponsored bodybuilders here.

I think Dirty Gerdy may have been sponsored at one point, correct me if im wrong anybody.

I’m trying to line up Kellogs and Tupperware :smiley:

S

I hate to say this, but you might check out the BB.com forums. I think there are some pro BBer Q and A forums there.

You know what I noticed? There’s not many pro wrestlers who are sponsored. You’d think Biotest might be interesting in sponsoring a handsome and talented grappler who uses many of their products and also happens to be featured on a weekly television show(ROH on HDNet, Saturdays @ 8PM! http://www.hd.net/ringofhonor.html )… Hm?

[quote]esk221 wrote:
happens to be featured on a weekly television show(ROH on HDNet, Saturdays @ 8PM! http://www.hd.net/ringofhonor.html )… Hm?[/quote]

That’s pretty cool dude.

Slap the porpoise folks, its over!

my new favorite post coital saying.

Lol very cool. And here I thought Biotest might be interested in sponsoring a very well spoken cartoon animator :smiley:

S

hahaha slap the porpoise!

that brought tears to this soldiers eyes:’)

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
I feel like we probably have more sponsored strength athletes then sponsored bodybuilders here.

I think Dirty Gerdy may have been sponsored at one point, correct me if im wrong anybody.[/quote]

lol well sort of…

I work for a supplement store and my boss supports the habit…but I’m far from being ‘sponsored’ as some are.

If you’ve built up a decent physique you can contact any of the major supp companies and they will more than likely throw something your way and use you for something…but talking sponsorships like Jay then thats another ball game.

I get free tanning at my gym because I’m “representing” -lol

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
I get free tanning at my gym because I’m “representing” -lol

S
[/quote]

lol hows the tanning going stu? u get darker or are you a typical white dood like myself that goes from white to off white LOL

I did 15 min yesterday, and 8 today. Actually the girl at the counter scolded me for tanning 2 days in a row, but last week when I did back to back like that was the only time the slight reddish hue didn’t fade immediately. Hopefully I’ll keep some shade this time, then just do 5 min every other day until pro-tan time.

S

I’m going to go with “my parents” as my first sponsor.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
I’m going to go with “my parents” as my first sponsor.[/quote]

LMAO! Me too! “Sponsored by Pop”

Fisher Price

im sponsored by a local man who gives me 6 eggs every day.

I would like to be sponsored by Walmart and Jack in the Box.

I figure just walk out on stage with the giant foam Jack head on and an “ALWAYS LOW PRICES” sticker on my ass.

esk,

You should slap your opponent across the face with a weiner after the German Suplex.

Very cool that you’re on TV.

I have had two sponsors

my first I sort out and sent in a letter stating what I could offer them with photos etc.

this was after winning a few local shows.

after starting to win overalls and being mentioned as a possible national class winner my current sponsors approached me - it helps if you bring something to the table, I am active on alot of non sponsored forums (unlike this one)and write for magazines etc so not only do a publicise the sponsorinjg company at shows but do it on a regular basis in a wide variety of places.

think of it this way - if you had a company what would make you offer money from your own pocket to others in return for?